Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: '08 TBSS E67 fan control?

Here is a stock 07 tbss file
    Attached Files Attached Files

Perfect! Thanks for taking the time to post it up for me.

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by JAY4SPEED View Post
    Perfect! Thanks for taking the time to post it up for me.

Jay
    Hey, no problem. What did you figure out?

I remember one of my friends saying on his 06 all he did was change from pwm engine to discrete and it worked. The 07 doesnt have the ability to change it to "discrete." How different are the 08 tables?

Lifetime Member

The 08s use a different setup from GM, and therefore GM didnt bother to put or make the fan tables easily accessible. Im pretty sure 06 and 07s can change the fan type easily, but if you say the 07s cant Ive heard HPT can on 07s. They dont have 08s figured out either though.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Low03noma View Post
    Hey, no problem. What did you figure out?

I remember one of my friends saying on his 06 all he did was change from pwm engine to discrete and it worked. The 07 doesnt have the ability to change it to "discrete." How different are the 08 tables?
    Just like Erik said, the '08s are totally different. Seems that the '06s were the only ones that EFIlive had the ability to add on efans fairly easily. I know that they are swapping segments from other O.S.s in HPtuners to get the '07s and now the '08s (so I'm told that the '08 efan control as of a few days ago) to get the pin on the ECM to control efans. EFIlive (understandably) does not allow swapping segments between 2 different O.S. much less than 2 different ECMs E40 and E67 for reasons (I assume) as not to crash the ECM. However, there has to be a way to do this via patch or custom O.S. because that his how its getting done by other programs. Seems if there was a way to integrate the E38 fan control segment into the E40 / E67 with the option to select either a descrete on/off output for fan relay control (LS1 F body fans) or a PWM signal for variable speed fans (C6 Vette efan setup). That would be the hot ticket.

I tune my customer's vehicles with EFIlive. I don't want to have my truck tuned by HPtuners rendering my EFIlive incapable of reading / writing to my own ECM from their custom patch. Therefore, I'm holding off on tuning my own vehicle with my EFIlive hardware and patiently waiting to see if this can / will be implemented and if so, when.

Yes this is for my own benefit but I do believe that EFIlive is missing the boat on potential customers. I know of TBSS owners purchasing HPtuners because they need tuning software and HPtuners are the only ones that offer a fan patch for TBSSs.

Jay

The 2006 TBSS required a patch to get the e-fans to work. It was not a simple change to the G0910 table. After the patch, my G0910 table is set to discrete and a pin was added to the pcm to trigger the new fan relays.

I had a look at the Fan controls for the E67, there is over 100+ parameters/tables related to fan controls.

I was sent a file with the fans converted, however I don't think it was done with HPT, in any case, it appeared all that was done is to copy the entire fans 'section' from another vehicle in to the TBSS file.

I don't want to have to configure 100+ fan parameters over 50 O.S's to make this work. Maybe a patch of the fans section might be a better option given there is only 3 E67 OS's used on the TBSS from 07+.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by JAY4SPEED View Post
    When looking at OS 12618164 on an '08 TBSS there are no electric fan control options. GM went to a full mechanical engine driven fan for '08 on the TBSS. A popular mod is to incorporate the '07 Corvette electric fans with fan controller (PWM driven) or using LS1 fbody fans (relay controlled) off of pin 49 of connector 3 on the E67. Until now, people have been having to revert back to the 07 OS to gain the electric fans function of the E67 (so I'm told). Would it be possible to apply a fan patch or a custom OS with a segment swap for the 12618164 OS to allow fan controls on pin 49? Also, could it be included for the fan patch that we can have a lower parameter than 192* F for table G0901?

Thanks,

Jay
    Do you know if the 2008 Impala SS uses PWM fans? It shares the same OS as the 2008 TBSS.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Thanks so much for looking into this Ross

What are the 3 O.S.s for the '07+ E67 TBSS? I can try to do some digging on my end to help out.
    I know of these 2:

The '08 Impala SS uses the 3 relay series / parallel system which could be one option to use for efans:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	08 imp ss fan control.jpg 
Views:	327 
Size:	135.6 KB 
ID:	3299  
    Last edited by JAY4SPEED; May 15th, 2008 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4DRSS View Post
    The 2006 TBSS required a patch to get the e-fans to work. It was not a simple change to the G0910 table. After the patch, my G0910 table is set to discrete and a pin was added to the pcm to trigger the new fan relays.
    Not according to these guys
    http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301

Or at least thats what i get out of reading it. No one said they needed a patch. ( i could be wrong, just didnt see it anywhere)

(one of the guys posted his through efilive even though the thread is title "through HPtuners")

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast