Thread: Locking up in Vista

Default Locking up in Vista

Anybody have any experience with the computer (Dell laptop with Vista, plenty of resources) just completely freezing up during data logging. The screen just freezes with the pointer completely immobilized. ALT-CTRL-DEL does not give Task Manager, nothing. Only solution is to restart by holding the power button down, losing all logged information.

There seems to be no pattern in this process. I have been successful with two data logging sessions. Sometimes the lock occurs seconds after starting logging, sometimes longer, several minutes.

All latest drivers and versions installed ( EFILiveV7_5_3_Setup_Files.zip, FlashScan D2XX USB drivers V2.02.04 for Win2K, WinXP and Vista).

Not happy.

Dan, welcome to the forum...

I pm'd Tech Support.

Thank You!

Any conflicts from maintenance programs, registry edits, etc..... that I could resolve?

--dan

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

There is a known bug that will cause exactly what you describe if you start logging with 0 channels of PID data selected. The computer will hang as soon as you click the start recording button.

I.e. you must have at least one PID selected with a channel count of greater than 0.

However, I do not know what would cause that problem once a log has started.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.