Thread: LB7/LLY Allison DVT

Default LB7/LLY Allison DVT

Ross, would it be possible to add a "Hold 6th" button to the LB7/LLY Allison DVT for those that have the Suncoast 6 speed upgrade? For those that don't have it, and have a 5 speed TCM & VB, I suspect one of two outcomes if one tried to use it: Either the TCM would yak on the command and not do anything with it, or it would accept the command and the transmission would drop to Neutral and probably give a "Shift Range Inhibited" (I've had this hapen several times with the A40 in my truck).

I'm not sure it's actually a valid combination the TCM will accept. Although the gear selection is defined in one byte so it could accept a value of 6th it might not happen.
    I can send you a .dvt if you have a truck you can test it on.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I'm not sure it's actually a valid combination the TCM will accept. Although the gear selection is defined in one byte so it could accept a value of 6th it might not happen.
    I can send you a .dvt if you have a truck you can test it on.

Cheers,
    Ross
    PM Sent

On the subject of DVT, are there any plans to implement it as a standalone function?

Also, does the "Clear all adapts to fast" function ONLY set the TCM to fastlearn and not clear taps (like it appears)?
    Last edited by Cougar281; May 11th, 2008 at 12:44 PM.