Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VATS deletion E40.....stuck in the mud!

Default VATS deletion E40.....stuck in the mud!

Yeah it's me again trying to get my moneys worth on the forums.

Should be simple but it's not. This time I am trying to delete VATS on a GTO E40 for use in my Vulvo swap. The engine is up and running on another E40 with VATS delete just as it shows in the software and forum searches. Engine will not crank after Vats delete. This is the code: P1629 theft deterent signal not learned. This implies to me that I have not properly deleted VATS. Have full reflashed with different settings many times.

Might one of you with more knowledge than I offer to look at my tune for VATS delete?

No rush, there's a beer in the fridge!

Thank-you, John with the Volvo that doesn't crank.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lifetime Member

Have you tried flashing in the Voy OS or are you trying to get this to work with the GTO OS? Its definitely the GTO OS from the VIN, you've full flashed the OS after making the VATS patch correct?

Looking through the DTC Type stuff, have you tried disabling first P1629, P1631, P1648, P1677, P1678, P1679? And maybe look at P0513 & P0633 too.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

I've been trying to keep it simple so I did not change any of those DTC types. Only full flashed the GTO OS into the GTO E40, with no other changes but VATS delete just to set a starting point. EFILIVE won't full flash the Envoy OS into the GTO E40. Actually posted about that a while back and the hire ups tell me that the OS are completely different and I'd lose the DOD.
    My thought was to just change ALL (throttle body, APP sensor) over to GTO stuff because of my recently aquired bad taste of DOD operation as the car shakes worse than a preacher in a house of ill repute. Have searched Vats delete E40 in forums and only a couple of posts come up.

Spent 10 full hours yesterday working on BEN logs and learning the software. I've had this over a year, taken the EFILIVE training (which was well worth it), and lost most all of the hair that was still left on my head. I've installed and tuned Holley, Accel fuel injection systems and tuned MANY carbureted vehicles, lawn mowers, saws.....yadayadayada but this program is kicking my A$$. Ounce I get it down the payback should be huge. We just purchased an 08 HD 2500 6 liter. AVERAGE fuel consumption on paper has been LESS than 10 miles per gallon....Thanks GM!

Would you suggest I delete those codes and try again?

Thanks,John

Is the tune for a manual trans or Auto?
    If it is for a manual it is probably looking for the clutch switch before it will crank.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Thanks for the reply, The tune is from an automatic. I also have the T42 with the same Vin#. The clutch switch is checked also....file is in first post.
    I'd love to be able to use this ECM. I'm ready for the next step!??? Thanks, John

Ttt

So just for sh!ts and giggles I did ANOTHER full reflash to this 05 GTO E40 ecm I have and actually tried it in the wife's 06 GTO. She wasn't really happy she had to drive her BMW to work instead. Hey for better or for worse right?
    Installed Vats deleted e40 into her GTO and it wouldn't crank either. Pulled a P0513 Incorrect Immobilizer Key, which is different than the P1629 code I've been getting. I've downloaded the ECM and all looks correct for VATS delete.
    Any help or ideas muchly appreciated, John

Hello people,
    It's been one week and I thought it was time for an update. I've tried EVERYTHING I could think of to delete the VATS. I even had another EFIlive user take this GTO tune and delete the VATS himself and send me back the tune. This failed also.
    With that in mind I proceeded to my local Chevy dealer with my Speartech reflash cable and asked if they would take this stock 05 GTO E40 and full flash it to the GMC Envoy OS that was already up and running in my car. First thing they did was laugh out loud when I handed them the harness. I don't think there are any "tuners there"! $76.00 later (they flashed 2 E40s) I have an ECM again. I deleted the VATS and car fired right up. YEEHAW!!

On a sour note: When I picked up the re-flashed GTO E40 from the dealer today they asked me where I got the Envoy ECM from. I told them it was a complete engine/trans/wiring thru Ebay. Then I asked why? They claim the vehicle was a government vehicle with 6 miles on it that GM had crushed and NO PARTS WHERE ALLOWED TO BE SOLD!!! Also they could get in trouble because GM knew they reflashed theis VIN #.
    It's probably a good thing I buy a lot of parts off them and 2 new trucks from them this year didn't hurt either.
    I've bought quite a few items from this wrecking yard in Detroit. They always have TOP-NOTCH stuff. I mean NEW. Just bought an LS2 GTO intake from them. They said it was used with 50 miles on it. Funny thing is all the fuel rail shipping caps where on it and there was no gas smell or installation marks. Go figure.

Thanks for all who helped me, John

I am updating this post for those of you who are searching the EFIlive forum for info on engine swaps, or are having problems with VATS delete with a mix and match harness/ ECM like mine. If you use an E40 with a GTO operating system then pin #22 on C3 (gray connector on E40) MUST be grounded for starter operation. The ground is acheived through the neutral safety switch on the transmission pin #12 and #1. The Trailblazer harness and O.S. for 05 and 06 do not use this pin at all for starter operation, and in fact pin #1 and #12 are cranking voltage.

Many happy burnouts ahead! John

Doing a similar transplant using a donor 2006 GTO LS2 engine/t56/E40/harness all from the same vehicle but going into a Pontiac Solstice. I wired the C1 connector (Blue) for the vehicle connections. First attempt at Crank got no cranking and a P1629 vehicle theft DTC. I then had the ECU flashed locally using EFILive to remove the VATS. Same "no crank" situation but no P1629 this time. If you are right about Pin #22 on C3 I will worship you at the local watering hole for many Fridays!

I think I have the C1/Blue connector wired correctly but how would I know?

Does anyone have the minimum set of wires required for an E40 ECU to start?

For an LS2/T56, is there a TCM? Does that generate the ParkNeutral signal or should that be wired to the clutch pushed voltage signal?

Is it the Crank purple wire on C1 that tells the ECU to ground the "clutch pushed" circuit which closes the starter relay?

What other signals does the ECU look at in order to Crank?

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast