Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BB Logging beta update: May 06, 2008

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Whatever, I dont really mind as its not a HUGE thing. Just something Ive noticed and this is a beta testing period, right?
    Correct, it should be done right and beta testing is the right time to do it right.
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninety8C5 View Post
    I will make sure I only log the ones that will log correct data. I assume that none DMA PIDs are okay.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninety8C5 View Post
    Will the DMA PIDs that are incorrect for my car be okay for a friend's car that is OS 19980200 or is the problem with all 1998 C5's?
    If, after you read the *.tun file form the PCM, the tuning tool shows 19980200, then the DMA PIDs will be ok.

If, after you read the *.tun file form the PCM, the tuning tool shows 19980400, then the DMA PIDs will NOT be ok.

In both cases, the Scan Tool will show the OS to be 19980200. The problem is the EFILive Scan Tool can't (yet!) identify the 19980400 operating system without reading out the PCM contents - so it incorrectly assumes it is a 19980200 OS and the DMA PIDs defined for a 19980200 OS won't match your 19980400 OS.

We are working on a fix...

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    I,m sure I missed it somewhere else, but...
    Is there a pid for the plx serial when logging via computer?
    ALL serial wideband controllers report their AFR and Lambda via the same PIDs:
    Code:
    EXT.WO2ST1                 F408 SED-16-900   .                External         "External Wideband Sensor State"
    EXT.WO2ST2                 F409 SED-16-900   .                External         "External Wideband Sensor State"
    EXT.WO2LAM1                F40A UNM-16-913   "lambda"         External         "External Wideband Lambda"
    EXT.WO2LAM2                F40B UNM-16-913   "lambda"         External         "External Wideband Lambda"
    EXT.WO2AFR1                F40C UNM-16-914   "AFR"            External         "External Wideband AFR"
    EXT.WO2AFR2                F40D UNM-16-914   "AFR"            External         "External Wideband AFR"

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar281 View Post
    Don't know if you meant it, but it looks like my BRFRP and BRFPR PSLs for the LB7 where left in.
    Oops, sorry, I will put it back to how it should be .
    I must learn not to run testing in the production system...

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Doe View Post
    I missed the last two updates. Someone with a 99+ LS1 Manual using this update? Everything still working, DMA pids and all?
    Should be fine on an LS1, the first line of testing has always been a trusty LS1. Although that will be changing as we are getting an E38, 6 speed, vehicle next week.

Regards
    Paul

Nice one Paul, same as me . LS3 or LS2?
    The LS2 goes pretty well stock.
    Last edited by ringram; May 6th, 2008 at 10:36 PM.
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Should be fine on an LS1, the first line of testing has always been a trusty LS1. Although that will be changing as we are getting an E38, 6 speed, vehicle next week.

Regards
    Paul
    I just confirmed it for a 2004 GTO PCM. All looks well!

Edit:
    I did find a small bug when trying to set an alarm for a gauge in the scan tool. I clicked on the "..." button to select a sound to play for the alarm high.

Here is what happens. The lower window is what pops up for me to select the .wav file I want to choose. It automatically comes up with *.wav as the file type. However there is nothing to choose. So I pulled up a windows explorer window (top window) and see that there are plenty of .wav files to choose from. To ensure they are a .wav file I pulled up the properties of one of the files. It is in face a .wav file.

I am unable to choose a .wav file to use for the alarm sound. BUT, if I type the path and file in myself it works. In the screen shot below I manually typed in the path and file. And it works.

In the open file dialog change the *.wav to *.* and it will show the files.
    I must have missed that dialog box when converting the software over to be "vista compatible".
    The dialog will also not automatically open in the "Sounds" folder, you'll need to navigate there manually, I'll fix that too.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    In the open file dialog change the *.wav to *.* and it will show the files.
    I must have missed that dialog box when converting the software over to be "vista compatible".
    The dialog will also not automatically open in the "Sounds" folder, you'll need to navigate there manually, I'll fix that too.

Regards
    Paul
    Paul, I am unable to chnage the dropdown box from "*.wav" to "*.*" or "all files". The dropdown box only contains "Wave Files (*.wav)". I even tried manually adding the .wav extension to the file name. That didn't work either.

Paul, I've tried the last two updates and I cannot get my V2 to recognize my truck for BBlogging. When I hit "Select PIDs" I get a message saying "None Loaded". I've reformatted the SD card and also used the "Format" button on the "config" tab. After I load all the config and .pmm files I check the used space for the internal memory and there is only 4K used. The SD memory says there is 20K used. The Beta release from April 26th worked fine.

All other features seem to work such as diagnostic codes and getting the VIN numbers.

Any clues? I'm going to re-format and try to install the firmware update again to see if that fixes anything.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast