Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EFI live = Incomplete tuning package!!!!

Default EFI live = I'm stupid and need help

I'm pretty fed up with the whole EFI live tuning and innovate wideband install.

Why can't efi live tune off the existing 02's?

Why dont they supply the whole package of wo2 sensor if you can't tune without one?

Now I'm left to integrate 2 different systems to eachother, innovate and efi live.
    I have to learn the adjustemnts for 2 seperate systems, lambdas and adjusting the wo2 and downloading the program onto my computer. THat's just to get Wo2 working.

Then I would have to learn the EFI live program and how to get it to recognize the w02?!?!?!?!?!?!

THen I would actually have to figure out what adjustments to actually make to my Pcm and

Then I would have to figure out how to do that through EFI live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I finished my head cam clutch install 3 weeks ago and I havn't been able to finish the tuning. i CANT EVEN GET THE WIDEBAND HOOKED UP!!!!!!!!

I'm being held hostage because of a crap package and no good instructions.

This is BS!!!

Where is the comprehensive tuning guide and installation overview for a 97 corvette?

The .bin file repository is a fing joke. Of all the cars and and different cams and set ups and you only list a handfull of 00+ vettes at best!??!?!?!?
    Last edited by NASABlue; May 7th, 2008 at 10:40 AM.

I had an entire post written up answering like every one of your questions then realized it was not necessary. If you don't want to learn how to tune, then take it to somene who will tune if for you. You'll find that tuning is alwasy a learning process. If you don't like learning, this is not for you.

Lifetime Member

can you link me to that post, I am wanting to learn but cant figure out how to install the lm1
    2000 NBM trans am.
    427 Dart ship block,Lme ported Ls7 heads 12.5 compression
    246/262 .730/.712 112+4 low lash solid roller
    Rmvb 4l80 with transbrake, 8" FTI converter
    12 bolt Moser rear end with 4.10 gears

Quote Originally Posted by Aint Skeered View Post
    can you link me to that post, I am wanting to learn but cant figure out how to install the lm1
    Sorry, I meant I typed it up, then deleted it and replaced it with the reply above.

Lifetime Member

ok. I am chasing my tale without the lm1 hooked to the v2. my lm1 shows good air fue ratios but my ltft's are at avg. 8/10 %
    2000 NBM trans am.

Lifetime Member

for the original poster, dude this stuff is fun to learn but if you dont want to learn then I would sell the kit and pay some one. lots of helpfull people on this sight and very good equipment. Find one better and let me know. good luck with that though
    2000 NBM trans am.

Aint Skeered,

There is a turorial called "LC-1 Installation Tutorial"

Find it in the Scan Tool under Help -> Tutorials -> LC-1 Installation Tutorial

Who said you can't tune off the existing O2 Sensors. Disable LTFT, log STFT Map (its already built for you in the scan tool), force closed loop with the Bidirectional Controls. Then apply the data to VE. It's pretty difficult to do high RPM stuff like this but all your cruising cells are easy.

This is still no substitute for tuning with a WB. I'm just illustrating that EFI LIVE can do it off the NB's.

I have spent 3 weekends dedicated to this process (7 total for the head cam clutch flycutting). I'm trying to get my 97 corvette mn6 to the point where it will idle and maybe make it a trip around the block. I dont ask for much but a little progress to give me a taste. Just a Taste!

I thought this would be fun as well, I want to learn, but how long does it take. so far I have 40 houres in on trying to just get my arms around the entire scope. Every time I do something there's something I missed. The heads cam clutch was much easier. THis is like trying to discover mars with the mayflower.... uncharted ground apparently.

IE I installed the wo2, but not in the location of the lg's 2'd o2 in one that I painstaikenly put behind the x pipe. then bolted everything back up only to realize the free air calibration required it to be un installed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then I read further about needing a heat sink for it.

Then downloading the innovate program and the adjustemnts that have to be made for the lambda vs the whatever!!!!

THsn there isn't even anything to tell me how to integrate the efi live and the innovate. which wire goes in whic 2 or 3 pinned connection

I wish I could have just stuck this thing in my tail pipe and gotten to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Doe View Post
    Aint Skeered,

There is a turorial called "LC-1 Installation Tutorial"

Find it in the Scan Tool under Help -> Tutorials -> LC-1 Installation Tutorial

Do you have any sound with those tutorials other than clicking noises. No one explains what they are doing or why and what it will effect.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast