Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: EFI live = Incomplete tuning package!!!!

Remember, us old timers didn't figure out Q-Jet tuning overnight. You will be rewarded with as much info as the most brainy 4 year-degreed GM Powertrain tech if you take it slow, double check, test and verify, and take your time - and ask a question instead of guessing.

EFILive - It's NOT an overnight sensation - it's like a 9 1/2 Weeks encounter... The power, the control, the thrill of it all; it'll make you sweat, you'll be sore for a day, and the memories will last a lifetime.

(Oh yea, I'm single again...)

Good Luck -and, "NASA Blue" - any ties to the Space Agency?
    Early EFILive V5 user - Upgraded from AutoTap for DOS!
    2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28, A4 - For occasional day trips...
    1984 Chevrolet Caprice Classic - For the family...
    1989 Honda VTR250 - For me and me only...

Lifetime Member

Hah, I have been doing the efi tuning for a year now and am still trying to figure out how to hook up my lm1 to my efi live.

it is fun but can be very nerve racking at times. However, my car Idles better then it ever has when a certain PRO TUNER was doing my tune.

My car drives great but with out doing auto ve I am trying to tune based off of what my ltft's are telling me. Right or wrong, its getting me down the road in a good driveing car.
    2000 NBM trans am.
    427 Dart ship block,Lme ported Ls7 heads 12.5 compression
    246/262 .730/.712 112+4 low lash solid roller
    Rmvb 4l80 with transbrake, 8" FTI converter
    12 bolt Moser rear end with 4.10 gears

If you decided you wanted to design a LS7 engine its not going to be easy. Its sounds like you have jumped in over your depth. Thats why it costs so much money for cars to be tuned well by people with lots of experience.

OMG!

I'm going to try to get to gether w/ a tuner.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    7 months, maybe 8 now. I just got my idle fixed.

100+ flashes. 93 logs.

I just drove my car back home from the motor rebuild/upgrade - admitted, the stock setup was already COS#5 SD tuned (which I did myself), but after the 2 1/2 hour drive home, most of the regular driving BENs are nicely set ... idle tune shouldn't be too much ...
    Once you got your WBO2 in the car and running, the AutoVE HowTo is pretty much all you need to get your car running well ... just follow the HowTo step by step, it's really not that hard to do ...
    Garry Glendown * '17 Fifty 2SS MT * 99 Firehawk Convertible (for sale)

I'm doing better here, there are some discrepancies between the innovate downloaded instructions and the efi live lc1 install guide.

What wire should connect to the middle EFI "pin out"? I have the yellow to the exterior of the tri terminal, but the instructions call for a "Signal Ground" to the center terminal. Further it clairifies the white and green.

Now I dont have a green, but I do have a blue and white. But the EFI live instructions say to connect the blue system ground seperate from the signal ground. But the blue is the heater ground and the Innovate say to ground the white and blue together.

SO I've laid everything out all over my hood and am creating a comprehensive schematic for grounds, positives, gauges, toggles, led, efi live, and LC-1 (did I forget anything?).

I have a Efi V1 for those who have asked.
    Last edited by NASABlue; May 10th, 2008 at 08:12 AM.

Take some pics and post here... and any diagrams you draw.

With your LC-1 do this first:
    - figure out what you want to drive with it (analog AFR, digital AFR, NBO2, AFR gauge, status LED...);
    - draw a diagram of how you're going to connect/power it (label wire colors/names);
    - bench test it: connect it up outside vehicle and power it up, do heater cal, free air cal, check that status LED goes solid, measure with voltmeter/EFILive, program flat voltages (e.g. 1V and 4V) and verify they output, check AFR with butane/propane... make sure everything works before installing in car.

Here is my total system diagram

May help may not.

1999 C5 A-4 Convertible
    1 of 245 Nassua Blue 99 Vert's, Blackwing, LS6 Intake, 42 # Injectors, Two Stage Nitrous System- Dry and a Wet Plate, EFI Live Scan/Tune V2, 1999 PCM with 2002 COS 5 OS Custom Nitrous Panel.

Maine USA

Beer, you rule...

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by NASABlue View Post

Then I would have to learn the EFI live program and how to get it to recognize the w02?!?!?!?!?!?!

THen I would actually have to figure out what adjustments to actually make to my Pcm and

Then I would have to figure out how to do that through EFI live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    For some of us, we were just glad when ANY product was available to tune our rides. I would say we are lucky that software this good is avail. Also, part of the FUN is learning how to use the software to make your ride fast.
    Hang in there--you'll figure it out.
    07 Silverado DMax Classic
    02 Z06 LS3 416, 805rwhp, TFS245, Wiseco, Callies Crank/Rods, Iskendarian Lifters, Crower Rockers, FAST102/90, ATI Damper, 1-7/8 Kook's LT, QkTime Shield,Tolle-Fab 8pt
    Old Engine: 1/4mile = 9.6/146 New Engine:?

EFI Live Tune/Scan v7.5.27, EFI Live Scan and Tune v8.2.23, build 276, BootBlock 2.07.06, FirmWare 2.07.52, 512K RoadRunner (12.14.R), Innovate Serial LC2x2

COS5/12212156 For 2002 Z06 Manual Vette

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast