Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: EFI live = Incomplete tuning package!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by macca_779 View Post
    Who said you can't tune off the existing O2 Sensors. Disable LTFT, log STFT Map (its already built for you in the scan tool), force closed loop with the Bidirectional Controls. Then apply the data to VE. It's pretty difficult to do high RPM stuff like this but all your cruising cells are easy.

This is still no substitute for tuning with a WB. I'm just illustrating that EFI LIVE can do it off the NB's.
    The who's and what's? where is it built for me in the scan tool?

Is there an acronym definition list. I feel like I'm working for the FAA here.

how do you force a closed loop with bidirectional controls? What are bidirectionl controls and where are they?

what's VE?

Acronym list anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by NASABlue View Post
    Do you have any sound with those tutorials other than clicking noises. No one explains what they are doing or why and what it will effect.
    What are you tlaking about. The tutorial I referenced is a .pdf file. You read it. If you are hearing clicking noises it must be in your head. LOL. Not the tutorials on the Innovate site (which I assume you're talking about), I'm talkinga bout the ones in the scan tool, under the path I gave.

there's a PDF other than the owners manual for innovate?

I'm hearing ticking in my head.... clicking is on the efil live tutorials that are hyper quick and unexplanitory....of course unless there's som hidden pdf file that is the narrative.

I'm sorry I didn't get any link.

Scan Took Meun -> Help -> Tutorials -> LC-1 Installation Tutorial.pdf

Open your Scan tool, then click help (top menu Bar) and then click tutorials.
    1999 C5 A-4 Convertible
    1 of 245 Nassua Blue 99 Vert's, Blackwing, LS6 Intake, 42 # Injectors, Two Stage Nitrous System- Dry and a Wet Plate, EFI Live Scan/Tune V2, 1999 PCM with 2002 COS 5 OS Custom Nitrous Panel.

Maine USA

I have had this program about 7 months now. I still cant afford a wideband O2. Ive tuned with stock ones. Now is it as accurate or correct as one with them? Highly doubtful. But its gotten me to a very drivable condition.

Disable LTFT? Didnt know I could do that. Must find out how.
    11 Silverado
    08 Sierra
    91 RS with 350 TPI and 411 ECM

Or here : http://www.efilive.com/download.aspx
    Tutorials Interactive and Tutorials PDF
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

NASABlue,

Well... I don't know what to say... I see your first post was 3 hours ago... I didn't see you post any questions 3 weekends ago...

There's a lot of reading material all over the place (here and other forums), and there are many people here who are willing to help you... but don't turn them off by expecting it all to be handed to you.

We all started from zero, asked questions, tried what was suggested, read and read and read, and tried and tried and tried... after all, this is hot-rodding, a DIY art... there's people here who started with less than what you have and have come very far...

I hope you're not too upset [written word does lose colour]... (this is my best dead-pan business-like tone after a night of poor sleep).

I hope it all goes good for you regardless of which way you go...

Regards
    Joe
    Last edited by joecar; May 7th, 2008 at 08:53 AM.

And the scantool has a user manual pdf which explains how to use bidi controls.

And the tunetool also has a user manual.

And as mentioned, there are various tutorials right under your fingertips.

And knowledgeable people who would help you if you had asked.

NASA Blue,

You seem to like analogies....

You're ranting is the equivalent of an 8-year-old playing his first year of little league and saying, "I've played 3 games already and those f**kers at the New York Yankees still won't let me on the team!"

I'm not trying to be a dick - but you have to realize that a learning curve exists for this process. For some, that curve is steeper than others. If you were this anxious to get your car running, your money would have been better spent with a local shop capable of tuning your car.

If you decide you would like to try to continue tuning your car yourself, sum up a little patience and ask for help when you get stuck. Maybe make a post with a list of mods, post up your stock tune, and where you're at now.?.?.? Then, we can get a glimpse of what you're doing right, wrong, or whatever. If you're having trouble getting the WBO2 to work, post up your questions and someone will be happy to chime in. Please try to avoid the rants and "I'm fed up with..." posts because they solve nothing.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast