Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1998 LS1 to 2000+ LS1 conversion?

Default 1998 LS1 to 2000+ LS1 conversion?

With the amazing response I got asking about the early Vortec to 411 PCM conversion I figured I would ask this.

What does it take to convert a 1998 LS1 T/A to a current 411 PCM to allow for proper 2/3 bar SD tuning?

Thanks guys!
    -Kenny

Quote Originally Posted by KAZ MotorSports View Post
    With the amazing response I got asking about the early Vortec to 411 PCM conversion I figured I would ask this.

What does it take to convert a 1998 LS1 T/A to a current 411 PCM to allow for proper 2/3 bar SD tuning?

Thanks guys!
    -Kenny
    I believe it's as simple as re-pinning the wiring harness and loading a COS.

So far in my "research" that is what it seems.

I need to do some searching on how to flash a VIN#, express van fuel segment, etc.

Work in progress...should be interesting.

Any luck with anyone over at LS1Tech.com? The tech forum has one or two people who have swapped pcms I believe.

LS1tech had an amazing amount of information about this. Doc and Rick at Alchemy posted alot of info about this and another gent (who I forget the name right now) had every pin in/out for the swap listed.

I am halfway through the pin swap with 2.5 hours invested actual hands on. I decided to label each wire with a label maker and I think that is taking longer than if I just swapped pin for pin.

I will try pin for pin on my own vehicle...customer's vehicles are not to experiment on without permission!

Glad to hear you're making progress.

You're correct, do it right, step by step, no shortcuts... that's the quickest way to do it...

Quote Originally Posted by KAZ MotorSports View Post
    LS1tech had an amazing amount of information about this. Doc and Rick at Alchemy posted alot of info about this and another gent (who I forget the name right now) had every pin in/out for the swap listed.

I am halfway through the pin swap with 2.5 hours invested actual hands on. I decided to label each wire with a label maker and I think that is taking longer than if I just swapped pin for pin.

I will try pin for pin on my own vehicle...customer's vehicles are not to experiment on without permission!
    Hello

Meant to give you a call today, sorry we missed your call. Give us a call tomorrow, and ill try to get ahold of you as well. We have done quite a few of these for F-Bodys and Corvettes all over the country

Rick
    www.efialchemy.com
    WWW.EFIAlchemy.com

I posted this up quite some time ago. If you are going to do a pin by pin, it makes it easy.
    AL
    http://www.chipsbyal.com/convert98/
    "Trash that carb and get Injected!"

Hey guys,

I am going to go back through the wiring this morning.

Rick...no worries. After I go back through the wiring I will give you a shout if I am having "issues".

Al...that is an amazing document you put together. I was wondering if the order was to allow for pin by pin moving looking at the order, but my first thought was, "who would take the time to break it down that way?" Obviously someone dedicated to making another person's life quite a bit easier. THANK YOU...if no-one has said it to you yet!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast