Thread: Wide band question??

Default Wide band question??

I have an efi systems UEGO 1000 wide band O2 that I'd like to tune with. Is it possible to use this sensor instead of the ones listed in the help section, and which PIDs would I use for the Auto VE? I'm fairly new to EFILive, but I havae a decent understanding. Any help would be appreciated.

You can do either of these:
    - create a calc pid using the voltage:AFR points of your wideband (I'll show you how);
    - program your wideband to have the same voltage:AFR points as say the LC-1.

Cheers
    Joe

Default Thanks for the help!

I thought I'd post the PMs sent between myself and Joe since it was some very helpful information. Like he said, some people my be having the same problems, but are embarrassed to ask. I always say, there's no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people.

Thanks again for the help, but the problem (I belive is with my V2)

Cool...

Let me know how you go.

Joe

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gotabav
    Thanks again, I'll do some reading tonight and I'm sure it will go just fine. I just finished building a twin turbo LS6 in a Cadillac CTS-V and can't wait to get the tune spot on. I have it running fairly rich on purpose right now, which is causing some drivability problems, but at least I can drive it for now.

Brian

Quote:
    Originally Posted by joecar
    Brian,

Here's a "tutorial" on creating calculated pids:
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=132

More:
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=130
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=4518

Cheers,
    Joe

Quote:
    You can do either of these:
    - create a calc pid using the voltage:AFR points of your wideband (I'll show you how);
    - program your wideband to have the same voltage:AFR points as say the LC-1.

Cheers
    Joe

Joe,
    Thanks for the reply on my question. I would like a little more input on your "I'll show you how". You can email (gotabav@live.com) me or PM me whichever way you prefer. Ans again, Thank you for the help.

Brian

Hey, no problem...

So your wideband gives:
    - 0V for AFR 7.35,
    - 5V for AFR 22.35,
    - a linear range for the above,
    Is that correct...?

Wideband must be powered.

When powered, in presence of free air, wideband should output 4.9+ volts, measure this with a digital multimeter; is this what you see...?

Do you have FlashScan V1 or V2...?

See scantool user manual for AD1 input pins...

If you have V2, turn it over, it has a label showing the AD1 thru AD4 input pins...

AD1+ is the signal input for analog input 1,
    AD1- is the signal ground for analog input 1,

(lets do everything on analog input 1 ("AD1")

Work thru this checklist:
    - analog signal is connected to AD1+,
    - analog signal ground is connected to AD1-,
    - on PIDs tab, EXT.AD1 is selected,
    - on Data tab, EXT.AD1 appears,
    - connect scantool to vehicle (green circle button at top left),
    - press record button (red circle button at bottom center),
    - The Data tab should show other pids' values updating with real data; same on the Dash chart,
    - does the Data tab show voltage values for EXT.AD1...?
    - if not, disconnect analog signal and ground from AD1+/- inputs, and connect a AA 1.5V battery (+ to +, - to -), does Data tab show EXT.AD1 reading ~1.5V...?
    - if not, then somethings wrong, or you didn't connect/record.

If all that is working, then on the PIDs tab select the calc pids (AFR, BEN) for the LC-1 using the AD1 voltage, and on the Dash chart you have to add those pids to a chart (right click on the right or left region of a chart, see the context menu pop up, try the menu items).

You can post up your questions on the scantool section of the forum, include screenshots of where you're at in the above steps (see link below)... if I'm not around, then someone will still be able to help you on the forum... also, there's other people who have similar questions but are too shy to ask, so you're doing them a big favor...

See here: Posting images

Cheers and Regards,
    Joe

Quote:
    Joe,
    I have tried what you suggested with no luck. I have the 0-5 V coming into the scan tool and it is the same values as the LC-1, but the scan tool has no reaction to the voltage coming in (the value stays @ 0 with no fluctuation).I tried the calculated PIDs information that you suggested, still no luck. I then tried the LC-1 default PIDs selection, still no luck.

I'm having a blast learning with this set up, but this one has me a little frustrated

I hate to take any more of your time, but if you could spare some I would greatly appreciate it.