Thread: WB serial to LT serial?

Default WB serial to LT serial?

With all the effort to get serious serial input into V2, why not go serial to the laptop into EFILive software?

I guess it defeats BB logging but if you are creating BEN factors and processing the WB data, is that not happening within the LT processor?

LM-1 and soon (reportedly) LM-2 have a serial out, supplied cable for serial in on LT, and could be plug and play with proper PID? The LM-1>2 can record rpm vs AFR via it's own LT software, can't we all share?

Maybe I am oversimplifying and or missing a major step?

Bruce

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

LM-2 EFILIve package with TAQ -sLM2 V-2 serial cable> Package deals

geez Bruce - You'd think we could all get along or something

Sounds like a resonable option for pass thru logging.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Not sure what you're actually asking for but I thin k it is one of two things:

1. Ditch FlashScan and allow EFILive to log data directly from the LC-1 or LM-1 wideband controller. (Not going to happen)
    or
    2. Allow the serial wide band data to be logged by the EFILive Scan tool using FlashScan as a passthrough logger. (Can already be done).

1. Won't happen because EFILive no longer supports serial comms on Windows. Only USB is supported in EFILive.

2. Log the PIDs:
    Code:
    EXT.WO2ST1                 F408 SED-16-900   .                External         "External Wideband Sensor State"
    EXT.WO2ST2                 F409 SED-16-900   .                External         "External Wideband Sensor State"
    EXT.WO2LAM1                F40A UNM-16-913   "lambda"         External         "External Wideband Lambda"
    EXT.WO2LAM2                F40B UNM-16-913   "lambda"         External         "External Wideband Lambda"
    EXT.WO2AFR1                F40C UNM-16-914   "AFR"            External         "External Wideband AFR"
    EXT.WO2AFR2                F40D UNM-16-914   "AFR"            External         "External Wideband AFR"
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Not sure what you're actually asking for but I thin k it is one of two things:

1. Ditch FlashScan and allow EFILive to log data directly from the LC-1 or LM-1 wideband controller. (Not going to happen)
    or
    2. Allow the serial wide band data to be logged by the EFILive Scan tool using FlashScan as a passthrough logger. (Can already be done).

1. Won't happen because EFILive no longer supports serial comms on Windows. Only USB is supported in EFILive.

2. Log the PIDs:
    Code:
    EXT.WO2ST1                 F408 SED-16-900   .                External         "External Wideband Sensor State"
    EXT.WO2ST2                 F409 SED-16-900   .                External         "External Wideband Sensor State"
    EXT.WO2LAM1                F40A UNM-16-913   "lambda"         External         "External Wideband Lambda"
    EXT.WO2LAM2                F40B UNM-16-913   "lambda"         External         "External Wideband Lambda"
    EXT.WO2AFR1                F40C UNM-16-914   "AFR"            External         "External Wideband AFR"
    EXT.WO2AFR2                F40D UNM-16-914   "AFR"            External         "External Wideband AFR"
    Paul,

Good guess, it was curtain #1.

Can I use a commercial serial to USB adapter (I still have one) for LM-1? -- new LM-2 will have USB
    It is a USB world after all

Bruce
    Last edited by Bruce Melton; May 9th, 2008 at 11:15 PM.

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Melton View Post
    Paul,

Good guess, it was curtain #1.

Can I use a commercial serial to USB adapter (I still have one) for LM-1? -- new LM-2 will have USB
    It is a USB world after all

Bruce
    I guess it would work, but you'd have to check with Innovate to know for sure.

Regards
    Paul

Would the PIDs be the same?

That is: would EFILive recognize or know know what to do that the incoming USB data?

(I have to view this stuff like plumbing to make sense of it)

PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

Would the PIDs be the same?

That is: would EFILive recognize or know know what to do that the incoming USB data?

(I have to view this stuff like plumbing to make sense of it)
    Again, not sure what you mean. Is it:

1. Would the PIDs I posted earlier be the same for all the different wide bands that we support? Yes, just select those, PIDs and then select the wide band you are using via the FlashScan menu. FlashScan converts the data from whatever wide band is selected/connected and transmits the wide band data via those same PIDs for all supported wide band controllers.

or

2. Would the PIDs I posted earlier be the same for the LM2 when it is released? If the LM2 has a serial output like the LM-1 then yes, otherwise I don't know.

(Well time to get a new signature - it looks like I do know what I don't know)

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Again, not sure what you mean. Is it:

1. Would the PIDs I posted earlier be the same for all the different wide bands that we support? Yes, just select those, PIDs and then select the wide band you are using via the FlashScan menu. FlashScan converts the data from whatever wide band is selected/connected and transmits the wide band data via those same PIDs for all supported wide band controllers.

or

2. Would the PIDs I posted earlier be the same for the LM2 when it is released? If the LM2 has a serial output like the LM-1 then yes, otherwise I don't know.

(Well time to get a new signature - it looks like I do know what I don't know)

Regards
    Paul
    Paul,

If I can properly convert PLX-SM, and/or LM-x to USB, as opposed to serial, can I use the PIDs above when both Flashscan V2 and WB (USB) are connected to laptop via USB?

Trying to go direct to EFILive via Laptop USB from WB without going thru Flashscan.
    10/4?

Bruce

PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

Paul,

If I can properly convert PLX-SM, and/or LM-x to USB, as opposed to serial, can I use the PIDs above when both Flashscan V2 and WB (USB) are connected to laptop via USB?

Trying to go direct to EFILive via Laptop USB from WB without going thru Flashscan.
    10/4?

Bruce
    No, USB is very different from RS232 in terms of what software can/can't connect to devices.

With RS232 devices, there is no "intelligence", all RS232 devices are equal and can be interchanged so long as the baud rate and start/stop/parity settings are the same.

With USB devices, the devices are intelligent and negotiate a connection with the PC software via USB drivers. The USB drivers expect certain identification data from the device, Devices cannot be interchanged without extensive software and driver redesign.

The EFILive software is designed to connect to a very specific USB device. That device MUST be called "EFILive FlashScan V2" and it must have a Vendor ID of 0x0403 and a Product ID of 0xE4A1. No other USB device is allowed to use that combination. Even if you could somehow force another USB device to identify itself using all three of those identifiers, EFILive has a specific command format that no other device would use or understand.

Sorry to be so negative, but it is impossible.

Regards
    Paul

Paul,
    Ok, got it.
    That is not unexpected, frankly. I was just looking forward to when the WBs are USB and dreaming they could plug and play with EFILive.

Back to serial and trying to "get in" to Flashscan/EFIlive that way.
    Appreciate your patience.
    Bruce

PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF