Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP! No external voltage!

Default HELP! No external voltage!

I'm having a problem with my V2 reading 0-5V voltage. I used my V1 with external voltage devices before I upgraded with no problems, but this is the first time I've tried it with the V2. I hooked up a UEGO 1000 wideband and got no info from it. JoeCar helped me with a few troubleshooting techniques (Thanks again for the help!!) After checking wiring and using a multi-meter to verify 0-5VDC from the O2, I hooked a AA battery to the analog inputs. No voltage!

I hooked the scan tool up to the OBDII port and placed it into test mode. No 0-5V response, 12 V switched inputs work fine. I don't have a thermocoupler to test those 2 inputs.

I sent my V2 in after the first time I used it because after the first use it would not communicate with a vehicle again. (sent it in around Sept. 07) Had no problems with it after that until now.

Any more advice would be very helpful.

Default Sanity checks...

Did you get the AA battey polarity right...?
    Do you see voltage on any of the 4 analog inputs...?

I pm'd tech support.

I got the polartity correct (I always check that before hooking anything up better safe than sorry), no analog input via the PC or on the self test on the interface itself. I sent an email to EFILive Support, no response yet. This unit was repaired last year, but I haven't used the analog inputs on it before this.

the V2 analog inputs are notoriously inaccurate.
    i got one of the first shipments and mine will float without
    anything even hooked up to them.
    thankfully it has serial input for WBO2 now.

None of the 4 analog inputs work...?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

If you're using firmware V2.04.xx then when you are viewing the analog input voltages on FlashScan's screen, press F2 to display the raw AD counts instead of the analog voltage. (Press F1 to go back to voltage).
    The analog voltage may read 0 if the calibration data has been erased. That would cause the multiplier to be 0 which in turn would cause the voltage values to always read 0.
    If you view the raw A/D counts do you see them changing when you appoly a battery voltage?

Please note: you MUST supply 12V (vehicle power) to the RJ45 connector to power the A/D converter circuits. If there is no 12V power then the A/D inputs will not work.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Still no luck....

All of the testing I've done is with the RJ45/OBD connector hooked to the vehicle. Tried the raw AD counts, but still nothing. The #s 1 & 4 switch back and forth from 0 to 1 with nothing connected to them and #s 2 & 3 stay at 0 with the AA battery connected or not. I hate to say it, but I think the FlashScan is having another problem.

Default Don't feel bad..........

Quote Originally Posted by gotabav View Post
    Still no luck....

All of the testing I've done is with the RJ45/OBD connector hooked to the vehicle. Tried the raw AD counts, but still nothing. The #s 1 & 4 switch back and forth from 0 to 1 with nothing connected to them and #s 2 & 3 stay at 0 with the AA battery connected or not. I hate to say it, but I think the FlashScan is having another problem.

Don't feel too bad.... I smoked the 1 & 2 A/D inputs on my V2 trying to get them to calibrate......

Now I have to run around with (2) V2's when I tune.... (1) to flash and (1) to get wideband info for RTACS....

Chuck CoW
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by gotabav View Post
    Still no luck....

Please, send it back to Ira at Fish Tuning to be repaired.
    Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck CoW View Post
    Don't feel too bad.... I smoked the 1 & 2 A/D inputs on my V2 trying to get them to calibrate......

Now I have to run around with (2) V2's when I tune.... (1) to flash and (1) to get wideband info for RTACS....

Chuck CoW
    C'mon... haven't you got the digital/serial wide band interface hooked up yet?
    Paul

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast