Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: BB Logging beta update: May 12, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Hint: The channel count for each PID is shown in square brackets in the files
    That does make it easier/quicker... thanks Paul...

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck CoW View Post
    H
    Most stuff I tried works good....but, tried to flash an I6 Trailblazer and it would not flash.....

I switched to the old software and it worked fine.

Chuck CoW
    Do you mean you switched back to older firmware or older EFILive software?

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    That does make it easier/quicker... thanks Paul...
    It will be quicker and easier and automatic once I get the version 8 GUI front end written.
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Try reducing the number of PIDs so that the channel count adds up to 24 or less. I think KR (and probably other PIDs as well) are being dropped because they just don't fit in the 24 channels.

Hint: The channel count for each PID is shown in square brackets in the files in the \Program files\EFILive\V8\PID Descriptions folder.

Regards
    Paul
    I just had another look at the options.ini file and realized this is all my bad. I added the extra parameters for the alarm to activate if any KR is detected and forgot to put the comma in after KR. Once i put that in it all worked perfectly.

I haven't tried it in pass threw mode yet to see if i am getting the same problems as above but i will test it today.
    2016 RG Colorado 2.8TD

Lifetime Member

Edit the \Program Files\EFILiveV8\Config\Options.ini file and add/remove PIDs in the PSL_LBZ section.
    You can see which PIDs are supported for the LBZ's controller in the \Program Files\EFILiveV8\PID Descriptions\LMM_PIDs.txt file.
    The numbers in the square brackets [x] are the channel count for the PID. Make sure your total channel count for the PIDs you list in the [PSL_LBZ] section does not exceed 42 (although 28 or less will give you the fastest logging).

Hint: Read the \Program Files\EFILiveV8\PID Descriptions\Readme.txt file. It has a bit more info in it.

Regards
    Paul
    Thanks for the reply Paul, I looked into it a little today and MAIN1Q_M is the pid that is not supported this one is in the supported list of PIDS for the LMM. It's a important one for logging to. Also to add to the list some pids that are needed for logging six speed Ally's are no longer supported now and they used to be a while ago these are trans related pids only, is it possible to get a convertor applied percentage pid added also? In the tuning tool I found that there is no link from the scan tool in the fuel pressure tables.
    When logging GM.FLS it is in volts instead of milivolts like the fuel level sensor table F0101 the accuracy is not near close enough to recalibrate it this way 2.5V vs 2599mv the sensor is very touchy is there a way to change that anywhere? Sorry for the long list

Thanks
    Robert
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Lifetime Member

Uhh oh, hopefully my I6 TB flashes here in a few mins with the latest BBL fw. Otherwise Ill keep going back in fw's until it does...havent been able to test any fw with it yet so here goes nothing!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Hmm, Ive found it helps to read the instuctions. I now know why it looked like there were no changes in firmware... location has changed. User error.
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

Default LS1B clearing DTC's from V2

On LS1B, I had P0420...

From V2 I did Clear DTCs, V2 said "Error $0281"... but it did clear the DTC (V2 now shows there are none).

Also, see this: showthread.php?t=8052&highlight=%240281
    Last edited by joecar; May 15th, 2008 at 10:03 AM.

after this update my V2 is not detecting an OB2 module
    and so only external PIDs can be logged.
    i re installed an reformatted and re flashed firmware/bootblock and still no connection.
    IIRC this happened to me before and a reformat of the config files solved it,
    but this time i`m stuck.

Lifetime Member

Well BBL for the P10_A file works! Im stoked, first time I tried to use it I got a log file with no errors! Did have to delete a few PIDs from the options.ini file as they arent used in the P10, but success!

And I reflashed my 02 I6 with 0 problems so Chuck I dont know what year I6 you were flashing but 02-05s should be fine if my 02 works.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast