Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BB Logging beta update: May 12, 2008

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rcr1978 View Post
    How do you get rid of unsupported pids for BBL I have one for my LMM I don't recall what it is but if it is important I will get it here to post. It has had this same unsupported pid since the first release of BBL.
    Edit the \Program Files\EFILiveV8\Config\Options.ini file and add/remove PIDs in the PSL_LBZ section.
    You can see which PIDs are supported for the LBZ's controller in the \Program Files\EFILiveV8\PID Descriptions\LMM_PIDs.txt file.
    The numbers in the square brackets [x] are the channel count for the PID. Make sure your total channel count for the PIDs you list in the [PSL_LBZ] section does not exceed 42 (although 28 or less will give you the fastest logging).

Hint: Read the \Program Files\EFILiveV8\PID Descriptions\Readme.txt file. It has a bit more info in it.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    When I do retrieve Mode $06 or Mode $06 (all), V2 says "Mode $06 Data Not Retrieved".
    Mode $06 is not implemented for VPW vehicles yet. It only works on CAN controllers.
    The opposite is true of the Scan Tool software. VPW is mode $04 is implemented, CAN mode $06 is not.

Is Mode $06 only the failed monitors, and is Mode $06 (all) all the monitors...?

Mode $06 shows only failed test results.
    Mode $06 (All) shows all results, passed and failed.

When I save all diagnostics to file it doesn't save Mode $06 data (see attached).
    See above

The pids mentioned in my Options.ini seem to log correctly (attached also); the scantool says [Manual] even tho I logged LS1B_A.

The [Manual] designation is entered by the user in the Edit->Customer Details. When a log file is loaded into EFILive, EFILive looks for a matching customer file (based on VIN) and loads the various details about that vehicle.

When a log file is created in the PC scan tool, that customer info is saved into the log file automatically.

When a log file is created on FlashScan that information is not available and is not saved into the file. To save that info into your file, you would need to manually enter it using Edit->Log file info.

However, I guess the BBL firmware knows whether the user selected Auto or Manual and could at least populate the Auto/manual meta data in the log file. I will do that.

Regards
    Paul

Anyone else having problems connecting to VPW controllers in pass-through? I can't get EFILive Scan to connect to my ECM or TCM (LLY) for ANYTHING... It's set to Flashscan v2.5 USB, and will connect to my 6 speed Allison TCM. I've tried to get it to connect to my LLY ECM and TCM both on the bench and in the truck with the same results.

Also, whats up with the PIDS? The PIDs in the "PID Descriptions" folder don't match the validated PIDs from EFILive Scan. For Example, according to Scan, the 6 speed's TSTATE03 is PEMA, TCCRSW, KDWNACT, CRZON, CLBRSW2, & ACCLUT. According to the txt file in "PID Descriptions", TSTATE03 is SHSOLE, SHSOLD, SHSOLC, TFPSWR, TFPSWE, TFPSWD & TFPSWC. Which is right? I don't think any of the TSTATE PIDs match between the two...

Also..... When there's a GMLAN controller (6 speed TCM) and a VPW Controller (LLY ECM) present, the V2 won't connect to either of them in BBL mode (Press F2 and nothing happens), but will connect to the TCM in pass through.
    Last edited by Cougar281; May 13th, 2008 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar281 View Post
    Anyone else having problems connecting to VPW controllers in pass-through? I can't get EFILive Scan to connect to my ECM or TCM (LLY) for ANYTHING... It's set to Flashscan v2.5 USB, and will connect to my 6 speed Allison TCM. I've tried to get it to connect to my LLY ECM and TCM both on the bench and in the truck with the same results.
    I will set up that combination here and try and figure out what is going wrong...

Also, whats up with the PIDS? The PIDs in the "PID Descriptions" folder don't match the validated PIDs from EFILive Scan. For Example, according to Scan, the 6 speed's TSTATE03 is PEMA, TCCRSW, KDWNACT, CRZON, CLBRSW2, & ACCLUT. According to the txt file in "PID Descriptions", TSTATE03 is SHSOLE, SHSOLD, SHSOLC, TFPSWR, TFPSWE, TFPSWD & TFPSWC. Which is right? I don't think any of the TSTATE PIDs match between the two...
    Many PIDs got renamed when BBL was implemented. Partly because more PIDs were added and partly because the old PID names were too long to fit on FlashScan's screen. You can see a list of new and old names in sae_generic.txt. When you load a BBL fiule (that contains the new PID names) into the V7 scan tool software, the PID names are automatically converted back to the old names.

It is confusing for now, but in the new V8 software the new PID names will be used exclusively.

Here's the mapping for the TSTATE PIDs:
    Code:
    BBL Name       V7 Scan Name
    --------       --------
    TSTATE33       TSTATE02
    TSTATE34       TSTATE03
    TSTATE35       TSTATE04
    TSTATE36       TSTATE05
    TSTATE37       TSTATE06
    TSTATE39       TSTATE07
    TSTATE40       TSTATE08
    TSTATE41       TSTATE09
    TSTATE42       TSTATE10
    TSTATE45       TSTATE12
    TSTATE03       TSTATE13
    TSTATE04       TSTATE14
    TSTATE05       TSTATE15
    TSTATE06       TSTATE16
    TSTATE07       TSTATE17
    TSTATE16       TSTATE18
    Also..... When there's a GMLAN controller (6 speed TCM) and a VPW Controller (LLY ECM) present, the V2 won't connect to either of them in BBL mode (Press F2 and nothing happens), but will connect to the TCM in pass through.
    See my first comment.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Many PIDs got renamed when BBL was implemented. Partly because more PIDs were added and partly because the old PID names were too long to fit on FlashScan's screen. You can see a list of new and old names in sae_generic.txt. When you load a BBL fiule (that contains the new PID names) into the V7 scan tool software, the PID names are automatically converted back to the old names.

It is confusing for now, but in the new V8 software the new PID names will be used exclusively.

Here's the mapping for the TSTATE PIDs:
    Code:
    BBL Name       V7 Scan Name
    --------       --------
    TSTATE33       TSTATE02
    TSTATE34       TSTATE03
    TSTATE35       TSTATE04
    TSTATE36       TSTATE05
    TSTATE37       TSTATE06
    TSTATE39       TSTATE07
    TSTATE40       TSTATE08
    TSTATE41       TSTATE09
    TSTATE42       TSTATE10
    TSTATE45       TSTATE12
    TSTATE03       TSTATE13
    TSTATE04       TSTATE14
    TSTATE05       TSTATE15
    TSTATE06       TSTATE16
    TSTATE07       TSTATE17
    TSTATE16       TSTATE18
    Regards
    Paul

Ahhh... Makes sense.

Let me know if you want me to try anything in particular.

Dave

As per discussed with my pass thru logging problems Paul. Do you have any idea what is causing the problem.

cheers

Joel

Default Updated To Bbl....

Hey Paul.... As per your request, I updated to the latest BBL software WITHOUT the current firmware.....Mine is kinda old.

TRIED THE SPEEDO CALCULATOR on an 04 SSR with 4.10's and all the problems we discussed with traction control and stuff ARE GONE!

SSR runs GREAT and sent it home tonight.

Most stuff I tried works good....but, tried to flash an I6 Trailblazer and it would not flash.....

I switched to the old software and it worked fine.

Chuck CoW
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

I am having a similar issue with pass through mode I can not get it to connect (LS1B_M) with the scan tool. It will connect with the tune tool. Any suggestions?

Thankx
    Nick M.

The pass through logging problem affects all VPW based comms.

In the last update, FlashScan's internal VPW message filter was reduced from allowing ALL possible scan tool addresses to just 1.
    The Scan Tool software uses two different scan tool addresses. One of them is being filtered out by FlashScan so the scan tool software never got the replies.

I'll add the second address back in to the filter. Sorry - my mistake.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by SV8346 View Post
    ok not sure what the go is here but this is the problem i have just found. In my options.ini file i am logging KR under the LS1. On the V2 it displays KR and registers if there is any knock but if i record the data onto the sd card then view the log on the laptop it says the KR is not selected in the PID selection and hasn't logged it.
    Try reducing the number of PIDs so that the channel count adds up to 24 or less. I think KR (and probably other PIDs as well) are being dropped because they just don't fit in the 24 channels.

Hint: The channel count for each PID is shown in square brackets in the files in the \Program files\EFILive\V8\PID Descriptions folder.

Regards
    Paul

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast