Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 02 OS into a 01 ECM

Default 02 OS into a 01 ECM

I loaded a 02 OS that I modified and it seems to have loaded, but it was really fast with the reflash! It took less than a minute to load up? Is this the way the 02OS's load or is there something wrong and I should go back to 01OS? I know it takes longer just to load a calibration on my truck with the 01 OS than it does to do a entire reflash with the 02 OS. Please help ease my unsure mind or get the right thing done so I have a faster truck.

Thanks,
    Tony
    Mine2001 GMC 2500HD EC/LB, D/A. 4in MBRP exhaust, AFE Stage II w/Amsoil Ea air filter, ISSPRO boost/Pyro guages, PPE Boost Valve, EFI Live V2, Maximum OD Stage 2 Trans, Amsoil throughout, AirDog150, modded intake horn.

540HP/1056TQ
    Dyno'd Danville Performance
    April 5th 2011

Hers: 2006 GMC Envoy XL Denali, Flowmaster 40 with a bullet style resonator in the back, EFI Live with the help of JoeCar and other great members here.

I figured it out, wasnt loading the flash what so ever. Now I got it up after forcing it to load the ECM three times.

Tony
    Mine2001 GMC 2500HD EC/LB, D/A. 4in MBRP exhaust, AFE Stage II w/Amsoil Ea air filter, ISSPRO boost/Pyro guages, PPE Boost Valve, EFI Live V2, Maximum OD Stage 2 Trans, Amsoil throughout, AirDog150, modded intake horn.

540HP/1056TQ
    April 5th 2011

Hers: 2006 GMC Envoy XL Denali, Flowmaster 40 with a bullet style resonator in the back, EFI Live with the help of JoeCar and other great members here.

ECM will not accept 02 OS reflash, only takes recals of the 01 OS. Is my ECM locked?

Tony

540HP/1056TQ
    April 5th 2011

So I had to uninstall my EFI Live and reinstall it to get it to work, but in the process it will not uninstall the V7.5! And I can not repair or modify it so it will work. This is beginning to make me wonder if EFI Live was the right way to go! I hope you guys can help me out and fast, I have programmed several vehicles, and if this is not right soon, I will have to find something better!

Dont get me wrong, I like my EFI Live, but it is giving me more fits than I can take. I run several small businesses and this was looking to be another one that would play into the mix, but I dont have time or patients for software that is substandard! I need this fixed and quickly please.

Tony

540HP/1056TQ
    April 5th 2011

Quote Originally Posted by horsehaulin View Post
    I have programmed several vehicles, and if this is not right soon, I will have to find something better!

but I dont have time or patients for software that is substandard! I need this fixed and quickly please.

Tony
    Of course none of this is user error right Tony? it's always the 'substandard' software that oddly seems to work fine for everyone else when programming a 2001 ECM, let's pop the insults to the side and try to get your task done.

Any full reflash should take 2 - 3 mins regardless of the year model. I'm sorry I never saw this thread weeks ago because there was no need to uninstall the software to get what you wanted done.

Can you confirm that when you tried programming the 2002 OS in that the Full Flash warning etc came up? It sounds like if the ECM was only accepting a calibration reflash from the 2001 file that you were trying to do a calibration only reflash of the 2002 program in to the 2001 ECM?

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

OK, insults aside, which none were thrown out.

I have been trying for several weeks to flash a 02 OS into my 01 ECM which everyone has told me makes the tuning process easier for the 01's. I have had no success, but I found that I am faulting a P1093 and that code can only be turned off in the 02 OS. Now nothing has been changed on the EFI Live except my tunes, I have been working on other cars and trucks with little problems. But I have had bad ones with my truck and ugly ones today.

I now can not get 7.5 out of my laptop so I can re install it for some reason! I am about to pull out my hair, I will admit some of this may be my fault, but I have been fighting this for several weeks and I am tired of not winning. I am still trying to do what I can on my end, but I am out of answers and need your help.

I checked a few threads relating to a similar problem and the answer they had for this was deleting the EXE. for both scan and tune, I did not know how to do this and still dont so I uninstalled both 7.4 and 7.5. 7.4 installed properly, but 7.5 is giving me fits. Going to try one or two more times then I am going to hit the hay so I can have a fresh mind about it in the morning.

Tony

PS if this is my doing I am going to kick myself!

540HP/1056TQ
    April 5th 2011

Things are finally looking up! Got it to uninstall the 7.5 after five hours. Now I am reinstalling the 7.5 and hoping it works. Guess I need a little more patients, thats what happens when I work like I do and have four lil ones at home.

Sorry Ross for the attitude, but after five hours of fooling with this and it not working I got very upset and felt like I bought the wrong thing. Now that it is working and I see you are up just as late as I am, I know I bought the best on the market. Thanks for your help!

Tony

Again, sorry, let sleepiness and temper get the best of me.

540HP/1056TQ
    April 5th 2011

Finally got it working after I busted my brains lastnight and went to bed thinking. Woke with a fresh mind and got to working on it and everything is now good to go. Thanks for the help.

Tony

540HP/1056TQ
    April 5th 2011

HH, what'd you have to do to get it going...?

Had to manually delete EFI Live, then unistall it, and reinstall it. Took me almost five hours last night, and thirty minutes today, but now seems to be working properly. I cant wait until I have my older Toshiba laptop with XP on it back from the repair shop! Maybe this thing wont happen with XP.

Tony

540HP/1056TQ
    April 5th 2011

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast