Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 02 OS into a 01 ECM

Glad to see you here Tinman22, hope both of us can get our issues worked out.

Tony
    Mine2001 GMC 2500HD EC/LB, D/A. 4in MBRP exhaust, AFE Stage II w/Amsoil Ea air filter, ISSPRO boost/Pyro guages, PPE Boost Valve, EFI Live V2, Maximum OD Stage 2 Trans, Amsoil throughout, AirDog150, modded intake horn.

540HP/1056TQ
    Dyno'd Danville Performance
    April 5th 2011

Hers: 2006 GMC Envoy XL Denali, Flowmaster 40 with a bullet style resonator in the back, EFI Live with the help of JoeCar and other great members here.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

V2.04.72 is the final firmware version in the V2.04 firmware level. If you are still using V2.04.xx you should be using V2.04.72. However, I don't think that will solve the re-flashing problem you are seeing.

I highly recommend upgrading to the new V7.5.4 and new FlashScan firmware as soon as the next "fully installable" beta version is released. I believe that will fix the reflash issues you are seeing.

I expect that to be by the end of this week - providing nothing serious goes wrong with testing during the week.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

then I look forward to the weeks end. so I should not upgrade my laptop ( V7.5.3 build 36)
    with the may 19th beta release (V7.5.4 build56) and wait till your next public release?

It would be a waste of time upgrading to V7.5.3 then to V7.5.4.
    V7.5.4 has everything that V7.5.3 has and then lots more.

Regards
    Paul

I think we have a miscomunication. I have 7.5.3 build 36 on the lap top already. should I do the may 19th update which would give me 7.5.4 and the firmware update? or should I wait till the end of the week to see if you get the full release out?

Waiting would save an extra download and perhaps some headaches while making sure you copied all the right files for the current (non auto install) version of V7.5.4.

The next V7.5.4 update will be a 100% automated install.

Regards
    Paul

Then I am am going to wait until the end of the week and hope this fixes my problem, if not I have a backup laptop with XP on it that I might just desginate as my EFI Live only laptop! Gives me a reason to buy a few things.

Tony
    Mine2001 GMC 2500HD EC/LB, D/A. 4in MBRP exhaust, AFE Stage II w/Amsoil Ea air filter, ISSPRO boost/Pyro guages, PPE Boost Valve, EFI Live V2, Maximum OD Stage 2 Trans, Amsoil throughout, AirDog150, modded intake horn.

540HP/1056TQ
    Dyno'd Danville Performance
    April 5th 2011

Hers: 2006 GMC Envoy XL Denali, Flowmaster 40 with a bullet style resonator in the back, EFI Live with the help of JoeCar and other great members here.

Quote Originally Posted by tinman22 View Post
    ok. I have had a similar problem trying to reflash the OS in an lb7 truck. my problem is it wont give me the option to do a full reflash.only the read and flash calibration tabs are colored. the OS tab is grayed out.
    I currently have V7.53 build 36 on my laptop computer. I just downloaded the may 19th update to my desktop and noticed a new firmware update for the 7.5.3 names FSprog_V2_4_72.ffw. if I install this update to my laptop should I update the firmware to Version 72? and I assume this will keep working with the 7.5 software untill I update the firmware?
    I'm sure you figured this one out by now, but I had a similar problem recently. Until I realized that my V2 needed to be plugged into my laptop BEFORE I opened the tune tool software. If you don't do it in that order, the full flash option will not show up.

I'm sure you guys have things working now but I will still add to this. I see you are using Vista. On Vista you need to close the Tune tool and then right click and select run as administrator to be able to do a full flash. you don't need to do this for cal only just a full flash.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123