Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: wrong firmware and boot block

Man, am I glad I found this post. I did the exact same thing as t_dubble. I thought that I had bricked my FlashScan.

Is is safe to say that we will no longer be using the program EFILive_Firmware.exe (Update FlashScan V2 Firmware)?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WyoSS View Post
    Man, am I glad I found this post. I did the exact same thing as t_dubble. I thought that I had bricked my FlashScan.

Is is safe to say that we will no longer be using the program EFILive_Firmware.exe (Update FlashScan V2 Firmware)?
    Correct, all firmware updating is done with EFILive_Explorer once you have upgraded to boot block V2.05.xx or later.

That is, until EFILive V8 is released and then firmware updating will be automatically handled by the EFILive software.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Default ruh roh!

updated firmware to _72 and tried loading new bootblock _08 but control panel doesn't recognize flashscan at all. tried going back and loading firmware _15 but can't. what next?

oh ok I can do bootblock through Flashscan, I was trying to do it through explorer. we'll see how this works

ok so I thought once the orange led's were flashing alternately the bootblock upgrade was finished? i unplugged flashscan from computer and plugged it back in and it's still in dead poll (led's still flashing alternately)? whats the deal?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juddski88 View Post
    ok so I thought once the orange led's were flashing alternately the bootblock upgrade was finished? i unplugged flashscan from computer and plugged it back in and it's still in dead poll (led's still flashing alternately)? whats the deal?
    Please carefully read the Readme.rtf file that is installed as part of the V8.1 installation. After installing V8.1.1, you can find it here: \Program Files\EFILive\V8.1\Documentation\Readme.rtf

It explains what you need to do once you have done the boot block upgrade (to V2.05.08) from FlashScan's menu.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

ok so now flashscan is stuck on splash screen unless i put it in Dead Poll, explorer says it's loaded with Bootblock V2.05.08 but its not letting me load in new firmware now. HAPI and Explorer keep saying Flashscan is not connected.

ok, I was able to get explorer and HAPI to recognize flashscan in dead poll mode and got a firmware version2.05.17 (506) into it. it rebooted finally and gave me "update license" finally. what firmware should i set it at really....72 or .17(620)?

i figured it out...firmware2.05.17(612) is in new download....i need to get more sleep!

issue...the file you attached is a efw file i need a ffw file

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast