Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When is an E40 not an E40????

Default When is an E40 not an E40????

Hi,
    I have a bunch of E40s kicking around. Can I take one from an 05 (24X wheel) and have the dealer full flash for an 06(58X wheel)?
    I'm in need of finding a starting point for my "mismatch" of parts.
    Please bear with me...I'm not too friggin' intelligent.

Thanks, John

Ttt

Geez that's a nice reply.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

TTT simply means "To The Top", which causes the thread to sit at the top of the list of posts. It was just Joe's way of bringing attention to your post. And it worked, I saw it because it was at the top of the list.

I don't know the answer to you question but I've asked Ross (aka GMPX) to take a look.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

John, I don't think the E40 was ever used on a 24x application, even in 05.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Ok,
    Like texting sort of, all new to me.
    Please bear with me. I am quite persistant and need to get to the bottom of my problem. I have installed an LH6 in a vehicle that the hood would not clear so replaced the intake, Throttle body and APP sensor (pedal) from an 06 GTO LS2 (all new). The E40 fron the LH6 will start and idle but no throttle. Obviously the resistance measurments are 2600 ohms different from the truck APP. If I install the truck APP sensor(pedal) the throttle works fine. I really want to use the GTO APP pedal in this vehicle. So I have bought 2 more licenses and deleted the VATS in TWO GTO E40s. One is from an auto and 1 from a stick. Please keep in mind that I have set G1204:NO, G1206:NO, G1210:TYPE 3. Also applied the VATS patch with a full flash but left the GTO OS intact. Yet the vehicle will not crank with either of these GTO ECMs.
    Please keep in mind that all of the sensors on the engine with the exception of DOD are the same; I feel this thing should crank and run but I keep getting a code for P1629 anti-theft.
    Because EFIlive does not recommend a full flash I have purchased a Re-flash harness and my local Chev dealer can reflash these 2 E40 ECMs but I'm just not sure of my next step. I did manage to talk to John at Speartech (truly a patient man) and he did mention that some of the ECMs in the DOD Impalas are not E40s but look just like them.

Thanks for any insight....REALLY, John

ps. my next call should be to Ann Landers! or maybe Dr. Phil

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX

Cheers,
    Ross
    I think the 06 TB SS uses a 24x reluctor, and I know it uses the E40. What about the 5.3L LH6 out of the GMT360s (aka TrailBlazer/Envoy), pretty dang sure they use the E40 for 05-06.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX

Cheers,
    Ross
    Yes, on the 2006 trailblazer SS it does.. Mine has the E40 w/24 tooth reluctor wheel.

Does that mean there's a parameter for 24/58 reluctor selection...?

I wonder if the other PCM's/OS's would have that...?

^^ I just looked, didnt see it anywhere..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast