Thread: Nitrous COS for 2006 E40?

Default Nitrous COS for 2006 E40?

Hey guys,

Hoping to find out if there is a nitrous COS available for an '06 GTO. I searched quite a bit this morning with no real resolution.

If someone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

-Kenny

Lifetime Member

i dont think there is one...
    01 Z06, 4L60E CONVERSION, L92/L76 TOP END, 72# LS3 INJECTORS (THANKS FIC), DRY NITROUS, COS5

Sorry Kenny, there is no NOS custom OS for the E40.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Any chance of one in the near future?

What are people with nitrous on these doing now?

Bummer...Kenny

If your main concern is to retard the timing when the N2O is used you can do it like this. In table B5107, take the two top rows and enter in how much timing retard you want. Then install a 5-pin relay into the IAT sensor wiring with a calibrated resistor. A 20,000 ohm resistor works good. Have the relay actuated when the N20 is armed and you will get the retard without costing you timing when off the gas. If you need help with a schematic, let me know.
    Al
    "Trash that carb and get Injected!"

By all means Al. Please.

You should have my email from the Vortec PCM swap spreadsheets you sent me. If not let me know and I will PM it to you.

Thanks much,
    -Kenny

Quote Originally Posted by KAZ MotorSports View Post
    Any chance of one in the near future?
    You are the first person to ask from memory, so given the amount of R&D to add such features, probably pretty low.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChipsByAl View Post
    If your main concern is to retard the timing when the N2O is used you can do it like this. In table B5107, take the two top rows and enter in how much timing retard you want. Then install a 5-pin relay into the IAT sensor wiring with a calibrated resistor. A 20,000 ohm resistor works good. Have the relay actuated when the N20 is armed and you will get the retard without costing you timing when off the gas. If you need help with a schematic, let me know.
    Al
    Yep, this is how 06 TB SS guys run N20, basically force the ECM to think IATs are very low and then enter what retard you want to commanded. Works for them all the time, should work here too.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    You are the first person to ask from memory, so given the amount of R&D to add such features, probably pretty low.

Cheers,
    Ross

I understand Ross and no worries. Sounds like what Al has in mind for me will work well.

This is a detailed description of how to retard your timing with the IAT sensor method.
    First cut the brown or tan IAT sensor signal wire. Splice in the normally closed contacts of the relay to allow the IAT sensor wiring to remain intact. Add a calibrated resistor (ie. 22k or 47k ohms) to the switched side of the relay and the IAT ground lead. Connect the coil sides of the relay to the N20 enable circuit.
    When the N20 is armed, the relay will engage and the PCM will see the desired IAT temperature. The correct table needs to be modified to allow this setup to be effective. For example on the 2006 GTO E40 use table {B5107}. Using the scan tool at an elevated idle, observe the actual timing while arming and disarming the system to verify its operation.

Note: If or when the vehicle actually experiences this commanded air temperature or below, the timing would be adjusted accordingly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	N20a.jpg 
Views:	361 
Size:	215.8 KB 
ID:	3359  
    "Trash that carb and get Injected!"