Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: PLX install completed in preparation for Flashscan!

Andrew,

The PLX or any WBO2 operates completely independent from any engine control electronics. Unless you are placing the WBO2 sensor in the bung normally intended for the factory NBO2 and using the emulated NBO2 output from the WBO2 controller as my drawing depicted; the only connection to the vehicle's electronics is via a cigarette lighter socket or the like for 12 Volt DC power. It's just like any other 12 V accessory that you might run off your vehicle electrical system like a CD Changer or something similar.

I initially had two extra bungs welded into my exhaust system (a left and a right) and took the bung plugs in along with some anti-seize compound to put on the threads. The guy who welded them in did an excellent welding job but he wouldn't let me stay there in the shop claiming insurance restrictions (which is probably true). Anyway, I asked him to apply the anti-seize liberally and he said to keep mine because he had some there in the shop and off I went into the customer waiting room. Afterwards, he told me that he just put the plugs in snug, but not tight. Well, the next day I crawled under my truck and tried to remove first one, then the other plug to no avail. They were stuck solid with no evidence of anti-seize. I went back to the shop and told them of my dilemma. Several of the muffler technicians tried to get them loose, heating them with a torch and cursing madly. Then they said that they were just stuck for good and welded in another bung on the left side and put my WBO2 sensor in. This time, I brushed on the anti-seize. Sorry for the rant, but I'm still upset and this was three months ago.

Anyway, by watching the outputs from the two NBO2 sensors and the injector duty cycles, etc, everything is balanced and I'm really not concerned about monitoring the left versus the right.

All my best,

Steve

PS
    One other thing. I was really tempted to buy the M-250 and I'm so glad that I didn't. It turns out that I watch the M-300 a lot, traffic permitting because I'm keenly aware of the fact that I'm trying to tune the beast to it's optimum.

Andrew,
    Steve is right and the PLX 300 is not much more. Not sure how you can order from Auk but:
    https://www.forced-air.com/index.php...ail&product=64

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

LM-2 EFILIve package with TAQ -sLM2 V-2 serial cable> Package deals

Thank you both for your replies.

I was kind of getting myself confused by reading through some of these long threads. There seemed to be some discussion about the WB replacing the NB also.

It is only after my first post that I thought "wait a minute, why do I need to worry about this?".

I was planning to hide the controller for the PLX out of sight (glove box), but I know what you mean, $30 is nothing.

Now I just need to convince the wife, my car has cost me some decent coin the last couple of months (damn just being out of warranty).

Thanks again everyone.

"Now I just need to convince the wife, my car has cost me some decent coin the last couple of months (damn just being out of warranty).

Thanks again everyone"

You are on your own there!

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

LM-2 EFILIve package with TAQ -sLM2 V-2 serial cable> Package deals

Damn, I was hoping that you could talk to her for me :wink:

Anyway, I made a good case and my PLX is on its way. Can’t wait to get down to doing some “serious” tuning.

512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345