Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PLX install completed in preparation for Flashscan!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Melton
    Steve,
    Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it.
    I am looking to tune with FlashScan and the WB. I have quite a few mods and will contunue with them so want to be able to tune DIY. I do not need cockpit guage unless it is almost free, as in PLX 300. Will use laptop.
    In that we are running closed loop most of the time my goal is to run normally with the shared wideband sensor feeding the PCM for closed loop and then having the ability to plug in for datalogging thru FlashScan. Like Allcammedup above but w/o second sensor installed.

I have saved your drawing and think I understand it. Where is the NB02 output coming from? The block in the lower right is part of the Zeitronics or PLX supplied gear? I have heard that this output does not satisfy the PCM for CL operation?
    Bruce,
    The unidentified block in the lower right of the diagram is the Wide Band Oxygen Sensor Cort roller (just assume that it's generic but I had the PLX-250/300 in mind when I drew it). The connections for the system are:
    1. 12 Volt DC Power
    2. WBO2 Sensor Output (installed in a pre-cat bung).
    3. 0-5 Volt DC Analog Output to the logging device (FlashScan)
    4. Narrow Band DC Output (emulator of your normal NBO2 Sensor). This output is designed to work just like the NBO2 Sensor and your PCM won't know the difference. Note: A 20 Ohm resistor of some type is needed to emulate/simulate/replace the heater circuit in the NBO2 sensor so that the PCM doesn't flag the absence of a good NBO2 heater as a problem or diagnostic trouble code (DTC). Now, you could deactivate the DTC in one of the Engine Diagnostic tables in the Tune Software of EFILive V7. However, this drawing that I made follows the intent of the PLX folks.

PS >see your big Airstream and know they are relatively light but how light?
    Thanks,
    Bruce
    My Airstream is a 1991 50th Anniversary Model that I have owned for the last two years. It's aerodynamic and maybe relatively light in weight. However, the empty weight on the trailer is approximately 8,600 pounds. Add that to an empty weight (full fuel) on my 3/4 ton 4X4 Yukon XL of 6,900 pounds and you have a formidable amount of mass to move around. The amazing thing is, the LQ4 6.0 L does a good job of it all. I want to optimize the torque in the 2,500 to 4,500 range with a custom cam and then in a couple of years I plan to bore it .030" to 4.030" and put a 4.00" crank in it for a total of 408 CID. I can get lots of HP out of this engine now, but torque is king with my vehicle and its intended use.

Steve

Guess I will try it and see what happens. I assume the Bosch is heated, if so, can the car's NB02 heater leads be used to power the Bosch WB sensor thus eliminating the resistor or NB hook up?
    Thanks again,
    Bruce

Lifetime Member

Bruce I would skip the Zeitronix and find soemthing that has a linear output.

PLX, DynoJect, FJO, LM1 are the ones that come to mind

Guess I will try it and see what happens. I assume the Bosch is heated, if so, can the car's NB02 heater leads be used to power the Bosch WB sensor thus eliminating the resistor or NB hook up?
    Thanks again,
    Bruce
    Dirk,
    My assumption was that Zeitronics has a comparable simulated NB output. If they do not then PLX it is! Makes the decision easy.

http://www.zeitronix.com/Products/zt2/zt2.htm

Bruce

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

LM-2 EFILIve package with TAQ -sLM2 V-2 serial cable> Package deals

I have heard on one of the LS1 boards (I forget which) that the NBO2 emulation doesn't work particularly well with LS1, due to some kind of bias or offset in the grounds. Nonetheless, I would LOVE to see a Plain Jane, dual channel WBO2 controller with NB02 simm, 0-5V output, no logging, no display. I have to believe there could be a considerable economy packaging both channels in one box, since packaging and other non PCB related costs frequently dominate the production cost of modern electronics. Doubling the chipcount shouldn't double the price.
    World's First Twin Screw Pontiac GTO
    2004 GTO. Blown H/C 408, stage 3 keyboard, billet tires
    2017 Chevy SS with dead hooker is spacious trunk
    2014 Chevy Cruze. MPG queen with my balls in spacious glove compartment.

www.aussiemotive.com

Thanks again,
    Bruce
    Dirk,
    My assumption was that Zeitronics has a comparable simulated NB output. If they do not then PLX it is! Makes the decision easy.

Bruce

Hey guys - one other thing to keep in mind is that Flashscan should work fine with any WB that can supply the proper voltages to the adapter and you should be able to log the data if you know the formula used to decode the voltage reading. Flashscan is already pre-configured for the PLX, so it'll work fine out of the box.
    Whitney Roberts

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistermike
    I have heard on one of the LS1 boards (I forget which) that the NBO2 emulation doesn't work particularly well with LS1, due to some kind of bias or offset in the grounds. Nonetheless, I would LOVE to see a Plain Jane, dual channel WBO2 controller with NB02 simm, 0-5V output, no logging, no display. I have to believe there could be a considerable economy packaging both channels in one box, since packaging and other non PCB related costs frequently dominate the production cost of modern electronics. Doubling the chipcount shouldn't double the price.

FJO offeres a Dual WB setup www.fjoracing.com

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by AllCammedUp
    Thanks again,
    Bruce
    Dirk,

Bruce

Hey guys - one other thing to keep in mind is that Flashscan should work fine with any WB that can supply the proper voltages to the adapter and you should be able to log the data if you know the formula used to decode the voltage reading. Flashscan is already pre-configured for the PLX, so it'll work fine out of the box.

There is a thread on the other site with people who are having problems/inconsistencies with the formulas provided by Zeitronix. Their tech support cant even get it right with their own product. Black02SS can chime in with a little more information. I KNOW he want to burn his POS Zeitronix WB.

I have the new FJO system that has both linear(0-5,0-1,5-0,1-0) and non linear outputs and it works flawlessly only drawback to that system is it uses the NTK L1H1 and its 169 to replace. The other WB manufacters use teh Bosch LSU4

Remember EFILive can have calculated PID's, Blacky has already helped out somebody who's WBO2 was not supported in another product.

Many GM PCM's have a 'floating' ground as such on the O2 inputs.
    I must confess, I've never fed the simulated signal into the PCM, but I did log it using an A/D input and comparing it to the real sensor and it was very good.

Cheers,
    Ross

Another WBo2 option....

Tech Edge WB02 Lambda Meters
    http://wbo2.com/

Source for Bosch LSU4 sensor VW part number 021-906-262-B $38.29
    https://www.1stvwparts.com/partscat.html

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast