Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BB Logging beta update: May 19, 2008

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

You can raise the 50,000 frame limit in the Properties window on the Logging tab page.
    I'll change the auto re-plot to be x1000 (the same as the frame limit in the Logging tab page). i.e. that will turn the 30,000 limit into 30,000,000.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    Hi Guys,

I've performed 2 logs today that are over 50,000 frames long. Both load in ScanTool after fixing the PIDs and both are truncated at 50,000 frames. The scroll bar allows you to scroll past the end of the data in ScanTool, but the lines just stop at the 50,000 frame mark. The Metadata indicates that there are a lot more than 50,000 frames....

FRAMECOUNT=00092371
    FRAMECOUNT=00057076

I've attached a screen shot to show the screen.

By the way, is there any chance we can get the "Auto Replot" limit raised? It seems to have an internal limit of 30,000.

Simon.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Excellent! Sorry I missed that.

I take it that the reason was to prevent overly long "re-plot" times for large logs. In this case, it would be good to have a process where the re-plot is done in the background for the data outside the current window. Then as you scroll across, the additional data is plotted "on the fly".

I'll settle for a detailed explanation on the "dynamic fueling" options though....

Simon.

Excellent! Sorry I missed that.

I take it that the reason was to prevent overly long "re-plot" times for large logs. In this case, it would be good to have a process where the re-plot is done in the background for the data outside the current window. Then as you scroll across, the additional data is plotted "on the fly".

I'll settle for a detailed explanation on the "dynamic fueling" options though....

Simon.
    Given the speed of today's PCs the replot times should only be a second or two at most for 100,000 frames. Unfortunately when the scan tool software was designed one of the goals was to keep the logged data on disk at all times - not in memory. That is what slows it down and why the auto-replot option (kludge) was added.

Version 8 has all new strip charts (with data purely in memory) and I have benchmarked them plotting 50,000 frames in less than a second on a 1.8GHz Pentium. So it should not be be an issue in version 8.

Can't help on the dynamic fueling right now :(

Regards
    Paul

Version 8 is sounding great.....

Version 8 is sounding great.....
    Unfortunately, sounding great and actually delivering it are two very different things :( But we'll get there as soon as we can.
    Regards
    Paul

Hi fellas, I still can't get pass-through to work..With BBL all the dma pids are recording and displaying in the scan tool but They are not showing up on the PC when I upload them. The coil temp and inlet valve temp have GM in front of them instead of E38(unsure where to change this). They show up with red crosses in the log. The rest of the dma pids do not show up at all. Only time the BBL has not worked for me.

Cheers

Joel

Default Serial WB pass through for AutoVE etc?

All hooked up and displaying on V2 for serial WB (LM-1) and External pids found in 7.5 but invalid and not supported when trying to pass through to 7.5 build 56?

Are there canned instructions for the BBL and pass through?
    Last edited by Bruce Melton; May 22nd, 2008 at 10:08 AM.

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

LM-2 EFILIve package with TAQ -sLM2 V-2 serial cable> Package deals

I will be working on the pass through problem today and over the weekend if necessary.
    Regards
    Paul

Sure works swell at the V2 level, now if we can just stuff it up the wire to the MAPS/dash!

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

LM-2 EFILIve package with TAQ -sLM2 V-2 serial cable> Package deals

Quote Originally Posted by hymey View Post
    Hi fellas, I still can't get pass-through to work..With BBL all the dma pids are recording and displaying in the scan tool but They are not showing up on the PC when I upload them. The coil temp and inlet valve temp have GM in front of them instead of E38(unsure where to change this). They show up with red crosses in the log. The rest of the dma pids do not show up at all. Only time the BBL has not worked for me.

Cheers

Joel
    Joel, I mentioned this a couple of posts back and I think you may be confusing the issue a little bit. I don't think the Pass-through issue and the DMA PID issue are related.

The BBL issue where DMA PID's don't display is just that the Meta-Data in the log file is using the wrong PID names. You can get a copy of HEXEdit which is a free download to alter the log files and make the DMA PID's work again. After installing HEXEdit, open a log file and scroll down a little to find the meta-data. In the right hand side of the HEXEdit page, it will look like this... ( surplus removed data shown as | )

Code:
    [FILE],2..VERSIO
    N=7.1..DECSEP=..
    .[VEHICLE],2..VI
    N=6G1ZK54H26LXXX
    XXX..OS=12607218
    ..[PID],23..SAE.
    ECT=0..SAE.IAT=1
    ..GM.INVLVTMP_M=
    2..SAE.MAP=4..GM
    .APCYL_M=5..SAE.
    RPM=7..SAE.SPARK
    ADV=9..GM.ETCTP=
    10..SAE.VSS=12..
    GM.KR=13..GM.OCT
    SCL_M=14..GM.AFR
    ATIO_M=16..EXT.W
    O2ST1=18..EXT.WO
    |
    |
    |
    TE=2454610..STAR
    TTIME=18436..[En
    d_Of_Meta_Data],
    Find the PIDs that don't show up and note the "GM" prefix, highlighted in BLUE above. HEXEdit will be in "Over Write" mode by default, so press the <Insert> button on the keyboard to enter "Insert" mode ( check the bottom right hand corner of the screen ). Place the cursor just in front of the "GM" by clicking with the mouse, then press <DEL> twice to remove the "GM". Then type in "E38" to insert the "E38" prefix. Do this for each PID that is named incorrectly in the log file. When done, it should look like this...

Code:
    [FILE],2..VERSIO
    N=7.1..DECSEP=..
    .[VEHICLE],2..VI
    N=6G1ZK54H26LXXX
    XXX..OS=12607218
    ..[PID],23..SAE.
    ECT=0..SAE.IAT=1
    ..E38.INVLVTMP_M
    =2..SAE.MAP=4..E
    38.APCYL_M=5..SA
    E.RPM=7..SAE.SPA
    RKADV=9..GM.ETCT
    P=10..SAE.VSS=12
    ..GM.KR=13..E38.
    OCTSCL_M=14..E38
    .AFRATIO_M=16..E
    XT.WO2ST1=18..EX
    |
    |
    |
    .[End_Of_Meta_Da
    ta],
    Click <file>-<save as> and choose a new file name so you don't overwrite the original ( just in case something went wrong... ). Opening the file in ScanTool should now display the DMA PIDs correctly.

I'm not sure about the pass-through issue, I haven't tried it. I'll give it a go later and see if I can log in pass-through.

Simon.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast