Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why can't I log spark knock on 05 E40 VETTES????

Default Why can't I log spark knock on 05 E40 VETTES????

Why can't I log spark knock on 05 E40 VETTES????

Hey Guys..... I'm having a problem.... When using o/s #12613186 which is found in some 05 E40 vettes, I can not log Knock Retard. It just dosen't work and usually fills the screen with stupid numbers that are like in the teens and twenties.....

I've been having this problem for over a year now......

No matter what pids I select or what I chose to use as KR data, NOTHING WORKS....

The only solution I have found is to use o/s #02598983. All I do is change the o/s and it works perfectly just like all other ls1/ls2 pids normally do even using the exact same pid and map sets.

While this gets me by, it has caused me some problems and I'd just prefer to be able to log KR no matter what o/s I use......

Is anyone else having the same problem?????

Chuck CoW
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

Chuck, I pm'd Tech Support to see if they're aware of this.

Can you please log all the KR PID's that show valid and send us the log file. GM.KNKRET is the one that should be valid on the E40

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Chuck,

Didn't we go through this same issue a few months ago??

Howard

www.redline-motorsports.net

1-954-703-5560

2006 ZO6 895/866 with APS TT
    2010 SSRS Camaro HTR-900TT (798/801)
    2011 HTR-850R Camaro
    2012 ZL1 Auto (10.33@135 MPH) Video Here!

Default Yes, EXACTLY!

Quote Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports View Post
    Chuck,

Didn't we go through this same issue a few months ago??

Howard
    Yes EXACTLY the same problem....

For every car since then, I've had to upgrade to the (er- downgrade) to the earlier o/s......

Then it works like a charm....but, id like to be able to use the newer one....

Chuck

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,

Chuck, The 05's Have some H/Balancer issues that can cause noise. Personally I think it could be the crank. but only that OS picks this up. Check the balancer and let me know. I have a friend and this was his problem. New Balancer no problem. Hope this helped.
    98 tigershark
    98 tigershark
    L92/427 w/L76 CC'ed heads n upgraded springs
    4.100 stroke, 4.068 bore w/ 11:1 comp
    Cam, 591 int, 613exhst, 232-246dur@.050, 115*
    LG headers, High flow cats,
    RPM level 5 trans, RPM 3.42 gears, 2800 rpm trq convrt. .
    Special Thanx to Joe and Bruce!

Default Wtf????

Quote Originally Posted by 98 tigershark View Post
    Chuck, The 05's Have some H/Balancer issues that can cause noise. Personally I think it could be the crank. but only that OS picks this up. Check the balancer and let me know. I have a friend and this was his problem. New Balancer no problem. Hope this helped.
    98 tigershark
    WTF???? REALLY? I have found that EVERY time I use the NEWER os it happens and when I go backwards to the old one....it dosen't.....

One could be more sensitive I guess.....But I'm not thinking that EVERY 05 (many) that I've done with the 1 os have loose ballancers....

I'll check.

Chuck CoW

Default knock retard on some 05 vettes and some 06 cars

Yes there were and are Balancer issues that affected knock on some 05 and 06 Vettes and cars. I was at the dealer and they had a black 05 vette that had the same problem and they replaced the balancer, My wifes car an 06 Monte Carlo SS also has the same exact issue and they are replacing the balancer next week because of weird spark knock. The customer service rep said that they are not seeing this as much lately. I find almost always it more likely that there are more parts that are problems than EFILive.
    By the way I got my vette dialed in and at the drags on friday it ran an 10.61 @127mph and a 0-60' in 1.57 sec. It was only my third run and now I cant race any more and I am proudly banned, as it was to fast for Portland int raceway. Now it needs alot of expensive safety items, ie rollbar , fire system, ect..
    Everytime I thought EFILive might have been wrong I was wrong. It was either the work or more often a bad part. On my vette GM used a different knock sensor half way through the year but the part numbers are the same. I think I jinxed my wifes car by mentioning this. I really like the guys at EFILive as they are very helpful and qualified but sometimes it is a part that has no dtc.
    98 tigershark.
    98 tigershark
    L92/427 w/L76 CC'ed heads n upgraded springs
    4.100 stroke, 4.068 bore w/ 11:1 comp
    Cam, 591 int, 613exhst, 232-246dur@.050, 115*
    LG headers, High flow cats,
    RPM level 5 trans, RPM 3.42 gears, 2800 rpm trq convrt. .
    Special Thanx to Joe and Bruce!

Default not what I meant......

Quote Originally Posted by 98 tigershark View Post
    Yes there were and are Balancer issues that affected knock on some 05 and 06 Vettes and cars. I was at the dealer and they had a black 05 vette that had the same problem and they replaced the balancer, My wifes car an 06 Monte Carlo SS also has the same exact issue and they are replacing the balancer next week because of weird spark knock. The customer service rep said that they are not seeing this as much lately. I find almost always it more likely that there are more parts that are problems than EFILive.
    By the way I got my vette dialed in and at the drags on friday it ran an 10.61 @127mph and a 0-60' in 1.57 sec. It was only my third run and now I cant race any more and I am proudly banned, as it was to fast for Portland int raceway. Now it needs alot of expensive safety items, ie rollbar , fire system, ect..
    Everytime I thought EFILive might have been wrong I was wrong. It was either the work or more often a bad part. On my vette GM used a different knock sensor half way through the year but the part numbers are the same. I think I jinxed my wifes car by mentioning this. I really like the guys at EFILive as they are very helpful and qualified but sometimes it is a part that has no dtc.
    98 tigershark.
    No, I wasn't talking about not seeing knock or anything.....EFI LIVE can not log knock retard with 1 of the 2 2005 C6 corvette os's....It just reads garbage and I can't tune with it.....

Chuck CoW

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck CoW View Post
    No, I wasn't talking about not seeing knock or anything.....EFI LIVE can not log knock retard with 1 of the 2 2005 C6 corvette os's....It just reads garbage and I can't tune with it.....

Chuck CoW
    Log the "garbage" and send the log to Ross (GMPX) , he will fix it for you.
    Dave.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast