Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: EFILive 7.3 pre-release software is now available

Quote Originally Posted by mistermike
    Quote Originally Posted by GMPX
    ... I had no idea you were 'mistermike' until Paul told me...
    Uh Oh. Now you KNOW I'm hoplessly insane! Whatever you do, don't ever go to www.ls1gto.com or your worst suspicions will be confirmed. Oh, what the hell
    Linky1
    Linky2

Actually, today I'm going to full flash yesterday's v3 O/S in dead poll, and apply the "starter" cal to that so I'm fully up to date. I'll see how the baro and 2 bar PID behaves and whether I can get a CKP relearn to "stick." I broke the "tittie" off my 2 bar sensor and the PC7 should be cured by now. :oops:
    You guys have to click the links. :lol: That is some of the funniest things I have ever seen.

He he he he he he he he he...
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    That's Very Good.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterSS
    One cannot change the units to Imperial in the EFILive custom parameters section.

Metric is just so wrong on so many levels even though *they* would like you to believe otherwise.
    I think that only A0012 and A0013 are incorrectly fixed at Kmh, they will be fixed.
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by mistermike
    ROTFLMAO - Hands down the best psycic horsepower i've ever seen!

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    Not all PCM's idle DMA PIDs have been configured yet. Some PCMs may still show them as unsupported.
    Ross is working on adding in the rest of the PIDs over the next few days. So if your PCM shows some or all idle PIDs as unsupported just wait for the next update for them to be available.

Regards
    Paul

Paul,

Will these PIDs be supported in the 98 PCMs?

Thanks

John

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jnorris
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    Not all PCM's idle DMA PIDs have been configured yet. Some PCMs may still show them as unsupported.
    Ross is working on adding in the rest of the PIDs over the next few days. So if your PCM shows some or all idle PIDs as unsupported just wait for the next update for them to be available.

Regards
    Paul

Paul,

Thanks

John
    That's up to Ross (GMPX), I heard him muttering something about the 98 idle PIDs a few days ago. However, I am not sure that they even exist in the 98 PCM.

Paul

One cannot change the units to Imperial in the EFILive custom parameters section.

Metric is just so wrong on so many levels even though *they* would like you to believe otherwise.
    Rick, I love the new website...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti_Metric_Movement

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by jnorris
    Paul,

Thanks

John
    Yes, I will do as many as I can, even between a 99 and a 01 O.S they changed things in the idle routines a fair amount, lets hope that 1998 was not another strange one.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX

Rick, I love the new website...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti_Metric_Movement

Cheers,
    Ross
    Here's where metric went wrong - everything should have been left in the base units. This whole "let's name things after guys like Newton and Pascal" is wrong, wrong, wrong.

To make metric right, "Newton" (and the rest) need to trashed and the units left in the kg*m*s^-2, etc.

If metric were truly "correct" it would be consistent and universally understood anywhere. Imagine trying to explain to an alien race what a Newton, Pascal, Watt, etc. or even time in seconds were all about. "You see, there was this dude, and an apple fell on his head...."

Metric isn't the be-all end-all of unit systems; it is the rest of the world's way to piss off Americans. :P

The units of pressure I actually prefer in kPa. But kph? What the heck is that? kangaroos per hill? NEVER! It's all about miles per hour.

BTW, our math system is broken as well. How come every number works until you take the square root of -1? Hmm? Exactly, it is messed up!

Somebody will invent a better way someday....and don't give me this i crap and say it isn't broken.
    2009 Z06 LS7 / 2008 Sierra Denali AWD L92 6L80E
    Flashing control modules since 2001. 8-)
    Who needs a MAP sensor on a supercharged LS6 anyway.

...to explain to an alien race...
    Rick, you're supposed to shoot aliens because their intent is to anhilate us earthlings
    (references: ID4, WotW, and alot of other sci fi's; also Twilight Zone "To Serve Man"...),
    so I won't be explaining metricfication to them....

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast