Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tuning w/RTACS

Lifetime Member

Default Tuning w/RTACS

First, I do not have a book, didn't know one existed until I saw a post on this site. Where can I get the book or is there a download?
    I'm interested in using the RTACS. Probably don't need a book if you guys can pitch in a few anwers.

Apparently "cal_link.txt" is a source definition file when using RTACS. While my scanner and tuning tools were active, I saw a blue line in the table where active, so I'm guessing I'm almost there.

[LS1] Example:
    ;Main VE Table
    B0101.ROW=SAE.RPM
    B0101.COL=SAE.MAP
    B0101.RRR=CALC.BEN1,CALC.BEN2,CALC.BEN_AUT1,...

Its easy to see where the .ROW/.COL come from, but what does .RRR stand
    for? RoadRunner Resulting Value??? I guessing I can create my own RRR adjustment factor by writing CALC PIDS.

Also, do the commas mean, use the first available parameter?
    CALC.BEN1,CALC.BEN2,CALC.BEN_AUT1,

I've seen dx() and lookup() posted. What else is available? Could someone post if they have time? What is the syntax?

Regarding below graphic:
    I'm guessing I can manually adjust #1 by entering data. What is 2???????????

How do I activate RTACS? It always says inactive and there is never data in 1 or 2 though I noted data shows up in ROW/COL edit boxes.
    07 Silverado DMax Classic
    02 Z06 LS3 416, 805rwhp, TFS245, Wiseco, Callies Crank/Rods, Iskendarian Lifters, Crower Rockers, FAST102/90, ATI Damper, 1-7/8 Kook's LT, QkTime Shield,Tolle-Fab 8pt
    Old Engine: 1/4mile = 9.6/146 New Engine:?

EFI Live Tune/Scan v7.5.27, EFI Live Scan and Tune v8.2.23, build 276, BootBlock 2.07.06, FirmWare 2.07.52, 512K RoadRunner (12.14.R), Innovate Serial LC2x2

COS5/12212156 For 2002 Z06 Manual Vette

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick View Post
    I'm using the same units in both scanner and tuning tool.
    02 Z06 LS3 416, 805rwhp, TFS245, Wiseco, Callies Crank/Rods, Iskendarian Lifters, Crower Rockers, FAST102/90, ATI Damper, 1-7/8 Kook's LT, QkTime Shield,Tolle-Fab 8pt

EFI Live Tune/Scan v7.5.27, EFI Live Scan and Tune v8.2.23, build 276, BootBlock 2.07.06, FirmWare 2.07.52, 512K RoadRunner (12.14.R), Innovate Serial LC2x2

are you recording?
    did you hit the emulate button?
    did you select the fine/coarse adjust button?
    all three of these must be done to start RTACS after you are connected to the RR.
    have you not connected before or,
    is this just a certain table you are adjusting that is not linked?
    what table are you trying to update?
    Last edited by mr.prick; May 25th, 2008 at 08:57 AM.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick View Post
    are you recording?
    did you hit the emulate button?
    did you select the fine/coarse adjust button?
    all three of these must be done to start RTACS after you are connected to the RR.
    have you not connected before or,
    is this just a certain table you are adjusting that is not linked?
    what table are you trying to update?
    BBL and Pass Thru are working. Accuracy is set to 1% and I have not changed it. I DO NOT want it updating the RR right now, only the opened tune file.

Am I wrong or does:
    Non_Emulate Mode - > Write to currently opened tune file only.
    Emulate Mode-> Writes Only to Tune File AND RR.

No, I have not connected before. I've only had the RR in about 2 weeks or less. Also, I did turn on the red emulate button and nothing happened.

What are fields 1 and 2 for??????????????????????? Do you know where I can find the functions, such as dx(), lookup() and the syntax for using them?

I'll go out and play with it again. The #*$*#**#$% USB cable is so short it barely reached my laptop.

Also, was playing w/VE table for practice only, therefore MAP/RPM were selected.

Again, RRR is for????????????????

Thanks for help so far....

Lifetime Member

BTW, what I plan to do is generate calc pids using the O2 sensors to adjust the PE vs RPM to my needs. I used to do this by datalogging live, stop then change and test. Seems RR would be a possibly automated method to do this. Second, I want to create another pid based on independent var KR to help me get the max spark for my low and high octane tables at part and wot.

as far as KR you can just have the RR subtract it as you go,
    you might want to set the update frequency high as to
    not take out too much at once.

like i said, to update you must be connected,
    recording, emulation on, fine/coarse selected
    and i suggest a WBO2, if you don`t have one.
    you won`t need to make a calc pid if you use a popular brand as
    everything is all set up for must brands.
    hope this helps
    Last edited by mr.prick; May 25th, 2008 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TFZ_Z06 View Post
    BBL and Pass Thru are working. Accuracy is set to 1% and I have not changed it. I DO NOT want it updating the RR right now, only the opened tune file.

Am I wrong or does:
    Non_Emulate Mode - > Write to currently opened tune file only.
    Emulate Mode-> Writes Only to Tune File AND RR.
    The RR has two modes of operation:
    1. Emulation mode: Update Roadrunner PCM as changes are made in real-time. The button indicated by (1) toggles it into [Emulation] mode. When this mode is active, [Emulation] is displayed next to the RR firmware version number and the words -Realtime- are displayed on both sides of the word 'RoadRunner'. This is what the RR control panel looks like when in emulation mode:

2. Flash mode:
    Execute PCM from Flash memory. When the [Flash] mode button is toggled, the RoadRunner goes into [Flash] mode. The word [Flash] appears next to the RoadRunner firmware version and all this text turns red. In this mode, the PCM operates from the embedded flash exactly as though it were a 'standard' PCM. You can read the flash or reprogram the flash using your standard EFILive FlashScan tools.

No, I have not connected before. I've only had the RR in about 2 weeks or less. Also, I did turn on the red emulate button and nothing happened.
    For [Emulation] mode to work, you must 'connect'. Nothing will happen when your in emulation mode except that the RR control panel will display as shown above. At this point, if you make a change to a table the RR will execute the change in realtime.

What are fields 1 and 2 for???????????????????????
    (1) is the feedback PID calculated value and (2) is the feedback PID used for the RTACS process. (2) is defined in the cal_link.txt file, see below for more information.

The PID/Table relationship is defined in the cal_link.txt file located: C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Configuration
    An example of a RoadRunner linked PID to {B0101} is:
    Code:
    ;Main VE Table
    B0101.ROW=SAE.RPM
    B0101.COL=SAE.MAP
     B0101.RRR=CALC.BEN1,CALC.BEN2,CALC.BEN_AUT1,CALC.BEN_AUT2,CALC.BEN_FJO1,CALC.BEN_FJO2,CALC.BEN_LC11,CALC.BENLC12,CALC.BEN_LM11,CALC.BEN_LM12,CALC.BEN_PLX1,CALC.BEN_PLX2,CALC.BEN_TE1,CALC.BEN_TE2,CALC.BEN_WBC1,CALC.BEN_WBC2
    [{Reference_Number}.RRR= xxxx.xxxx] is the list of feedback PIDS that link to this table.

For RTACS to activate, you must meet the following conditions:
    1. RoadRunner PCM must be connected to the tune tool software.
    2. The real time update tool bar button must be selected.
    3. The scan tool software must be logging data.

Then you must select either the RTACS fine or course adjustment buttons on the tool bar. In the image, (1) is the fine adjustment, (2) is the course adjustment, and (3) is the cell edit mask feature.
    (From page 89 of the EFILive v7.5 tune manual)

You can adjust the step size of the fine and course adjustments in the Tune tool properties. From the tool bar - Edit >> Properties >> RoadRunner:

The 'Update Frequency' parameter in the above image controls the number of cell hits required for RTACS to consider a cell 'valid' for modification.

Do you know where I can find the functions, such as dx(), lookup() and the syntax for using them?
    Parameter Identifier (PID) information starts on page 89 of the EFILive Scan manual. Functions available are specifically on pages 93-94.

I'll go out and play with it again. The #*$*#**#$% USB cable is so short it barely reached my laptop.
    Use a USB extension cable or purchase the Bluetooth option.

Again, RRR is for????????????????
    Thanks for help so far....
    I don't know what 'RRR' means. Probably just a specific variable for RoadRunner operations.

Did you configure EFILive according to the RoadRunner quickstart guide?
    Last edited by 405HP_Z06; May 26th, 2008 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Error, clarifiation
    Aaron
    '03 Z06 Corvette - The normal stuff...
    EFI-101, EFI Advanced, EFILive-101
    EFI University Evangelist

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by 405HP_Z06 View Post

Did you configure EFILive according to the RoadRunner quickstart guide?
    Yes. The car runs fine w/RR and I even tested the EMU mode by changing the spark table the night I put it in. I noticed a change in power, then read the RR flash when I got home also indicating my changes.

I just went out and tried to use it again:

1. The row/col data will not update in RTACS unless its in RECORD mode on scanner, that is the red scanner button.

2. RTACS still = Inactive. I need more explanation regarding what causes a change to be made to the file or RR flash. I'm guessing I need to program in a response for whatever RRR is. I assumme this is a return multiplier value for RR's update. If true, I need to see what is avail in terms of functions ( ie, dx, ix, whatever else add, substract,...)

If I want to build a calc pid, how do I access the table data for example in spark? Instead of using SAE.SPARKADV, I would prefer pull the exact spark
    value in the table and subtract 1 degree.

Thanks.

Yes. The car runs fine w/RR and I even tested the EMU mode by changing the spark table the night I put it in. I noticed a change in power, then read the RR flash when I got home also indicating my changes.

I just went out and tried to use it again:

1. The row/col data will not update in RTACS unless its in RECORD mode on scanner, that is the red scanner button.
    Yes, sir. According to the manual the scan tool must be recording.

2. RTACS still = Inactive. I need more explanation regarding what causes a change to be made to the file or RR flash. I'm guessing I need to program in a response for whatever RRR is. I assumme this is a return multiplier value for RR's update. If true, I need to see what is avail in terms of functions ( ie, dx, ix, whatever else add, substract,...)
    What wideband are you using? What PID is displayed in 'Box 2' above?

If I want to build a calc pid, how do I access the table data for example in spark? Instead of using SAE.SPARKADV, I would prefer pull the exact spark
    value in the table and subtract 1 degree.

Thanks.
    Looking at the available functions, the only one I can see that would work is the lookup() function. However, I don't know how to use this function with a 3D table like the spark table.
    Aaron
    '03 Z06 Corvette - The normal stuff...
    EFI-101, EFI Advanced, EFILive-101
    EFI University Evangelist

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast