Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speedo fix ATTN: Blacky

All I want, is to have my speedo closer than 13 MPH. Is it really that hard of a thing to program? There are what I would consider "junk" tuners out there, that can change MPH parameters....why is it such a big deal for Efi?????

Speedo update...anyone???????/

Another month....another bump

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Right now I am out of ideas for any additional changes to the speedo settings for Duramax trucks. I do not understand why you cannot change your speedo settings using the existing parameters that are available.

Unfortunately, GM have used many different speedo calibration schemes and there is no easy way to tell which scheme is use din which vehicle. It may be a setting you need to change in the ECM, maybe in the TCM.

Ignore the speed calculator, it may not work in your application. Try methodically changing one parameter at a time and noting any difference. Then, when you find a paramater that causes an affect on your speedo setting, you need to figure out which way to adjust it and by how much to acheive your desired reuslt. A few small trial and error steps should be enough to know which way to adjust it.

Other than that I don't have any other answers right now. If we uncover any more information about how the speedo works then we implement it in the speedo calculator.

Also, make sure you are using the latest version V7.5.5. And after installing V7.5.5 perform the "Check for updates" option to bring the installed software up to date.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Thanks Paul....I guess there is just something weird about these Kodiak and Topkicks.

I have tried using smaller adjustments...including different wheel sizes instead of 22.5 as a multiplier. Using different gear ratios makes no difference either. About the only thing I have not tried, is messing with the TCM.

I guess I can pull out the cluster and just repaint the correct numbers on it. LOL

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

There's every chance that changing the speed in the TCM will help.
    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12