Thread: Vats Ign Cycles

Default Vats Ign Cycles

I have tried to use the vats ignition cycles and I get this message

COULD NOT SET IGNITION CYCLES>
    MOST CONTROLLERS WILL ONLY ALLOW
    IGNITON CYCLES TO BE CHANGED IF NOT ALREADY ZERO.

I would have thought all programs would have a default setting of zero???? any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Yortt

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

VAT ignition cycles is usually only non-zero while the vehicle is in production at the factory. That allows various operations to be performed on the ECM without the technicians having to be concerned about security issues. The VAT counter should be set to zero by the time the vehicle leaves the factory. If (for some unknown reason) the vehicle leaves the factory with the VAT counter left at non-zero, it counts down to zero at each ignition cycle. That means within a short amount of time the vehicle will return to full secure mode. Once the VAT counter has reached zero it cannot be increased above zero again.

It is most useful when a new PCM is installed in a vehicle and that ECM might have a VAT counter value of 200 or more. Instead of cycling the ignition 200 times you can just set it to zero using that option in EFILive.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    VAT ignition cycles is usually only non-zero while the vehicle is in production at the factory. That allows various operations to be performed on the ECM without the technicians having to be concerned about security issues. The VAT counter should be set to zero by the time the vehicle leaves the factory. If (for some unknown reason) the vehicle leaves the factory with the VAT counter left at non-zero, it counts down to zero at each ignition cycle. That means within a short amount of time the vehicle will return to full secure mode. Once the VAT counter has reached zero it cannot be increased above zero again.

It is most useful when a new PCM is installed in a vehicle and that ECM might have a VAT counter value of 200 or more. Instead of cycling the ignition 200 times you can just set it to zero using that option in EFILive.

Regards
    Paul
    Paul
    Thanks for the reply, I am however confused as a post by Delco whos explanation on what he is doing is some what different IE.

http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/showthre...ht=Vats&page=2 post 25
    "No it will start and run instantly if setup properly , it wont lock onto the final secuiry code for x amount of key on , if the PCM was setup for only 1 key on and that was done on the bench then it will not link to your car.

We normally set our mailorder tunes to link on the 5 key on , up to that point it will start and run but the antitheft is not active. So in effect you could put the PCm inot 5 different cars and each would run but by the 5th car or key on it would stay locked to that car."

Can I do this??????

Thanks
    Yortt

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

When you full flash an LS1 controller you get an option to set the ignition counter to a value other than 0.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Thanks for the prompt response, I done some work on the bench yesterday and I tried a full relash and still did not work, obviously I did something wrong I wll try again.

Regards
    Yortt