Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems with AEM Uego serial logging....

Lifetime Member

Default Problems with AEM Uego serial logging....

I just got my V2 up and going, I am currently on the April 26th update for BBlogging. When I connect my cable to the wideband the second LED from the left lights up, it does not blink, just stays lit.... I choose the AEM Uego from the edit menu, then I select the 99+ LS1 PIDs, then I choose display Wideband and I get error 3072.... Any ideas... Both Com settings are set to Wide 02....

Lifetime Member

I am up to the latest release now, both boot block and firmware and the updated Config files. I am not getting the error 3072, not it just says controler not found, but the led is lit... Any help would be appreciated, I know I am a little late getting on the BB Logging...

how does the WBO2 connect to your V2?
    is it a direct plug in or are you using a null modem?
    a regular gender bender does not work.

Lifetime Member

Well I read the AEM documentation and it said to connect the serial output wire to pin #2 and ground to pin #5... That is want I did, I wish it had a pre-made end like the Innovative products...
    Last edited by BlackGMC; June 4th, 2008 at 09:25 AM.

Lifetime Member

Here is the documentation from AEM

http://www.aempower.com/images/products/10-4101.pdf

Lifetime Member

Any ideas?

Lifetime Member

I have not tried logging with my AEM UEGO yet. I was waiting for the next software which can display the raw data.

I should be able to give you a wiring schematic of what I come up with if needed. Hopefully this weekend if I get my motorcycle back together in a reasonable time.

Have you tried hooking the AEM up to the PC using hyperterminal?

Prick, it comes with bare wires, no connector, so as long as TX on the AEM is connected to RX on whatever is reading, it should be OK.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by nevinsb View Post
    I have not tried logging with my AEM UEGO yet. I was waiting for the next software which can display the raw data.

I should be able to give you a wiring schematic of what I come up with if needed. Hopefully this weekend if I get my motorcycle back together in a reasonable time.

Have you tried hooking the AEM up to the PC using hyperterminal?

Prick, it comes with bare wires, no connector, so as long as TX on the AEM is connected to RX on whatever is reading, it should be OK.
    Unfortunately I can't hook it up to my laptop, cause it does not have a serial connector on my laptop, only USB, also I am running vista so no hyperterminal... I have found plenty of diagrams and examples on the AEM forum on how to wire it up, so that is not a problem. Honestly I think it is the software...

I need to add a correction to the first and second post... If the serial wire is connected to pin #3 then the second LED from the left lights up, if the pins are connected correctly (#2 and #5) then the LED turns off.
    Last edited by BlackGMC; June 4th, 2008 at 01:11 PM.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

The next update is due for release this week. It has the capability of logging the raw serial data to a trace file. Once you have the new firmware in FlashScan, hook up the AEM and allow FlashScan to read the data for about 5 seconds, then save a trace file using menu: F2 Scan Tool -> F3 Scan Options -> F1 Save Trace file. Then use EFILive_Explorer to copy the trace file to your PC and then send it to me at paul@efilive.com

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    The next update is due for release this week. It has the capability of logging the raw serial data to a trace file. Once you have the new firmware in FlashScan, hook up the AEM and allow FlashScan to read the data for about 5 seconds, then save a trace file using menu: F2 Scan Tool -> F3 Scan Options -> F1 Save Trace file. Then use EFILive_Explorer to copy the trace file to your PC and then send it to me at paul@efilive.com

Regards
    Paul
    Cool, I will get you the trace file, thanks for the support!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast