Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ETC Pedal Response

Lifetime Member

Did you copy the Primary table to the Alternate table before you adjusted the 3%? I noticed on mine the alternate table was much lower than the Primary. The Alternate is the table that is running when you have traction control off or are running in Comp mode. It seems to me that this is when you want all of your throttle response. It is also weird to me that the table isn't just one to one. So the percent of throttle is the actual percent the throttle opens. I only get this because from 93% or so the table goes 100 so at that point the table values become real values.
    02 Z06, 573/530rw N/A 416, 10.21@136.12.

Quote Originally Posted by PRAY View Post
    Did you copy the Primary table to the Alternate table before you adjusted the 3%? I noticed on mine the alternate table was much lower than the Primary. The Alternate is the table that is running when you have traction control off or are running in Comp mode. It seems to me that this is when you want all of your throttle response. It is also weird to me that the table isn't just one to one. So the percent of throttle is the actual percent the throttle opens. I only get this because from 93% or so the table goes 100 so at that point the table values become real values.
    I did not copy the alternate table to the primary before I adjusted. I think it may provide even better response than I have now. My alternate table is used when I am in tow/haul mode. It appears to be more linear than the primary. I was leary about changing the table too much as it could cause the PCM to go into limp mode and I have a daily driver. I may try it some time when I can take the chance.

2005 Sierra 6.0 L
    AEM Brute Force CAI
    Bassani Mid Length Headers
    Dual 3 in. Flowmasters to custom 4 in. tailpipe
    80mm BBK Throttle Body
    Harland Sharp 1.8:1 Rockers

Lifetime Member

My alternate is for competitive and TC off and it was lower than the primary so I originally added 3% and copied and pasted. But I was reading what Redline said about just going from 100 to 0 and smoothing. I did that but the numbers were a little higher than the percent. So I started subtracting 1% at a time untill the numbers almost matched perfectly. I put the tune in the car and warmed it up with no issues. Let me just say the throttle response is nasty. Just touch the gas and it is instant revs. It feels just like a cable car if not faster. Now I just need to drive it and see if I get any codes. If this holds it is going to be a whole new car. I will let you know. This car is my DD also so I know how nerve racking it is to make adjustments that could possibly hurt you.

My alternate is for competitive and TC off and it was lower than the primary so I originally added 3% and copied and pasted. But I was reading what Redline said about just going from 100 to 0 and smoothing. I did that but the numbers were a little higher than the percent. So I started subtracting 1% at a time untill the numbers almost matched perfectly. I put the tune in the car and warmed it up with no issues. Let me just say the throttle response is nasty. Just touch the gas and it is instant revs. It feels just like a cable car if not faster. Now I just need to drive it and see if I get any codes. If this holds it is going to be a whole new car. I will let you know. This car is my DD also so I know how nerve racking it is to make adjustments that could possibly hurt you.
    Just make sure that you do NOT change the first and last column of the table. Any blending only happens between the 0 and 100. Too much blending will drive you nuts as its too sensitive. This is exactly why this table was designed to dampen the direct pedal feel. Its all personal preference. 3% is not enough. If you look at the table in the 3D format, it should look like a ski slope that is getting more 45 degree looking. The upper and lower ends are not as adjusted as the middle of the slope.

Don't hit anybody when you leave a red light!

Howard

www.redline-motorsports.net

1-954-703-5560

2006 ZO6 895/866 with APS TT
    2010 SSRS Camaro HTR-900TT (798/801)
    2011 HTR-850R Camaro
    2012 ZL1 Auto (10.33@135 MPH) Video Here!

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports View Post
    Just make sure that you do NOT change the first and last column of the table. Any blending only happens between the 0 and 100. Too much blending will drive you nuts as its too sensitive. This is exactly why this table was designed to dampen the direct pedal feel. Its all personal preference. 3% is not enough. If you look at the table in the 3D format, it should look like a ski slope that is getting more 45 degree looking. The upper and lower ends are not as adjusted as the middle of the slope.

Don't hit anybody when you leave a red light!

Howard
    I now call this part of my tune "Violence" because the car is nasty violent with the table scaled to match the actual percent. I offered it to three of my cutomers today and they all wanted it, now they all have big fat grinns from ear to ear. Plus I picked up about 20rwhp/tq for each of them with a tune on the dyno. I wish I would have played with/known about this two years ago. I would have been alot happier with the car alot sooner. You do have to let traffic get out in front of you before you go but I love it. Now lets just keep this between us so no one else around here starts doing it.

Brett

I now call this part of my tune "Violence" because the car is nasty violent with the table scaled to match the actual percent. I offered it to three of my cutomers today and they all wanted it, now they all have big fat grinns from ear to ear. Plus I picked up about 20rwhp/tq for each of them with a tune on the dyno. I wish I would have played with/known about this two years ago. I would have been alot happier with the car alot sooner. You do have to let traffic get out in front of you before you go but I love it. Now lets just keep this between us so no one else around here starts doing it.

Brett
    You are aware that you are posting in a public forum that can be read anywhere on the planet.....................this means everyone will know.

Howard

www.redline-motorsports.net

1-954-703-5560

2006 ZO6 895/866 with APS TT
    2010 SSRS Camaro HTR-900TT (798/801)
    2011 HTR-850R Camaro
    2012 ZL1 Auto (10.33@135 MPH) Video Here!

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports View Post
    You are aware that you are posting in a public forum that can be read anywhere on the planet.....................this means everyone will know.

Howard
    Oh no, what have I done . I would never make a good spy. I honestly can't believe no one modifies this table. It is like having a whole new car. No pavement can stand up to quarter throttle now. Buwahahaha

i did this as pray said....matched %APP to %TP....too violent....and when actualality TP was higher than APP in my log...so i backed it off some and turned my key forward and connected, turned to the data page and tried to get APPvsTP close anywhere above idle % of throttle opening....when i matched APP to TP I looked like a jackass taking away from a light

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtomac View Post
    i did this as pray said....matched %APP to %TP....too violent....and when actualality TP was higher than APP in my log...so i backed it off some and turned my key forward and connected, turned to the data page and tried to get APPvsTP close anywhere above idle % of throttle opening....when i matched APP to TP I looked like a jackass taking away from a light
    I told you it was my Violence tune. It just takes a minute getting used too. Throttle response is not for the faint of heart for sure. You will get used to it if you stay with it.

yea...but like i said when i matched them...TP was higher than APP....I think i like the idea of APP=TP....more of a happy medium and if i go half pedal...i get half throttle
    hows your car brett?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast