Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ETC Pedal Response

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtomac View Post
    yea...but like i said when i matched them...TP was higher than APP....I think i like the idea of APP=TP....more of a happy medium and if i go half pedal...i get half throttle
    hows your car brett?
    Let me know what you come up with numbers wise when you get APP=TP. I will plug that in and see how the car reacts.

The ticking ended up being an exhaust leak. The stupid EGR extension on the header cracked about 50% around. I took it to get welded today but they can't do it on the car. So I have to take that PITA header off the driver side. I am releived it is some thing simple. I had all these horrible senarios running in my head last night.
    02 Z06, 573/530rw N/A 416, 10.21@136.12.

I'll let you know what i come up with....Im going to Tennessee tomorrow with the car then heading to MI with my dad for a week to do some deer hunting....so give me a week....like i said though I didnt have to have the car on...just connect to the car...monitor and flip to the data tab and watch the values as you press the go pedal....also I logged this and put both APP and TP in the same chart to watch how closely the lines followed eachother

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by PRAY View Post
    My alternate is for competitive and TC off and it was lower than the primary so I originally added 3% and copied and pasted. But I was reading what Redline said about just going from 100 to 0 and smoothing. I did that but the numbers were a little higher than the percent. So I started subtracting 1% at a time untill the numbers almost matched perfectly. I put the tune in the car and warmed it up with no issues. Let me just say the throttle response is nasty. Just touch the gas and it is instant revs. It feels just like a cable car if not faster. Now I just need to drive it and see if I get any codes. If this holds it is going to be a whole new car. I will let you know. This car is my DD also so I know how nerve racking it is to make adjustments that could possibly hurt you.
    All you have to do is ... select the whole table and linear fill... I always hated this about the ETC tuning....
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    All you have to do is ... select the whole table and linear fill... I always hated this about the ETC tuning....
    Have you done this with success and no problems? Any comments on how it makes the car feel? Im very curious

Lifetime Member

Well.. there are no ill effects... just the car is undriveable... I mean.. totally awful to launch at normal speeds... I was just saying, that... if that was what you wanted...well.... There you go...
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

Haha ok..Then what would you suggest for modifying this table? Have anything that seems to give good results?

I want to try this on my vette also.

did you guys add 3% in the first box at 0 or did ya start at the .01 and work your way to 100%

Is there anything else that needs adjusting prior to adjusting these tables. I had a 2012 Silverado with a 6.2 in that had a real lazy throttle and blending the tables as Howard said instantly put it into limp mode. All that it would take was a 2.5% increase and it was still lazy. Thoughts?

Lifetime Member

2012 was Gen IV, I've never had access to the throttle tables in EFILive with the GenIV stuff. You know something I don't?
    1998 GMC Sierra K1500 5.7/4L80E, longtubes, 411 w/COS 5, marine cam/intake, Whipple. 91 octane at 6000'.
    1997 GMC Sierra K3500 7.4/4L80E, 411 w/COS 3, Whipple, small cam.
    2004 Corvette Z06 with longtubes.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast