Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AutoCal Beta

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dfe1 View Post
    Don't have one of those either. I remember seeing a settings file, but I can't find it any more. Maybe when the bit bucket overflowed, I lost it.
    FlashScan will create/save the Settings.dat file in the [Config] file system when you make any changes to the settings from FlashScan's menu.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

I deposited a FlashScan-generated settings.dat file in AutoCal and that half-assed solved the problem. AutoCal now reflects what's in that file, but still doesn't retain changes made through the push buttons.

The following may be the result of driving on the wrong side of the road for so long, but with some functions, it appears that the "Next" button moves things in the "Previous" direction and vice versa. File number for an example. If the current file number is 0, I'd expect the next number to be 1, not 65535. Similarly, with Lo Power, I'd expect the "Next" after disabled to be 1, not 720. This may just be a Northern Hemisphere thing, but I thought it was worth mentioning.
    DigitalEFI- EFILive US Distributor
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

I deposited a FlashScan-generated settings.dat file in AutoCal and that half-assed solved the problem. AutoCal now reflects what's in that file, but still doesn't retain changes made through the push buttons.
    Correct, the routine that saves the changes is (accidentally) being bypassed. So it will never save any changes until the firmware is updated.

The following may be the result of driving on the wrong side of the road for so long, but with some functions, it appears that the "Next" button moves things in the "Previous" direction and vice versa. File number for an example. If the current file number is 0, I'd expect the next number to be 1, not 65535. Similarly, with Lo Power, I'd expect the "Next" after disabled to be 1, not 720. This may just be a Northern Hemisphere thing, but I thought it was worth mentioning.
    Hmm...

It's confusing because the button labeled "Next" has a downward pointing arrow which implies "decrease", and the button labeled "Prev" has an upward pointing arrow that implies "increase".

In hindsight, I should have had "Next" with an up arrow and "Prev" with a down arrow. :( :(

But its too late now. I think I should standardize on the text labels not the arrow labels, so Next should increase values and Prev should decrease values. What do you think?

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post

It's confusing because the button labeled "Next" has a downward pointing arrow which implies "decrease", and the button labeled "Prev" has an upward pointing arrow that implies "increase".

In hindsight, I should have had "Next" with an up arrow and "Prev" with a down arrow. :( :(

But its too late now. I think I should standardize on the text labels not the arrow labels, so Next should increase values and Prev should decrease values. What do you think?

Regards
    Paul
    I agree. The arrows are actually relative, depending on your perspective. On the other hand, "Next" and "Previous" imply a direction. If you have a number displayed, it seems to me that "Next" indicates a larger value (21 is "Next" after 20) and "Previous" indicates a smaller value (20 is the number "Previous" to 21).
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

With latest firmware, AutoCal is no longer suffering from Alzheimer's. It now remembers changes made through the keys.
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

More info here regarding return from Low Power and engine off--

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=8289&page=8
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

With latest release, I can't find any problems with either AutoCal or FlashScan, other than AutoCal still says Beta 17 and I think it should say 18. I'll keep looking.
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

With latest release, I can't find any problems with either AutoCal or FlashScan, other than AutoCal still says Beta 17 and I think it should say 18. I'll keep looking.

and i was thinking the Beta 17 was the serial number

Default Ready for AUTOCAL....

Hey Paul... I've updated Autocal with the latest guts....Is there anything you specifically need tested or fooled with???

Maybe this is premature, but....I've been going over some scenarios for locking/unlocking calibrations with autocal and how autocal knows when to lock and unlock the pcm based on flags set in the calibration.

I know we touched on this last year, I was wondering how it was going to be implemented..... Furthermore, I trust you've got something in place to prevent e-mail sharing of autocal files....encryption or whatever.....

Chuck CoW
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12