Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AutoCal Beta

Default AutoCal Beta

For reference, my AutoCal beta unit arrived with no cables- not a problem because you can borrow the necessary cables from a V2. Not knowing what to expect, I plugged AC into a vehicle and received a "No PIDS" selected message, whereupon I plugged it into my laptop to download some PIDs. Tried to down load them and received a 0182 error code. So I used EFILive Explorer to format the "Config" area of AC memory and then I downloaded the Options file along with the pmm files I plan to use. (Same files as I use in V2.) Plugged AC back into a vehicle and selected "Display Data" and everything worked fine. Then I tried to log data and received a 0185 error. Next I plugged AC back into my laptop, selected the "Scan Files" tab and got another 0182 error. I couldn't find any way to format Scan Files memory with EFILive Explorer so I started snooping around AC and found a "Format File Sys" option. (After plugging AC in, scroll down to "AutoCal Options", select it, then scroll down to "Format File Sys".) Everything appears to be working properly now.

Update- Dragged the log file from AC into my laptop. The file opened fine and displayed data accurately. Suggestion: Make the default file name other than BBL (ACBBL perhaps) to avoid file name conflicts between V2 and AC data logs.
    Last edited by dfe1; June 6th, 2008 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Update
    DigitalEFI- EFILive US Distributor
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

Thanks for the post. I didnt know about the format file sys option in AC.
    Oztrack
    EFILive Tuning Consultant

Worldwide Remote Tuning Service

2006 NSW Super Street Drag Racing Champion

www.oztrack.com.au

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Good detective work Dave

Right now, AutoCal is set up to mimic the behavior of FlashScan, so what you do for FlashScan BBL you do the same for AutoCal.

The menu structures (including the format file system option) are shown in the attached file
    Regards
    Paul
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by dfe1 View Post
    Suggestion: Make the default file name other than BBL (ACBBL perhaps) to avoid file name conflicts between V2 and AC data logs.
    Interesting idea - I had not thought of that.

Meanwhile you could set the File # in the AutoCal settings to a large value (i.e. 50000). That would create two "name spaces":
    1. FlashScan from 00000 to 49999
    2. AutoCal from 50000 to 99999

Note: Changing that setting by 50,000 using AuotCal's keypad could be a bit tedious... Those settings will all be configurable from the PC eventually.

Regards
    Paul

Either AutoCal has developed a mind of it's own, or my memory has developed a mind of its own. As I remember it, the first time I changed settings, they were permanent. Now, it won't retain any changes except date and time. I tried "Restore Settings", which reset the file counter to 0, but if I change that, units, or Lo-Power, the changes only stay as long as power is applied. Once the unit is unplugged and plugged in again, all values have reverted to their default settings. Am I remembering incorrectly- do these values have to be reset every time AutoCal is plugged in?
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

Quote Originally Posted by dfe1 View Post
    Either AutoCal has developed a mind of it's own, or my memory has developed a mind of its own. As I remember it, the first time I changed settings, they were permanent. Now, it won't retain any changes except date and time. I tried "Restore Settings", which reset the file counter to 0, but if I change that, units, or Lo-Power, the changes only stay as long as power is applied. Once the unit is unplugged and plugged in again, all values have reverted to their default settings. Am I remembering incorrectly- do these values have to be reset every time AutoCal is plugged in?
    The Settings.dat file on your AutoCal may be from old version of firmware.

Try deleting the Settings.dat file from the [Config] tab page in the EFILive_Explorer program for AutoCal.
    Actually it would probably be better if you formatted the [Config] file system using the [Format] button on the same screen.

Then power off AutoCal and repower it and change one or more settings.
    It should re-create the settings .dat file with the correct format for the current firmware.

Regards
    Paul

I reformatted the config file system, reloaded the firmware and tried again-- several times. Autocal does not create a settings.dat file so changes still don't stay after power is removed. Can I create a settings.dat file and move it to AutoCal, or does it have to be "The Creator"?
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

Hmm, I'll take a look at an AutoCal here. I may have messed up something in the AutoCal firmware.
    You could create a settings.dat file, but if AutoCal is not writing to it them it probably won't do you much good.

You could try copying the Settings.dat file from FlashScan - the files are identical.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    You could try copying the Settings.dat file from FlashScan - the files are identical.

Paul
    Don't have one of those either. I remember seeing a settings file, but I can't find it any more. Maybe when the bit bucket overflowed, I lost it.
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

I just tried it with the latest firmware - it fails here too. I'll fix it :(
    Paul

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast