Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Still have IAC issues...

You have zeroed out your throttle follower decay which would cause your idle to hang. I would reset these to stock values at the moment.
    As Delco has stated you need to get your fuelling & spark dialled in before messing with the rafig etc. Spark has the most control over your idle as the iac valve moves too slow to make the immediate adjustments necessary. For starters find the best timing & afr for idle with the BIDI controls, Then remove a few degrees & put this timing in the cells you hit at idle. This will give you room to make spark corrections to your idle speed by either increasing the spark in the lower rpm cells or using the spark over/ underspeed correction tables.
    The Tremor at AIR

Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick View Post
    IMO
    you should use only the tables that apply to your trans,
    AUTO=P/N
    MANUAL=IN GEAR
    Dont autos use both????????
    The Tremor at AIR

Quote Originally Posted by 5.7ute View Post
    LOL
    DO THEY?
    after looking at some auto bins
    i guess they do, but the values differ per side.
    learn something new every day.

Lifetime Member

Sorry for being a jerk and speaking out loud, in hind site it was uncalled for...

That being said, I have finally got it to work the way it's supposed to. It took huge changes over stock to get it to come in. When I was making small adjustments nothing was happening so it just complicated things even more.

Yes the GM computer is far more complicated, far more then needed in my opinion. It's just weird how you can have a table that multiplies a table and that table is affected by more tables. It seems that the main table would never be used therefore why have it! Also, the Holley is real time and that helps more then anything. Also, I run them in closed loop at WOT with a wideband O2, cant do that with this.

I didnt go with the holley for two reasons, 1)this setup is cheap and widely available and I felt if I get a handle on it I could use junk yard setups for a few hundred dollars 2)Holley is far more expensive.

When the smoke clears I will create a favorites list and I wont ever have to wade through all the non essential parameters again...

Thanks for all the help.

Lee

230" Dragster - 2000 LS1, 02020003 Speed Density, PRC 2.5 Heads,
    MS3 Cam 237/242 .603/.609, Vic Jr. intake, Holley 1000CFM TB,
    PowerGlide, 5000 stall converter. 8.70@154 MPH

My Projects Homepage: http://www.horsepowerracing.com

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by 5.7ute View Post

yes they do.

LS1 drag , go to base idle spark and drop the spark at anything above your desired idle speed down , this will force the engine to return to idle quicker and elimiate your hanging as well.

Yes, autos use both P/N and IG.

Lee, I'm glad it's working out for you...

The GM PCM would normally have to provide accurate fuel/spark/driveability for a wide range of conditions on several continents, and be able to control/pass emissions on the most strict of those, and monitor itself and its subsystems to detect faults, control the transmission and cooling fans and AC, and provide diagnostics information to a person troubleshooting a problem... there's a lot going in that in that box that can easily be taken for granted.

For drag racing you could maybe use some of those features for monitoring the health of your motor.

Post us some time slips when you get a chance.

Cheers
    Joe

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Oh... and this site is not dead... there are many members who go out of their way to share information and advice.
    joe, this dude knows nothing about help..... explain to him what u did for me... oh and btw I could tune his car in a couple of hours...
    01 Z06, 4L60E CONVERSION, L92/L76 TOP END, 72# LS3 INJECTORS (THANKS FIC), DRY NITROUS, COS5

Lifetime Member

i could give you the correct pid list and maps, and your idle issues will be gone 4 ever... shoot me a pm ls1 dragster, w/your e-mail addy. and ill see what i can do...
    01 Z06, 4L60E CONVERSION, L92/L76 TOP END, 72# LS3 INJECTORS (THANKS FIC), DRY NITROUS, COS5

Lifetime Member

Found another issue, the IAC does not park to the commanded park position when the ignition is turned off. Since this is a dragster, when the ignition is turned off all power to the engine is killed not letting the IAC park.

What else will be effected by not having a constant 12v to the computer upon shutdown?

Lee

230" Dragster - 2000 LS1, 02020003 Speed Density, PRC 2.5 Heads,
    MS3 Cam 237/242 .603/.609, Vic Jr. intake, Holley 1000CFM TB,
    PowerGlide, 5000 stall converter. 8.70@154 MPH

My Projects Homepage: http://www.horsepowerracing.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12