Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 6L80/90e's How they work

Default 6L80/90e's How they work

Anyone have links to cut aways or articles relating to how they function.

Cutaway view and tech info on operation (not comprehensive)

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/stsfaq/ts...-07-30-023.pdf

Exploded parts view and parts listing

http://www.transtarindustries.com/ca...oad.asp?ID=708

They are the best I've found but would love to find more info on the programming side.

Lifetime Member

Black art!

Seriously, that Transtar and Cadi info is the best I have found & seen so far too.

These trans's are very simple. Mostly a set of solenoid controlled clutches (and one sprag/roller). 5 clutch control solenoids. One shift pressure solenoid. 2 actuator solenoids (TCC). A few pressure switches, a temperature sensor, selector position switches and input & output speed sensors. The complexity is in the controller and the way it works hand in hand with the engine control module to create smooth and timely shifts for all (most) situations.

HPT has just improved their depth with the A6's from shallow to very deep with a new and very needed release. Am sure the EFILive guys are working this very minute to go further into this trans controller and even deeper than their already class leading capability.

Now the aftermarket & tuners have a whole new field of data to play with so the knowledge level should go way up.

I'd like to flash a C6 OS in the the TCM..and see what that does...

Quote Originally Posted by gmh308 View Post
    HPT has just improved their depth with the A6's from shallow to very deep with a new and very needed release. Am sure the EFILive guys are working this very minute to go further into this trans controller and even deeper than their already class leading capability.
    While the self proclaimed tuning leaders play catchup with the A6 tuning capabilities many EFILive shops have been creating some awesome A6 tunes for months. I don't doubt there is many, maybe even thousands more tables and calibrations left inside the A6 TCM, but will they make the A6 shift like a Powerglide with a shift kit...doubt it.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    While the self proclaimed tuning leaders play catchup with the A6 tuning capabilities many EFILive shops have been creating some awesome A6 tunes for months. I don't doubt there is many, maybe even thousands more tables and calibrations left inside the A6 TCM, but will they make the A6 shift like a Powerglide with a shift kit...doubt it.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Agreed 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post

Cheers,
    Ross
    Any chance that there will be more controls for the torque converter Pulse Width Modulation for lockup?
    2000 Corvette Twin Turbo
    2004 CTS-V TVS 1900
    2006 TBSS TVS 1900

All Tuned by
    Rad Tunes by Troy
    aka Vetteboy2k

The only comphrensive documents explaining how the 6L80/6T75 transmissions function are these documents from www.helminc.com:

- 6 Speed RWD Transmission Technician's Guide (HM6SPEEDRWDTG)
    - 6 Speed FWD Transmission Technician's Guide (HM6SPEEDFWDTG)

There doesn't seem the be a .pdf version available yet (neither are on the $100 CD)

Lifetime Member

while I've got you here GMPX how do you reduce the horrible torque spark retard function on each gear change with the A6? Is it in the PCm or TCM? pulls almost 20 deg.
    Cheers,
    Mike
    "Just a tune > yeah right !!!! "

Quote Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
    while I've got you here GMPX how do you reduce the horrible torque spark retard function on each gear change with the A6? Is it in the PCm or TCM? pulls almost 20 deg.
    Cheers,
    Mike
    TCM has those controls
    2000 Corvette Twin Turbo
    2004 CTS-V TVS 1900
    2006 TBSS TVS 1900

All Tuned by
    Rad Tunes by Troy
    aka Vetteboy2k

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast