Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AutoVE verification file & PID log questions

Default AutoVE verification file & PID log questions

This is a continuation of the discussion within the "How to adj AFR @ WOT thread.

Ran the verification tune & log this evening. MAP values are all 0.00. I think this means that the VE mod was successful, somewhat. The LTFT's are not good & are commanding up to the max. +25%. There are also three red MAP cells. There is no AFR log because I didn't see the connection issue from the PID to the PLX controller until the car & computer were ready to drive. Looked as though the PLX (wide band) diplay was the same to a bit more lean than commanded, as I glanced a few times from the driver's seat. The LTFT is a mystery. What should be done? BTW, it was a short drive.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by LS1-450 View Post
    This is a continuation of the discussion within the "How to adj AFR @ WOT thread.

Ran the verification tune & log this evening. MAP values are all 0.00. I think this means that the VE mod was successful, somewhat. The LTFT's are not good & are commanding up to the max. +25%. There are also three red MAP cells. There is no AFR log because I didn't see the connection issue from the PID to the PLX controller until the car & computer were ready to drive. Looked as though the PLX (wide band) diplay was the same to a bit more lean than commanded, as I glanced a few times from the driver's seat. The LTFT is a mystery. What should be done? BTW, it was a short drive.
    You got 0.00 on your BEN maps. Unless I am missing something here , that is not right. I thought .99 to 1.01 was the range with 1.00 being the target.
    Unlees I am way off , then you are running dangerously lean and your LTFT are trying to compensate
    Roy 98SSSSSS

Alright, so what is causing it to run lean? All that was done was to modify the VE tables after the AutoVE tune. See anything in the tune file?

Just ran another log. The problem (0.00) in the first log was due to the wide band. Here is the new log. Still red cells, high LTFT's, & non-matching wide band to commanded AFR. Is it the tune, the MAF calibration, the ACCEL 30# red top injectors,...other. Please comment.
    Attached Files Attached Files

EXT.TEMP or TEMP1 is on 32*F. What effect does this have on the fueling?

when did u put in injectors. Also sounds like your plx is not calibrated to the v2 correctly. These need to read the same. Other wise you will be like me and THINK your BENS are 1.0 but actually its running at something different.

Injectors are from 2003. How do I modify the PLX calibration? Only thing found was to select one of the wide band options. Is there also a calibration screen? Thanks

Note: ran a log w/ +10% MAF & another w/-10% MAF from stock MAF settings. Neither change resulted in a much better LTFT or STFT in reference to the original log correction %. Although, the car seemed to like the +10% from a feel & sound standpoint. The -10% definately made the STFT worse.

Did you do anything to your MAF? Both C2901 and C2902 are set to 1.
    That can't be good.
    C2901 "MAF High Frequency Fail 1" 69.9951 "CAL: 1 <-> ALT: 14000"
    C2902 "MAF High Frequency Fail 2" 69.9951 "CAL: 1 <-> ALT: 14000"

Also I see a whole lot of surgery to that tune when compared to a stock tune.
    Roy 98SSSSSS

modify your plx calc pid so that it matches your voltage drop. add in .2 volts or the appropriate to it. If the injectors were just installed couldh have a vaccuum leak. ALso i think hes in SD roy.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by LS1-450 View Post
    Injectors are from 2003. How do I modify the PLX calibration? Only thing found was to select one of the wide band options. Is there also a calibration screen? Thanks

Note: ran a log w/ +10% MAF & another w/-10% MAF from stock MAF settings. Neither change resulted in a much better LTFT or STFT in reference to the original log correction %. Although, the car seemed to like the +10% from a feel & sound standpoint. The -10% definately made the STFT worse.
    Interesting the MAF changes didn't work. When you change the MAF data, you will see an immediate STFT change which is why I use that log parameter. I did not see it in your log. If after changing the MAF, there is no change, then an air leak must exist. Make sure the intake is seated well if you just installed it. Throttle body seated w/oring?

Consider adj MAF to get STFT as close to zero at IDLE as possible, changing the entire table in a proportional manner. Then since you have a wideband, you should be able to setup a frequency log w/BEN factor from PE. I would set them all to 12.7:1 and try using a BEN factor of WB02PLX/GM.AFR.

I'm right behind you. Hooking up my wideband right now.
    My car is running excellent, so what am I going to do?
    Screw w/the VE table and retune it. Oh the joy of tuning ...
    07 Silverado DMax Classic
    02 Z06 LS3 416, 805rwhp, TFS245, Wiseco, Callies Crank/Rods, Iskendarian Lifters, Crower Rockers, FAST102/90, ATI Damper, 1-7/8 Kook's LT, QkTime Shield,Tolle-Fab 8pt
    Old Engine: 1/4mile = 9.6/146 New Engine:?

EFI Live Tune/Scan v7.5.27, EFI Live Scan and Tune v8.2.23, build 276, BootBlock 2.07.06, FirmWare 2.07.52, 512K RoadRunner (12.14.R), Innovate Serial LC2x2

COS5/12212156 For 2002 Z06 Manual Vette

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast