Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AutoVE verification file & PID log questions

Quote Originally Posted by charcold-bowtie View Post
    modify your plx calc pid so that it matches your voltage drop. add in .2 volts or the appropriate to it. If the injectors were just installed couldh have a vaccuum leak. ALso i think hes in SD roy.
    good call, I was thinking for some reason he was running MAF.
    Roy 98SSSSSS

LS1-450
    check in C2901 and C2902 you have them set to 1. Since you are using a MAF.
    Roy 98SSSSSS

Quote Originally Posted by charcold-bowtie View Post
    modify your plx calc pid so that it matches your voltage drop. add in .2 volts or the appropriate to it. If the injectors were just installed couldh have a vaccuum leak. ALso i think hes in SD roy.

How do I modify the plx calc pid?

Quote Originally Posted by roy View Post
    LS1-450
    The tutorial said to do this during the verifiaction run in order to test he VE table mods. The Ve table surgery was made directly from the SDAutoVE tune.

I just made several more runs to test the wide band. Something is not right. Although, by increasing the MAF table by 30% across the board, the STFT's improved. Looks like if everything is kept as is, that 40-50% MAF table increase will yiels the best STFT. However, 50% seems crazy to me. On the other hand, the STFT is (fuel) measured (separate from wide band feedback), does it out trump the wide band?

So, perhaps once I learn how to modify the PLX CALC VOLTAGE, then maybe the wide band & STFT will be on the same plane. Also, I need to know what
    the C2901 & C2902 are suposed to be. I must have mis-interpreted the tutorial. Being a newb can be quite frustrating.

Thanks for the help all.

Here is the last log w/ 30% MAF increase.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by TFZ_Z06 View Post
    Interesting the MAF changes didn't work. When you change the MAF data, you will see an immediate STFT change which is why I use that log parameter. I did not see it in your log. If after changing the MAF, there is no change, then an air leak must exist. Make sure the intake is seated well if you just installed it. Throttle body seated w/oring?

Consider adj MAF to get STFT as close to zero at IDLE as possible, changing the entire table in a proportional manner. Then since you have a wideband, you should be able to setup a frequency log w/BEN factor from PE. I would set them all to 12.7:1 and try using a BEN factor of WB02PLX/GM.AFR.

I'm right behind you. Hooking up my wideband right now.
    My car is running excellent, so what am I going to do?
    Screw w/the VE table and retune it. Oh the joy of tuning ...

Hope your tune goes well.

Above, is posted the 30% MAF increase which has improved the STFT as noted. So, I think that perhaps the MAF calibration is part of the issue. Once I learn the PLX CALC voltage mod & the proper C9201 & 02 then we will see. The plan now is that once the wide band & the STFT's are correct, then will run a new SD AutoVE tune against my original tune, adjust the VE tables accordingly & then run some more logs.

Quote Originally Posted by roy View Post
    LS1-450
    Those will "fail" your MAF by throwing one of P0101, P0102, P0103.

When the PCM sees any of those DTC's it ignores the MAF and runs from the VE table (SD mode).

If you want to run the MAF, you need to set those two back to stock settings (MAF mode).

OK, will return them. Also, found a valve train issue. There's no vacuum leak, but, there is 0 to slight pressure in the intake manifold. I had installed adjustable 1.8 roller rockers & the valves are slightly open when the piston begins to build pressure in the combustion chamber. Need to fix this before moving forward. Good news is that it is only either the push rod length or the lifter pre-load, it is not a blown gasket, bent valve, bad piston. This is also why we were only getting 292 g/s air flow & a slightly lower max MAP.

Will post again after running the next log w/ corrected C....values & after the latest AutoVE.

Thanks all, for the assistance.

No worries...

Let us know how you go... and if you have to pull anything apart take pics if you can.

Car is OK. Engine had no pressure vent because the air filter, in line w/ the PCV valve, was clogged. Waisted a day playing w/ different length push rods before finding the clogged filter. Once the engine had a proper pressure vent, everything seems back to normal.

Ran a new SD AutoVE & then adjusted the VE tables accordingly. Since then have run 5MAF logs, each resulting in modified VE tables. Am I doing this correctly? Should consecutive SD AutoVE logs be used to adjust the VE tables, or (as I've done) one SD AutoVE & then chase it w/ the MAF?

When evaluating the STFT's is the average STFT used or the max/min STFT? Seems like the average STFT's like a 10% MAF increase the best.

Currently remain chasing the Ve tables. Seems like each run in MAF wants an additional
    .99 or .98. Comments please.

take the plx equation Voltage*2+10 . Then set up a new calc pid that has that equation plus whatever your offset is. So your final would be Voltage*2+10.2 I plan on doing this but im waiting to get the truck off jackstands.

heres calc pids http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....light=calc+pid

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast