Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BBL installer update: June 12, 2008

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default BBL installer update: June 12, 2008

The Black Box Logging beta software is now available as a fully self contained Windows installation. As well, we have made available the latest V7.5.4 EFILive Scan and Tune software as a fully self contained Windows installation.

Please read this entire thread before downloading and/or attempting to update any part of the EFILvie software or FlashScan hardware.

Although both packages are still designated as beta releases, they are stable and may be used in place of V7.5.3 and previous versions of V7.5.4. As with all beta software there may still be some slight teething problems with the installation, upgrade and reconfiguration of V7.4.x to V7.5.3. for that reason we do not recommend using this software in a production environment where failures cannot be tolerated.

Important pre-requisites that must be in place BEFORE you attempt to upgrade to the new software and/or firmware.

Under no circumstances should you attempt to use boot block V2.05.06 (released March 26, 2008).
    See this link for more info on what is wrong with V2.05.06
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=7804

FlashScan MUST be running firmware V2.04.72 before you attempt to upgrade the boot block. If your FlashScan device is running V2.04.70 or V2.04.71 and you perform the boot block upgrade, FlashScan will be upgraded with the wrong boot block version. If you are in that situation, please see this thread: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=8085

To upgrade your FlashScan device to V2.04.72, use this program: Start -> EFILive V7.5 -> Update FlashScan V2 Firmware.
    The firmware file is available here: \Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\FSProg_V2_4_72.ffw.

After performing the boot block upgrade, the two orange LEDs will flash, indicating that the boot block upgrade process is complete even though the LCD screen will continue to dimly display the message:
    BOOTBLOCK UPGRADE
    IN PROGRESS
    DO NOT
    INTERRUPT

At this point you should uninstall V7.5.3 (or any earlier version of EFILive that is on your system). You can unplug FlashScan during the install if you want/need to.

The readme.pdf document says to backup your *.tun and *.efi files and to delete the two folders where EFILive was installed. Renaming them, as explained below is quicker and safer than backing them up and deleting them.

So, rename the following folders if they are still present on your system.

Version 7.4 and earlier folders:
    • \My Documents\EFILive\V7 to \My Documents\EFILive\V7_old
    • \Program Files\EFILive\V7 to \Program Files\EFILive\V7_old
    Version 7.5.x folders:
    • \My Documents\EFILive\V7.5 to \My Documents\EFILive\V7.5_old
    • \Program Files\EFILive\V7.5 to \Program Files\EFILive\V7.5_old
    The purpose of renaming those folders is so that when V7.5.4 is installed it will not delete or overwrite any files that you have saved or modified in those folders.

Install V7.5.4 and V8.1.1

After the new software has been installed (reconnect FlashScan if necessary) and while the two orange LEDs are flashing, you must program the new FSProgV2_05_17(0612).efw firmware into the FlashScan device. To do that, use the program: Start->EFILive->V8.1->EFILive Explorer.
    The Readme.pdf file attached to this post contains detailed instructions on how to successfully upgrade your FlashScan device's boot block and/or firmware.

EFILive recommends copying your previous setup and data files from the old V7 software (the folders you renamed earlier) to the new V7.5.4 software. To do that, copy the following folders (overwrite existing files):

From: \My Documents\EFILive\V7.5_old\User Configuration to \My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration
    From: \My Documents\EFILive\V7.5_old\PIDs to \My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\PIDs
    From: \My Documents\EFILive\V7.5_old\MAPs to \My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\Maps
    From: \My Documents\EFILive\V7.5_old\VDash to \My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\VDash
    From: \My Documents\EFILive\V7.5_old\Logged Data to \My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\Logged Data
    From: \My Documents\EFILive\V7.5_old\bins to \My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\bins

(You may need to substitute V7_old for V7.5_old depending on which version of EFILive was previosuly installed).

Download here:
    http://download2.efilive.com/Softwar...LiveV7.5.4.exe (59Mb)
    http://download2.efilive.com/Softwar...LiveV8.1.1.exe (7Mb)

Any questions, please post in a new thread in this forum.
    Please read the three attached files for more information about the V7.5.4 and V8.1.1 updates.

Regards
    Paul
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Blacky; June 22nd, 2008 at 02:53 PM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

Install went well.

Still having a problem with the T42 upshift base pressure tables D8101 and D8201. D8301 is working properly. Both metric and imperial units show 90psi/620kPa.

Quote Originally Posted by Lennart View Post
    Switchable tunes for E38 ?!
    Yes, well, more like switchable options, more details soon. Paul's new car has been a test rig, even causing embarrassment on the freeway when he forgot he'd switched it to valet mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar281 View Post
    I noticed the "Switch.ini" file info is now at the bottom of the "options.ini". Any word on when we'll be able to use the V2 to switch tunes? Any chance we'll be able to use the V2 to enable "valet" mode?
    Yes you could if you set up one of your tunes as a Valet mode. At this stage it will only switch your DSP tunes.

Quote Originally Posted by dc_justin View Post
    Install went well.

Still having a problem with the T42 upshift base pressure tables D8101 and D8201. D8301 is working properly. Both metric and imperial units show 90psi/620kPa.
    What OS is that Justin?, or all of them?

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post

What OS is that Justin?, or all of them?

Cheers,
    Ross
    Quickly found these three working improperly:
    24239927 (Interesting, GM used this in both 07 and 08 vehicles)

Hi All,
    the upgrade went well, though the tune tool came up in demo mode. I used the opportunity to test the connecting of the V2 and checking the license retrieval, which went well. I then disconnected the the V2 and subsequently noticed the "Backup" option under Help - FlashScan V2 VIN Licensing... Clicking on this option with the flash scan disconnected, resulted in an absurdly wide error window popping up with the text " Licence details could not be backed up. No rely." I'd estimate the window is around 15400 pixels wide... I'll see how the rest goes tonight.

Simon.

Default Serial WIDEBAND WORKS!!!!!

Hey Guys.... I've got the serial wideband working great and have used it extensively on E38 and once on E67 with NO PROBLEMS.

However, I can't even connect to LS1's with serial wideband working..... Anyone have this same experience.....?

I had some connectivity problems and I'm thinking that some of it was not having an SD card installed to save settings.......Wacha think?

I'll test the LS1 stuff tomorrow first thing.

Anyone know how to use change the BEN factor of RTACS when using roadrunner with SERIAL WIDEBAND???? I'm hoping it's simple.

Chuck CoW
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX
    At this stage it will only switch your DSP tunes.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Does this mean the latest OSs do support DSP5 V2 switchable tunes now?
    2005 RCSB 2500HD GMC Sierra DURAMAX LLY
    1955 Chevy Truck 1st series, being restored
    2002 Mercedes C270 CDI

Lennart, let me know what OS you are running if you want to test it, they are all done ready to go.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

The pid selection hotkeys don't seem to work (nothnig happens).

V2 displays good log data and good FF data.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    The pid selection hotkeys don't seem to work (nothnig happens).

V2 displays good log data and good FF data.
    Did you use the new options.ini ? It is needed for the hotkeys to work.....
    2005 RCSB 2500HD GMC Sierra DURAMAX LLY
    1955 Chevy Truck 1st series, being restored
    2002 Mercedes C270 CDI

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast