Thread: Tune switching from V2 - idea?

Default Tune switching from V2 - idea?

I was thinking, instead of having to modify the tune info in the "options.ini" for the tune names, would it be possible to add a field to the DSP5 tune that allows you to name it in the tune, then when you go to the "Switchable tune" menu, it reads that data from the ECM and gives you the names from the ECM.

I had thought about that, but, it means transmitting the ASCII characters over the bus which adds a whole new level of complexity to the comms routines in the ECM. It would mean writing all new comms handlers in the ECM from scratch (nightmare!). Sometimes the easier way out works just fine too

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Ahhh... I see. Oh well. It was worth asking .

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I had thought about that, but, it means transmitting the ASCII characters over the bus which adds a whole new level of complexity to the comms routines in the ECM. It would mean writing all new comms handlers in the ECM from scratch (nightmare!). Sometimes the easier way out works just fine too

Cheers,
    Ross