Thread: help with logging basics

Default help with logging basics

I've been able to get my car to idle and drive. It's not prety but it's effective.

I have my lc-1 wideband installed, but i'm clueless on logging. I've done a couple of searches on logging basics and how to log but did't really find anything.

I also checked out the how to create a map and how to create a filter tutorial, but am unclear if this is logging and specifically logging with the LC-1.

Any and all help would be appreciated.
    97 MN6 vette, Vortek, BBK 80 FAST 78 manifold, 42# racetronix, lingenfelter edlebrock heads 202cc, 228 232 .622 .630 111+2, patriot dual ex, yt roller rockers, lg pro, now with cats, .041 Mr. Gasket (cometic leaked), 62cc head, ~60 cc chambers, custom built coilovers, ADDCO sway bars

ok

so what are the critical pids for logging with an lc-1?

I loaded the aute ve lc-1 pids file

I am trying to get fuel trims for the 42# ers and the rest in my sig below
    97 MN6 vette, Vortek, BBK 80 FAST 78 manifold, 42# racetronix, lingenfelter edlebrock heads 202cc, 228 232 .622 .630 111+2, patriot dual ex, yt roller rockers, lg pro, now with cats, .041 Mr. Gasket (cometic leaked), 62cc head, ~60 cc chambers, custom built coilovers, ADDCO sway bars

what interface do you have? V1 or V2
    and what version of the software are you running?
    the serial WBO2 feature is much better than using the AD inputs. IMO

To log analog AFR: there are LC-1 pids:
    CALC.AFR_LC11
    CALC.AFR_LC12
    CALC.BEN_LC11
    CALC.BEN_LC12

On the PIDs tab, rightclicking on each of these will show which EXT.ADn pids are used.

With V2 you could also do serial AFR logging.

I'm using the v1

I only came up with 2 LC-1 pids. THe only way I came up with those is to load in a pre selected pid file.

I'm having a ton of troube logging the data.

The LC-1 AFR reading on the EFI live log is completely different from what the LC-1 Wideband gauge says.

THen the logging data is not reflective of the variations in engine conditions, i.e. the mph was 36 for the entire log weather I was stopped or going 100. Same with the Manifold kpa, which is even weirder as the dashboard showed the digital gauge reducing as I gave it more gas but the digital log never changed.

Whats the deal? Do I need to format my LC-1 which is the opposite of what I've read in 6 different places where it states the LC-1 is already set up for EFI live?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Did you:
    - enter your VIN/OS...?
    - enter your controller type...?
    - validate pids...?

With your LC-1, go into the LM Programmer software and program both channels to default;

then make sure you have these connections:
    - LC-1 brown wire -> V1 pin C or E.
    - LC-1 white or green wire -> V1 pin D.

The scantool user manual shows the pinouts.

I have the white wire going to the ground and another wire going to the gauge and the d pid (pin) going to the whit wire ground.

I did not see a schematic showing the white to the d input.

What does pid stand for? Place to input data?

What does ECT stand for in reference to the post about RAFIG process? Engine control tempature?

What does RAFIG stand for?

Sometimes what were doing is explained just by the decoding the acronym.

I think I'm burnt out.

What does pid stand for? Place to input data? A pid is what you log, IE if you log your ECT, engine coolant temp, you then can view that data.

What does ECT stand for in reference to the post about RAFIG process? see above

What does RAFIG stand for?

Rafig is your total idle airflow adjustments, IE if your pcm is having to trim in 2.0 grams per second everytime the car is running at a ECT of 156, we go ahead and add that into the table, then the pcm doesnt have as much trimming to do.

I think I'm burnt out. u will be ok haha. did u go through the Rafig link
    '04 ecsb Chevy: 4.8L turbo ,EFILive tuned