EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default New Tutorials

New tutorials have been uploaded here:
    http://www.efilive.com/doc/index.html

Regards
    Paul

Lifetime Member

Blacky, I am gonna cry!

I am having such a hard time getting to learn this software with very little help. Only critiscm. :cry:

There are only a few things I really need to know and do to get this thing tuned. Every one says to get it tuned... THAT IS NOT AN OPTION!

I must tune myself or park the car till next year.

-I have it running good now out of boost(1 bar)
    -I searched till 3 a.m. and all day today and annot find adequate answers(or understandable) You guys really take for granted the experience with this software that you have.

-I cannot get the LC-1 wideband to activate on my laptop with efilive. I have tried to switch all kinds of settings for the O2's to no avail.

-I am not sure how to make MAPS for the boost levels above 1 bar.

- followed the entire 2/3 bar tutorial, IS this adequate enough to tune correctly, or due I have to disable anything else?

-I have been told to leave the timing maps alone. They are good even for a 3 bar boost setup.

If I can get the wideband working, some boost maps made, someone to tell me what charts to modify to chanfe the fueling (Main VE chart & Bosst VE chart???) I will be ready to rock. I can just drive around, look for KR and steady AFR and start running some boost.

I understand I sound like a moron. I have only worked with GEN 7 DFI(super user friendly and pre-setup ) I have had no learning curve, and just need a few pieces of asdvise to get the ball rolling.

Believ me, If I had a pot to piss in, I would have it tuned today! But I can't

PLEASE HELP ME A LITTLE!!
    '71 chevelle
    Twin turbo ls1
    1000 HP 93 octane street car!
    96 lb injectors

nitro, everything you have asked about is in the archives or on ls1tech.com. learning to tune is not an overnight thing so you will have to have patience with yourself and start digging with the search tools.

Since you HAVE to tune it yourself then be prepared to park it while you have the engine rebuilt. Considering the questions you have asked you'd be MUCH BETTER OFF LETTING A PROFESSIONAL DO THE INITIAL TUNE. Sorry for yelling but emphasis is needed.

The only other advise I can offer is to download some sample tunes from horist's hptuner bin site and compare the modifications to a stock tune of the same year. try to get a feel for what is being changed and HOPE that you are looking at GOOD tunes and not some junk..
    2001 Camaro SS
    EFILive Custom OS3

Lifetime Member

If I could find my exact questions I would'nt be asking. If a moderator looks at my history, they can see I have been on here constantly. The questions I asked, I cannot find.
    '71 chevelle
    Twin turbo ls1
    96 lb injectors

Quote Originally Posted by nitrorocket
    I cannot get the LC-1 wideband to activate on my laptop with efilive. I have tried to switch all kinds of settings for the O2's to no avail.
    What is the exact problem with geting the LC-1 to work?

I am not sure how to make MAPS for the boost levels above 1 bar.
    Do you mean "how to setup the VE map above 1-bar" or do you mean "how to create maps in the scan tool to log data above 1-bar"?

followed the entire 2/3 bar tutorial, IS this adequate enough to tune correctly, or due I have to disable anything else?
    The Custom OS upgrade Tutorial is not designed to teach you how to tune your engine for boost. It is only designed to teach you you how to upgrade your PCM to be 2/3-bar ready. Tuning it is a whole different ball game.

I've seen a few posts now recommending that you get a professional tuner to set up a base tune that you can then tweak to your satisfaction. You say that is not an option, that's ok, it's your choice - as long as you understand the risks involved.

I can help you get the LC-1 hooked up and I can help you make maps for the scan tool. I can't help you with tuning the VE maps in the tuning tool.

Regards
    Paul

Lifetime Member

O.k. I have the lc-1 all hooked up, but cannot figure out how to get it to work with efilive. I went into the pids. I highlighted the ,BEN_LC1 (Shows a little tach nest to it) And I choose, WO2S12_B, AFR_LC11, AFR_LC12( they all have a red "X" over the little tach. I cannot figure out what does and doesn't need to be on or off to get the LC1 to work. Where will it display the AFR when it does work?

I am not asking "HOW TO TUNE", I am asking what maps adjust the tune for the fuel and map. Charts do I use? I mentions some in my above post, Are those the main ones? Do I have to disable anything else above and beyond the Custom O.S. Tutorial? I can change #'s to match and tune it.
    '71 chevelle
    Twin turbo ls1
    96 lb injectors

Lifetime Member

I am not asking "HOW TO TUNE", I am asking what maps adjust the tune for the fuel and map.
    Sound slike yuo are asking how to tune. The editior does a VERY good job explaining each table and its function. Its up to you to figure out how they will work for you and if they are important enough for you to tweak....

Charts do I use? I mentions some in my above post, Are those the main ones? Do I have to disable anything else above and beyond the Custom O.S. Tutorial? I can change #'s to match and tune it.
    What charts do you use is littered all over this forum and its subforums. If you are looking for a ve chart i am pretty sure you can find one that is made or an instructional on how to make one. If you took a look at the map directory someof them are allready there. What I see here is a lack of reading. If you worked and tuned DFI system this should be a cake walk to you. I looked at my first DFI system yeterday and I can tell you its just as easy as flashscan. You were tuning internal combustion engines with DFI and unless I missed a news flash last time i checked the LS1/LS6 is an internal combustion engine. The priciples of fuel and timing still apply. No one here will help you because THEY DONT WANT TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR COOKING ALUMINUM AND STEEL...
    EFILive - The Single version of the Truth

Larry - HumpinSS

O.k. I have the lc-1 all hooked up, but cannot figure out how to get it to work with efilive. I went into the pids. I highlighted the ,BEN_LC1 (Shows a little tach nest to it) And I choose, WO2S12_B, AFR_LC11, AFR_LC12( they all have a red "X" over the little tach. I cannot figure out what does and doesn't need to be on or off to get the LC1 to work. Where will it display the AFR when it does work?
    I forgot to add, for the {CALC.BEN_LC1x} PId to be valid, you must also select the {GM.AFR} PID.
    Whenever a calculated PID (one with CALC. at the start of its name) has a cross through its icon (red or grey), then you can right clcik on it and select "More info" to see why it has the red cross through it.
    Some of the more popular non-calculated PIDs also have "More info" available via the right-mouse click.

I am not asking "HOW TO TUNE", I am asking what maps adjust the tune for the fuel and map. Charts do I use? I mentions some in my above post, Are those the main ones? Do I have to disable anything else above and beyond the Custom O.S. Tutorial? I can change #'s to match and tune it.
    Have you read through the AutoVE tutorial? That is a good place to start when tuning - it explains step-by-step how to tune your VE table.
    http://www.efilive.com/doc/AutoVE.pdf

You can set up maps in the scan tool to mimic those in the tuning tool like this:
    In the tuning tool select the entire map (eg VE table) by clicking in the top left blank grey cell.
    Then right click on any of the cells in the map and select "Copy with labels".
    Then back in the Scan Tool, selec tthe [Maps (F11)] tab page and select a blank MAP and then click on the MAP property editor toobar icon (or just press Ctrl+Enter).
    You need to select the correct PID for the data, the row and the column.
    Data = {CALC.BEN_LC1x}
    Col = {SAE.MAP}
    Row = {SAE.RPM}
    To get the right labels, on the [Col] and [Row] tab pages, clcik on the [Paste labels] button. That will insert the labels that you copied from the tuning tool earlier.
    Click [Ok] and save your map with the name of your choice.
    I recommend using the following folder to save your map file:
    My Documents\EFILive\V7\Maps

Regards
    Paul

Lifetime Member

I am doing that tutorial right now. But chart B3605 cannot be found in my search feature. I am supposed to look at it to make sure all the #'s for the "EQ RATIO WHEN IN OPEN LOOP" are correct.
    '71 chevelle
    Twin turbo ls1
    96 lb injectors

Lifetime Member

Also, C2902 "MAF HIGH FREQUENCY FAIL2" Is not there. The chart skips right to C2903??
    '71 chevelle
    Twin turbo ls1
    96 lb injectors

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast