Thread: Car wont' start, need some help!

Default Car wont' start, need some help!

It's been a while since I been on here, just finally got my car running again after almost a year and a half and i'm having some problems!

While the car was down I went through the wire harness inside and cut out everything not necessary, including the bcm. I have vats shut off in the computer, I also have my starter on a button on my dash and the fuel pump on a switch on my dash. I went to start the car tonight after work after finally getting the right sized pushrods and she fired right up. Was having some idling issues and was playing with the throttle set screw on the accufab and still couldn't get it right, so I looked at the efilive screen and noticed that the tps % was all over the place, so I unplugged the tps and fired the car back up and she went right to idle was running perfect, got the cooling system bled and was getting ready to shut her off cuz I knew I needed a new tps (even though this thing is brand new and shouldn't be fucked already) and all the sudden she died before I could shut her, now the tps doesn't read anything at all, so it's totally dead, plugged a stock tps in and it reads perfect. But since it died, it will not start back up, it just starts and instantly dies, no matter how much throttle or whatever I give it as if someone is instantly cutting fuel. There is no security light or anything on, and it ran with the tps unplugged, so I don't think that could be causing it, but could it? It's got spark, it's got fuel, and it's got compression now that I got the right pushrods in there, I don't know what the fuck to do, i've been fucking with it all night and i'm really starting to get disappointed and frustrated!!!! Is it possible it's something with the vats or in the tune that I didn't set right? It's acting just like vats, but why would it have been ok to begin with and then all the sudden fuck up? Could the tps not working cause this? I have the car in speed density mode cuz i'm no longer running a maf with the accufab 4150 tb on there and when it was idling, I was looking at everything and it was all perfect and exactly the same as when I had the fast 90 on it before.
    - Devon

White '99 Z28

9.09 @ 150

Welp, put a new tps sensor in it today after fucking with it all last night and no luck and she started right up, can't believe that was doing it, figured it should at least start up and idle without the tps, but I guess it tells the comp to cut fuel and not even let it start and idle when the tps isn't reading, weird!
    - Devon

White '99 Z28

9.09 @ 150

If it dies again, log these pids:
    STATE06
    VTD
    VTDTIMER

and check for any DTC's.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    If it dies again, log these pids:
    STATE06
    VTD
    VTDTIMER

and check for any DTC's.
    Ok, thanks man, but I don't think it will, it was running all last night, and just to test I disconnected the new tps and it did the same shit it was doing, so it was definately the tps.
    - Devon

White '99 Z28

9.09 @ 150