Thread: Help w/ installing driver for Lc-1

Default Help w/ installing driver for Lc-1

Hi everybody, I recently installed the LC1 and gauge in the car per instructions. Now I need to get it working with EFILive. But for whatever reason, when I hook the LC1 cable up to the laptop, it does not recognize any drivers that are on the LM works CD.
    The programs installed fine, and I have tried the drivers for XE on the cd and the hardrive with no luck. I've had the ignition power on and have tried both the in and out jacks of the LC1

Any help would be appreciated, I need to program the output 1 for efilive.
    Thank you

The LC-1 needs "Log Works" and "LM Programmer" , you have to use a "Serial to USB Adapter" or a Serial port on a old laptop , if using a Serial/USB adapter you have to make sure the drivers are installed for it and select the correct "com" port for the LC-1 to work .
    If you use the "digital" input on a V2 all you need is a "null modem adapter" to use the cable provided with your V2 unit when you purchased it (Serial to RJ25(12) (phone jack) .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Thank you for the help. I bought the adapter, but have one more question. Which PID do I use to work with the digital input for logging? I can't seem to find anything in the list for it.

You need to have the "LC-1 WBO2 serial" PID selected and "external WBO2" , as well , a easy way to tell is if the PID needs certain requirements you can right click on it and select "properties" there it will state what other parameters needs to be met for correct operation of that PID .
    Maybe someone with more detailed descriptions can chime in here .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Thank you for the help again.

I am not seeing any PID that references a WB serial. I have EXT.AD1-4, EXT.SW1&2, and EXT.TEMP1&2. For the LC1 I have CALC.AFR_LC11.

The main reason I ask is because I programmed the LC1 per instructions, but I'm only getting <1v going to the anolog input, so I figured the digital (serial) would be worth a try.

I will double check the stickies again, but any help would be appreciated.
    BTW I am using flashscan v7.5.

On the V2, go F4->F1->F1 to edit the settings, enable wideband in, and set type to "Innovate".

O-k here is what I have selected for the LC-1 digital , O2-Wide :
    Base Efficiency Numerator 1 , BEN_LC11 , CALC.BEN_LC11 (VE correction)
    BEN Factor Bank 1, Serial Wideband , LS1 style , BEN1 , CALC.BEN_LC11 (VE correction and controller type , note LS1 , yours may be different)
    External Analog Voltage 1 , AD1 , EXT.AD1
    External Wideband AFR , WO2AFR1 , EXT.WO2AFR1
    Wide Band AFR 1 LC-1 , AFR_LC11 , CALC.AFR_LC11

I was wrong when I stated to right click and look at the "properties" it is in fact "more Info" selection that shows additional data selections needed to make a PID work , that is only if the PID has a red (X) through it or you want to know what makes it tick .
    And this is contingent on you have the correct cable or null modem adapter to connect the LC-1 to the V2 unit's digital port .
    Last edited by Chevy366; June 24th, 2008 at 07:16 AM.
    2006 Trailblazer

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by 99TransAmls16spd View Post
    Hi everybody, I recently installed the LC1 and gauge in the car per instructions. Now I need to get it working with EFILive. But for whatever reason, when I hook the LC1 cable up to the laptop, it does not recognize any drivers that are on the LM works CD.
    The programs installed fine, and I have tried the drivers for XE on the cd and the hardrive with no luck. I've had the ignition power on and have tried both the in and out jacks of the LC1

Any help would be appreciated, I need to program the output 1 for efilive.
    Thank you
    I'm not sure if it matters but did you put that plug in the INPUT line per instructs?
    Do your Analog output lines work?
    07 Silverado DMax Classic
    02 Z06 LS3 416, 805rwhp, TFS245, Wiseco, Callies Crank/Rods, Iskendarian Lifters, Crower Rockers, FAST102/90, ATI Damper, 1-7/8 Kook's LT, QkTime Shield,Tolle-Fab 8pt
    Old Engine: 1/4mile = 9.6/146 New Engine:?

EFI Live Tune/Scan v7.5.27, EFI Live Scan and Tune v8.2.23, build 276, BootBlock 2.07.06, FirmWare 2.07.52, 512K RoadRunner (12.14.R), Innovate Serial LC2x2

COS5/12212156 For 2002 Z06 Manual Vette