Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Official dump in unsupported 4cly tunes you read out thread.

Does anyone know or have tried using a Cavalier 2.2L tune & OS in a S10 in order to get fan control? I would think I would just have to copy over all of my tables & do a full flash. Am I thinking correctly or am I missing something that won't allow it to work?

I have an 03 Cavalier that I would like to start playing with, is there going to be support for it soon, or do I need that "other" tunning package
    I have attached the file that I pulled from it. there was an option in the tune program for 02-05 4cyl, so I am just wondering if its in the works or not.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lifetime Member

Give Jesse a few days, he can usually make the proper .cal or .calz for you. Then copy it into the proper calibrations folder and tune away.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

FYI: I emailed this calibration to Jessee earlier today...
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

I added support today for it.
    That is an older operating system. The new one thru gm fixes alot of bugs. So you might want to get that one at some point or another.

Im working on a request system that i can send out new bins of ANY car via email. Just havent fully implemented it. A customer would just type in a vin number, and it would pop out a fresh file for them with all the latest updates in efi format.
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

Jesse,

Can you look at a tune I posted on page 2 awhile back. I have an inspection coming up, and have a mil to turn out.

http://forum.efilive.com/showpost.ph...6&postcount=12
    Jason Woolverton
    2000 Mallett FRC
    2003 Silverado SS
    Mallett 396's Garage

HMM that structure is totally different and will take me 2 days to go thru it by hand.. I will try to do it asap. As for the dtcs, that section is a mess also on that 97 file.. there is a dealer update for your file also, but i dont have that one supported yet either. But it does relax the dtcs a bit from setting specific codes. Not sure what one you are throwing, but it might fix that.
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

It's the convertor code p1470, I think. I'm at work, and will check for sure tonight. I could try to get the pcm updated at the dealer if it makes it easier on you.

The car wont pass emissions test (just a systems and fault code test, not a sniffer), and I dont want to replace the cat on a $700 car. I have extra licenses to burn.
    Jason Woolverton
    2000 Mallett FRC
    2003 Silverado SS
    Mallett 396's Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me View Post
    I added support today for it.
    That is an older operating system. The new one thru gm fixes alot of bugs. So you might want to get that one at some point or another.

Im working on a request system that i can send out new bins of ANY car via email. Just havent fully implemented it. A customer would just type in a vin number, and it would pop out a fresh file for them with all the latest updates in efi format.
    Do I need a .calz file?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by s10mods View Post
    Do I need a .calz file?
    Yes, the .cal/.calz files contain the proper address/structure of the *.tun code so you can modify and flash it.

Jesse, sounds like a great system! Cant wait to try it out.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast