Thread: V6 tuning

Default V6 tuning

is there any plan for efilive to release more v6 platforms? like the GM 3800? I just bought an 01 Grand Prix with the L67 and now I need a way to tune it. I have tunercat adn the v6 files, but I tried to flash it and it fried my pcm. the recovery doesnt even work. I tried TC on a friends grand prix nad it locked up the pcm too, but I was lucky enough for the recovery option to work. anyway i'm pissed at TC now that I need a new pcm, but it just seems that TC dont work right all the time either. I dont really want to shell out a bunch more money for another programmer, so I was just wondering if it was in the works or not?

Give it another try on the recovery, I had to try a few times on my 99 Vortec Black Box PCM.

Go to car-part.com, I picked up 2 PCM's for $12 each there for my 3800 (00 Park Ave Ultra L67).

Disable OnStar!!!!!! I yanked mine. If you have it and it is a Gen2, Gen 2.6 or Gen 4, pull it and toss it (or call me and talk to me about it, I might buy it from you, there is 1 part in it I want....) I had a problem with mine first READ, it hosed up my PCM, it was OnStar.

Disconnect PCM fuses for 1 min and try again. You might be hung up in read mode. It isn't TC's fault, any tuner would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by s10mods View Post
    is there any plan for efilive to release more v6 platforms? like the GM 3800? I just bought an 01 Grand Prix with the L67 and now I need a way to tune it. I have tunercat adn the v6 files, but I tried to flash it and it fried my pcm. the recovery doesnt even work. I tried TC on a friends grand prix nad it locked up the pcm too, but I was lucky enough for the recovery option to work. anyway i'm pissed at TC now that I need a new pcm, but it just seems that TC dont work right all the time either. I dont really want to shell out a bunch more money for another programmer, so I was just wondering if it was in the works or not?

I went and bought 2 pcm's for $40 and I even tried to benchtop program them, with no luck, I fried 3 pcm's total. I ended up getting one from my brother and we flashed it with a tech 2 then read it with tc then were able to reflash it. My brother also has tc and his worked but he was using an older version of the flash so I changed that on my laptop but also the service number of the pcm was different, so I dont know if it was the different version of winflash of if it was the different service number, but I dont really want to find out by frying another pcm.

What version of TC and WinFlash?

I recently found a PCM that wouldn't read at all, TC added it to the PCM.dat file. But I can't still read it at all.

Can you READ successfully and fails WRITE?

You really can't hurt it reading. Writing you can, but most cases you can fix it with the PCM Recovery.

If you wanna ship me one of the bad ones to mess with I can try and see if I can recover it (I am in 61109 and work in 60048 if you are local). But for sure, shoot TC an email with the issues, he will help out and give you advice.

I am serious on OnStar, just because you don't see the rear view mirror or antenna DOES NOT MEAN IT IS NOT THERE. (I worked on OnStar....)

Quote Originally Posted by s10mods View Post
    I went and bought 2 pcm's for $40 and I even tried to benchtop program them, with no luck, I fried 3 pcm's total. I ended up getting one from my brother and we flashed it with a tech 2 then read it with tc then were able to reflash it. My brother also has tc and his worked but he was using an older version of the flash so I changed that on my laptop but also the service number of the pcm was different, so I dont know if it was the different version of winflash of if it was the different service number, but I dont really want to find out by frying another pcm.