Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BBL Logging and PID Selections

Default BBL Logging and PID Selections

I've got a PID selection and Dashboard all setup to work with a BBL session.

However, after grabbing the .efi file and loading it is a real pain to get my stuff working with it.

I start 7.5 and click PID tab and open my PID file, then click Dashboard and open my dashboard file. All looks good here. Then I open the new .EFI file and it changes both my dashboard and my pid selection so everything is lined thru but one chart item. I have to press Ctrl-N and repeat 2 or 3 more times till it finally loads with the PID and Dashboard I built for it.

Somebody posted earlier that the program would try to match the best pid list with the .efi file automatically. If it is indeed trying to do that, it doesn't do it very well as it picks one that only has a couple items selected.

Is this a naming thing? Any input appreciated.

Ken . . .

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Usually, the preferred dashboard name is stored in the *.efi file. That is the dashboard that is loaded when you open the *.efi file.

When a file is created via BBL there is no preferred dashboard stored in the log file. In that case, no dashboard gets gets loaded and the currently loaded dashboard is used.

Once you get the dashboard that you want to display the *.efi file, re-save the *.efi file and the dashboard name will be saved with it.

See also Properties->Startup->Load defaults for selecting which dashboard you want to be displayed when the Scan Tool software is started.

Handy hint:
    If you roll the mouse from a position outside the dashboard disaply to a position inside the dashboard display, the names of the current dashpage *.vdp (and dashboard *.vdb) are displayed in the status bar at the bottom of the screen. That helps you to figure out which dashpage/dashboard is currently displayed.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Usually, the preferred dashboard name is stored in the *.efi file. That is the dashboard that is loaded when you open the *.efi file.

When a file is created via BBL there is no preferred dashboard stored in the log file. In that case, no dashboard gets gets loaded and the currently loaded dashboard is used.

Once you get the dashboard that you want to display the *.efi file, re-save the *.efi file and the dashboard name will be saved with it.

See also Properties->Startup->Load defaults for selecting which dashboard you want to be displayed when the Scan Tool software is started.

Handy hint:
    If you roll the mouse from a position outside the dashboard disaply to a position inside the dashboard display, the names of the current dashpage *.vdp (and dashboard *.vdb) are displayed in the status bar at the bottom of the screen. That helps you to figure out which dashpage/dashboard is currently displayed.

Regards
    Paul

I've set my defaults to always open my BBL pid file and my BBL dashboard. The Dashboard piece is working, but I can see the PID file go away as it opens. I see for a flash all of my selected PIDS, then they go away and I end up with only one or two selected, the PID File is blank, and most of my dashboard items are lined through. Now, I could reselect everything just right and save the EFI file and that would probably preserve that file as you indicate (haveen't tried it), but as soon as I do another BBL run and bring it in, there goes my PID list again.

Whenever you load *any* log file the PID list is cleared and the selected PIDs are replaced with the PIDs from the log file.
    If your log file only has a couple of PIDs in it then that's all that will be selected/displayed.

After you open the log file, look on the F9 tab page and that will show you the list of PIDs that were logged in the file.

Regards
    Paul

Ok, F9 tab only shows 3 PID's right now. That is totally bogus. I've got at least 12. I scrolled thru them on the flashscan as they logged, and I actually had all 12 of them displayed properly on my BBL dashboard earlier. I tried resetting to default dashboard and now nothing seems to work. Seems like its currupt again.

I don't know if I can trust the program to tune my car. Logging and scanning is very inconsistent. I'm going to try calling a support person tomorrow. I've wasted so many hours just doinking around with logging. Just when I think I get it working, it flakes out. I actually had the gearbox ratio calc pid logging along with the others at one point.

I cranked up my desktop setup which I don't want to use, copied the same .efi file onto desktop, loaded it in 7.5, dashboard works fine, F9 tab shows 30 PID's. My notebook only shows 3 PID's for the same file. Flaky!

I then copied the .efi file from flashscan back into my desktop and loaded it up. This time the F9 tab shows 4 PID's instead of 3.

Did a reboot and repeated the process. This time I got 9 PID's, but the log file wont play right even with most of the PID's I need.
    Last edited by kwhiteside; June 8th, 2009 at 12:04 PM.

Can you post that log file here.

Default Files

see if this works. Sorry the .efi is so big. it was from a commute home.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I can see 20 channels worth of pids...

I took one of my dash pages and added charts for each of your pids.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBL00014.png 
Views:	236 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	5558  

Quote Originally Posted by kwhiteside View Post
    I cranked up my desktop setup which I don't want to use, copied the same .efi file onto desktop, loaded it in 7.5, dashboard works fine, F9 tab shows 30 PID's. My notebook only shows 3 PID's for the same file. Flaky!
    So it works on the desktop but not on the notebook. That gives a clue as to where the problem might be. Maybe there is a fault with your laptop or a the EFILive software installation has been corrupted or damaged in some way on your laptop. Maybe its a different windows version, maybe a different hardware specification (CPU speed memory available, etc) is causing you to see a different result on your laptop.

I know its a long shot, but without any additional info, try re-installing the latest software (V7.5.5 build 87) on your laptop.

Failing that, try deleting all the V7.5 registry settings on your laptop so that it reverts back to factory defaults. To do that, exit all EFILive software, run* the regedit program and delete the key: \\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EFILive\V7.5

On XP:
    Select Start->Run and type in regedit and press ok.

On Vista:
    Type regedit in the search box on the start menu and then click on the regedit executable that apears int he start menu.

Regards
    Paul

Uninstalled like you said, didn't work.

Uninstalled again and deleted every occurance of efilive v7.5xxx in registry (this worked before for me) then installed into a new directory (also blasted both program files and documents directories for efilive v.75. (Vista ultimate btw)

So now I have a very fresh install. I'm sure my .efi file wont work, because even your sample files dont work. Camaro, Monaro, Starr don't load right. PID's lined thru and when you play it, it doesnt chart properly.

I've also looked on my box, registration card, and your website for a support phone and can't seem to find one :(

I'm thinking that getting the shipped samples to work would be the best place to start as it is your known environment. Whey they work, I'm sure mine will work.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast