Thread: WOT tuning

Default WOT tuning

Hello everyone. I have been reading and learning on here for a while and tuning my 99 LS1 A4 Camaro with EFI Live (purchased from greenlight). I have installed the following mods: innovative wideband, comp 228/232 cam, Dart 225 heads, pacesetter headers w/ory, LS6 intake, svo 30 lb injectors, underdrive pulley, !air, !egr, TCI 3500 ssf converter, and 3.42 gears.

I upgraded the OS to a 2002 to make tuning easier. I have been mainly working on driveability tuning, and this is my first time tuning a computer controlled car. I have done RAFIG/RAFPN, AutoVE, adjusted spark, and spent countless hours tweaking the cracker/follower and learning tables. Driveability is now pretty good and I'm ready to take it to the track for some WOT tuning.

Which brings me to my questions. From what I have read, my target AFR for PE mode should be 12.5 - 13.0. Is this correct? I am running with a maf and closed loop. Do I need to set it up in speed density mode to tune the VE table for PE mode? Or does it even read the MAF when running WOT? I know it's not using the 02's. Is it possible to do AutoVE for PE mode? Basically, can someone walk me through the steps for tuning PE mode? I know it's the easy part of the tune but I think it would go much faster if I had a little guidance. I don't get down to the track often and want to make the most out of my time.

Thanks for any help.

If you've done the auto ve properly, and your fuel trims are zerrow or -ve before entering power enrichment, you should be able to put your desired wide open throttle afr values in B3618 and be pretty close to the mark.

May need to tweek a little and check with the wideband.

also make sure cat protection is turned off when dialing in PE, you can turn it back on after if you still have cats, otherwise leave off.

Ensure fuel trims are not +ive before entering PE or this added fuel will be carried over into PE mode and give inconsistant WOT fueling.
    Back yard boost
    347+ T76 = 770 rwhp 10.96 @ 135 mph

So your saying all I need to do at this point is make sure I have desired correct in B3618, and tweak the VE table to get it there? That would make it easier than I thought. It is actually fairly close already but I know there is more in it. I don't need to put it in SD, tweak the VE, put it back in CL, and finish by tweaking the MAF?

I have no cats, so protection is turned off. I am going to work on my AutoVE a little more today. My LTFT's are slightly +, which is why I think it "pops" once in a while when I stand on it at low speed in 1st.

As long as your VE is close , and your fuel trims are zerrow to slightly -ve, just use B3618 to command your desired WOT AFR.

It may be a little off if your VE isn't close, but that only meens, ie you may be commanding 12.8 and see an actual which is a little higher or lower, so just tweek the table till you see what you want with the wideband.
    Back yard boost
    347+ T76 = 770 rwhp 10.96 @ 135 mph

Cool thanks for the help. I'll be headed to the track tomorrow night to work on it. Hope I can get some decent times also.