Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Modified DFCO settings - not getting expected results

Nothing in my installation should be gear dependent. I have the entire GTO (2004 LS1) engine, transmission, engine harness, and PCM. The only things I don't have is the body control module (traction control, abs, etc). So far everything seems to work just as expected with the exception of this DFCO stuff.

Try swapping the enable/activate columns. I know there are a lot of stock settings like this, but it's one more easy thing you can try to get marked off the list. Better to rule it out then not consider it.

After that, lets move on to the electronic throttle questions.

Quote Originally Posted by TAQuickness View Post
    Try swapping the enable/activate columns. I know there are a lot of stock settings like this, but it's one more easy thing you can try to get marked off the list. Better to rule it out then not consider it.

After that, lets move on to the electronic throttle questions.
    Sounds good, you are right, I should at least try it to rule it out. It doesn't make sense to me that they're backwards either. I won't be able to try it out again for at least a week or two. I just got a leak in the core of my radiator. Back to the radiator shop for replacement and/or repair. This has been the best $800 radiator ever.......

As far as electronic throttle. I have a mechanical pull cable throttle just like all other LS1s. The car did come equiped with some sort of electronic throttle cable system. I think it would override the manual input in some cases but not real sure. I removed it and until now it seemed to be consequence. I doubt that its the issue but you never know.

good ETC shouldn't be an issue then.

dfe1 - On the spark topic - I'm not sure I follow you 100%. I've not realized anything in B3334-6 to resemble a spark limit/enabler. Difference between a 512 and 1024 PCM? Taking a closer look at the logs, I'm leaning more towards the idea of signal or communications interuption.

Kevin - Can you establish for sure DFCO is only working in the lower 3 gears or is only functional under a certain speed?

Quote Originally Posted by TAQuickness View Post
    Kevin - Can you establish for sure DFCO is only working in the lower 3 gears or is only functional under a certain speed?
    I'll have to add gear to my logs, and just drive aroudn trying to turn it on at verious gears and speeds and see what I find for sure. But like I said, that is gonna be at least a week or two out from now. I'll keep you guys updated.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123