Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red X's on PID's

Default Red X's on PID's

Me and a Friend spent an hour and a half trying to get my EFI Live V7.5 to work but somethings not set right.
    All but 10 of my PID's are X'd out, but when we plug his laptop in they are fine, so something on mine isn't right.

We looked at a thread from back in '05 but it didn't fix the problem.

Any Ideas?

Right click on the pid & select more info. If there needs to be other pids selected it will tell you here.
    Also if the pids havent been validated yet the will show up with the red cross through them. When you plug into the vehicle & connect the scan tool do they should become valid.
    The Tremor at AIR

Quote Originally Posted by 5.7ute View Post
    Right click on the pid & select more info. If there needs to be other pids selected it will tell you here.
    Also if the pids havent been validated yet the will show up with the red cross through them. When you plug into the vehicle & connect the scan tool do they should become valid.
    Tried that when we were messing with it in 111 degree heat. I could have been doing it wrong i guess?
    I'll try to get a screen shot posted up tomorrow. I'm late for bed. Gotta be at work in 6 hours and it takes an hour to get there.

only 10 of his pids are supported, the rest are unsupported with a red X on them, we can connect to the vehicle but wont let him validate the pids, log, or record. almost everything is gray wont let him do anything

Screenshots above where taken while conneted to the truck. I can't do anything until I figure out why nothing is supported.
    Can't scan, can't validate PID's cant do squat.
    Another note, When plugged in to the other laptop my OS shows up on the list. While plugged in to mine it's not there.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

The software is not connected to a vehicle. The status bar at the bottom of the window (where the VIN is displayed) will be blue when a valid connection has been made.

It is gray when there is no connection (or a connection to FlashScan only).
    It is yellow while connecting.
    It is blue when connected but not data logging.
    It is red when data logging.

When connecting, display the [Console] tab page and see if you can see any messages that indicate why the connection is failing.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    The software is not connected to a vehicle. The status bar at the bottom of the window (where the VIN is displayed) will be blue when a valid connection has been made.

It is gray when there is no connection (or a connection to FlashScan only).
    It is yellow while connecting.
    It is blue when connected but not data logging.
    It is red when data logging.

When connecting, display the [Console] tab page and see if you can see any messages that indicate why the connection is failing.

Regards
    Paul
    It started telling me that I didn't have any drivers installed. So I uninstalled and started over, Still did it. Went into device manager and uninstalled the drivers for V2 Flash scan and then reinstalled them, making sure it was the drivers for vista that are posted on EFI Lives website.
    No longer getting the message.
    I'm in my truck right now. I turn my key on and hit connect. Status bar goes yellow for a few seconds then Grey. Handheld says USB Mode Connected to PC. So for some reason some where i'm not getting connection to the truck.
    Everything is up to date and this is the same handheld that was used to tune my truck on 2 other laptops.

Toss some suggestions my way, I'll keep working with it.

here is something i noticed.
    Before i had my laptop i plugged the handheld into the truck to see what i could do with it alone... but learned it's not set up for that just yet.
    Anyway, when i plugged it to the truck the handheld would power up, and now it doesn't when plugged into the truck alone.
    checking the wire.

PIDS now validated.
    Blew the cig fuse so the pcm controller wasn't working. Thought it was good since i been using a power converter the entire time and it was working just fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast