Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mcrat tune?

Quote Originally Posted by camcojb View Post
    Let Pat pull some of the defuel out. You'll also need to do some logging to verify timing, fuel pressure, pactual pusle width, etc. to make sure the truck can run that tune without a lift pump; it's got quite a bit of fuel in it.

Once it's sorted out the truck with Pat's tune will run the number.

Jody
    yea no lift pump and u wont be going to fast

Quote Originally Posted by camcojb View Post
    Let Pat pull some of the defuel out. You'll also need to do some logging to verify timing, fuel pressure, pactual pusle width, etc. to make sure the truck can run that tune without a lift pump; it's got quite a bit of fuel in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by fire0021 View Post
    yea no lift pump and u wont be going to fast
    Quote Originally Posted by hondarider552 View Post
    have tts LP
    As Jody suggested, do some logging to verify that the pumps are working properly and it's holding rail pressure...
    2007 CC/SB 4WD, McRat EFI Live, Trans, Trans Cooler and C3 clutch oiling mod by Mike L., SD Sleeves, SoCal Diesel

2002 CC/DRW 2WD, McRat EFI Live, Trans, Trans Cooler and C3 clutch oiling mod by Mike L., SoCal Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by Dtuner View Post
    what rpm do you have the shift point set at? without looking at the tune sounds like youmay have maxed the stock cam ,on my engine dyno the stock cam is all done at 3300 rpm, no matter what tune you have in it. Just 1st thought that comes to mind Rick (Dtuner)

I run a stock LBZ cam to 797rwhp at 4400 RPM peak.

I could push it higher, but there are other limits we need to work through. It's not the cam.
    2005/2007 DHRA Western Drag Champion
    Bonneville A/DT & B/DT Land Speed Record Holder, 197mph best speed.

Casper - 05 GMC 2500 Dmax LLY 10.59 @ 129, 916rwhp
    Big Blue - 04.5 GMC 3500SRW LLY 13.12 @ 104, 502rwhp sled puller
    Wendy - 06 GMC 2500 LBZ 12.50 @ 107.5 First LBZ into the 12's. 542rwhp.
    Blue Meanie - 02 Z06 11.40 @ 121 AFR H/C

Quote Originally Posted by McRat View Post
    Some LBZ's have traction control on the 1-2 shift.

It can now be programmed out, and does not affect all vehicles.

Just email Kat your tune with a letter stating when you bought the tune, and I will fix it.

You did buy it from us, right?

And yes, there are alot of LBZ's running 12's on the Wendy tune.
    Pat,
    Brian (hondarider552) does not own EFILive (yet). He has PPE, and is looking to go with EFILive. He was very curious about your race tune so I loaded it for him and let him run it at the track. I got the tune from you at the EFILive class I attended. At that time, you told me I could share your tune (in the manner described above) so long as credit was given where credit is due. I did not alter the tune what-so-ever and Brian knew from the beginning, this was your tune, not mine. I hope your feelings on this have not changed, but if they have, let me know and I will not load it for Brian again. He does not have the tune itself, I loaded it for him and subsequently tuned it back to stock so he could continue to use his PPE tuner.

At any rate, when I first got the tune from you, I loaded the tune in my truck and it was exhibiting some similar behaviour to what Brian is reporting. At the time, I already had a tune I built myself that I prefered as my daily driver so I didn't look any further into your tune.

With that being said, if you want to continue to help Brian figure out what is going on with your tune, I'll email you the copy I have. It's the one that you gave out on the memory stick at the EFILive class.

Thanks,
    Last edited by blksmok; July 2nd, 2008 at 03:19 AM.

Would anyone happen to have this tune file that I could try please? Please pm me
    Last edited by roycerichards; February 23rd, 2023 at 09:33 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12