Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Installing the V7.5 Software

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jrh View Post
    Paul,

I am not at my desktop PC that was having this problem (and I fixed the problem on that PC by uninstalling and re-installing the software anyway).

Despite that I decided to test this at home on my laptop and I think you might be on to something. I tested this on my laptop by going the other direction. With a GM log file (2010 E38 Camaro SS ECM data) open and graphed, I went to the File->Select Controller option and picked the Cummins Controller. All but the calculated and SAE PIDs disappeared.

I don’t think that should be how the software is configured since if you are viewing a log file I can’t see why you would want to remove data or why selecting the controller type after the fact should impact already logged data.

To make matters worse, when I wanted to see the all the PIDs again, when I went to File->Select Controller and I selected E38 controller, the missing PIDs did not reappear. To get the missing PIDs to display again I had to re-open the same log file. This too does not seem to me to be how the software should be configured.

Jason
    Thanks for the info Jason, I didn't realize the PIDs did not come back after selecting a GM controller, working on a fix for it...

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Default PIDs

Paul,

I just noticed that it also impacts your dashboard. When I changed controllers it removed PIDs I had selected to be in the graph view. Opening up the Dashboard page didn't fix it either until I had first fixed the log file (but changing controllers and re-opening the log file). Then I could select the dashboard page and get my display settings back.

BTW - I posted some of this info in the "sticky" regarding PIDs that is also in this section.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Thanks for the info Jason, I didn't realize the PIDs did not come back after selecting a GM controller, working on a fix for it...

Regards
    Paul
    Last edited by jrh; June 29th, 2011 at 02:06 PM. Reason: typo
    Jason Haines, Project Director
    Lingenfelter Performance Engineering
    http://www.lingenfelter.com
    jhaines@lingenfelter.com
    260-724-2552

are these above mentioned issues fixed with 7.57?

With 7.5.6.170.

See the downloads page at www.efilive.com

Hi guys,

I have sent a msg to support. Just would like to know if anyone else has the issue, I have the latest V.7.5 and then I had to update the bootblock and firmware in v2 so it would connect. Ever since I have done this it asks to relicence all the pcm's I have already tuned with the current cable. (This has happened sometime ago aswell with an old update).

BUT, if I pull the tune with v8 scan and tune and then reflash with v8 it will flash without asking for licence, then for some reason I can flash again with V7.5 with no issues atleast for a few flashes then the problem persists again. I might try using my other laptop with older version for the meantime as I have 5 customers heading to the track on Friday night. Would be great if someone could help BTW it is Windows 7.

Any ideas?

Seams as though I have fixed one problem but another has raised its head .

Regards

Joel

Quote Originally Posted by hymey View Post
    Hi guys,

I have sent a msg to support. Just would like to know if anyone else has the issue, I have the latest V.7.5 and then I had to update the bootblock and firmware in v2 so it would connect. Ever since I have done this it asks to relicence all the pcm's I have already tuned with the current cable. (This has happened sometime ago aswell with an old update).

BUT, if I pull the tune with v8 scan and tune and then reflash with v8 it will flash without asking for licence, then for some reason I can flash again with V7.5 with no issues atleast for a few flashes then the problem persists again. I might try using my other laptop with older version for the meantime as I have 5 customers heading to the track on Friday night. Would be great if someone could help BTW it is Windows 7.

Any ideas?

Seams as though I have fixed one problem but another has raised its head .

Regards

Joel
    When you say you have the latest version do you have the version that is on the web site (V7.5.7.160) or the version that is available on the forum (7.5.7.168)?
    The 168 fixes the problem that you described.

Regards
    Paul

I have version 170, trying 178 now blacky,

thanks

Joel

Blacky 178 fixed the issues, absolutely flawless on my behalf best its ran in a while. Thanks again.

Joel

I have 170 and selected programs>efilive>v7.5>check for updates, says none available even though 180 is on the website. missing a lot of pids. How do I install the update if it says one doesn't exist?

Quote Originally Posted by johnmaster View Post
    I have 170 and selected programs>efilive>v7.5>check for updates, says none available even though 180 is on the website. missing a lot of pids. How do I install the update if it says one doesn't exist?
    You need to download the V7.5 and V8 software installations from our web site here:
    http://www.efilive.com/index.php?opt...=48&Itemid=133

Then you need to double click on the downloaded files to install them.
    Make sure you install both V7.5 and V8 and that you use the V8 EFILive_HAPI software to update the firmware in your FlashScan device.

In the previous version release the auto-update caused problems with existing installations.
    The auto-update has been switched off until we can fix it and verify that it works correctly.

Regards
    Paul

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast